The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Nov 8, 2015 at 5:06 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
What if I already have an archive of my songs (e.g. right here) and want to link that instead of uploading them directly to the wiki? Also, I feel like it would be a MUCH better idea to organize the songs by game than by genre. I can totally start making those edits now if that's fine with you.

EDIT: Actually it probably wouldn't be all that bad to re-add my songs to the wiki archive. And now that I'm thinking about it, it would probably be best to organize the songs by game console instead of just by game.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2015 at 5:15 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I'm trying to make it easy to pick out ORGs to put in mods; not finding recompositions of made songs

I would be all for two separate forms of categories though, as long as all the songs would be listed in both said categories.

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:16 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Bombchu, did you like, mess up the CSS? Because the text on the profile header is overlapping itself.

Well I added ORGs to the list anyways. I tried uploading one via the link but then it kind of disappeared, so I just linked a few that I posted in the show-off thread from earlier.

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
So once I've uploaded my ORGs through the MediaFire link, do I have to wait for them to be approved by you and added to the unorganized list until it's accessible or something? Because unless I'm missing something, I just uploaded the ORGs and it didn't give me a way to link them or anything.

I would be all for two separate forms of categories though, as long as all the songs would be listed in both said categories.
Alright, I may have to do that eventually. I'm guessing it would be easier to make a separate page for that instead of trying to do that on the same page as the current list...?

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:12 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I'm not very acquainted with wikia, but as long as you have an account and the DL link to the ORG you can just insert it?

(I'm not actually the one hosting the meadia fire account so...)

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Beakface
What's CSS?
It's - oh wait, never mind. I thought you were the only admin (wasn't aware you promoted Hax until now).

But anyway, since you're using a dark theme for your wiki, you may want to add this to your Wikia.css

Code:
/* Colour code of Recent changes page byte difference indications */
.mw-plusminus-pos { color: #99FF33; }
.mw-plusminus-neg { color: #FFAD99; }

That just lets you change the colour of byte indicators for history revisions and Recent Changes so they're a bit easier to see.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It's - oh wait, never mind. I thought you were the only admin (wasn't aware you promoted Hax until now).

But anyway, since you're using a dark theme for your wiki, you may want to add this to your Wikia.css

Code:
/* Colour code of Recent changes page byte difference indications */
.mw-plusminus-pos { color: #99FF33; }
.mw-plusminus-neg { color: #FFAD99; }

That just lets you change the colour of byte indicators for history revisions and Recent Changes so they're a bit easier to see.
Btw sites that use wikia dont change background when accessed on mobile browsers.
Thought you want to know.

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:58 PM
"Huzzah!"
What's CSS?
Cascading Style Sheets. It's how you customize stuff like color, fonts, font size, backgrounds, etc. in a webpage. There's also 'inline css', which is when you would do something like this:
HTML:
<p style = "font-family: Consolas">hello, world</p>
The style = part is your inline css

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:07 PM
Beakface
Btw sites that use wikia dont change background when accessed on mobile browsers.
Thought you want to know.
I don't get what you mean by that; this code is for browser only. If you use a dark theme on mobile it doesn't really change at all. But because you see a dark background, then it will affect that and only that.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I don't get what you mean by that; this code is for browser only. If you use a dark theme on mobile it doesn't really change at all. But because you see a dark background, then it will affect that and only that.
When accessing wikia sites on my mobile, the site always uses a default-sounding white theme.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Should some commands (like ANP, etc.) get their own page?

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:35 PM
Beakface
When accessing wikia sites on my mobile, the site always uses a default-sounding white theme.
I'm aware, but the mobile skin code is different from the Wikia skin, which is why I told Bombchu to put the code in the Wikia.css as opposed to Common.css (though I don't think it would affect it on mobile anyway.)

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2015 at 8:09 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Guys, I know I'm the founder of this but I literally know nothing more then how to make new pages and write articles.

Bear with me as I try to figure this out.

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Stoned Member
So I had an idea:

Should we make pages for mods kinda like on Sonic Retro / ZDoom?

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:49 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 9, 2015 at 1:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Guys, I know I'm the founder of this but I literally know nothing more then how to make new pages and write articles.
This sentence is a contradiction. Just FYI.