Zelda CS complete mod help needed.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
You said the same thing 4 times... copy-paste error or deliberate?
And thanks, BTW.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Just an error that I immediately edited Xp

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Ah. OK.

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I will have screencaps to show in a while, once I get a few key things. Then once all conditions are met, I can make a short demo. This mod is already turning out awesome, and I have only been working on it for one night with one person.

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Just don't expect me to do assembly (I can barely change major bosses' HP, let alone an advanced assembly.)

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Okay sounds good. If you have Skype, add me @mastersword321 and we can talk

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Unfortunately, no Skype. I did set up a drawing room (it has a IRC feature in it).

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
mastersword321 said:
I tried [scripting]. It didn't work out so well. I spent an hour trying to script a door. It ended up in a loop back.
An hour isn't enough. Two years ago today, I spent several hours trying to script my first treasure chest. If I had quit after one hour, I wouldn't have gotten it to work. It might take some scrutinizing getting the hang of it, but before you know it, you'll be able to breath TSC. You just need to keep at it. I recommend that you be the one to do the scripting. That's the kind of task in CS modding that really is best carried out by the main person with the vision. It requires so much tweaking that going back and forth between the main creator and specified scripter over and over again would be inefficient. Nonetheless, if you can make it work...

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
HaydenStudios said:
An hour isn't enough. Two years ago today, I spent several hours trying to script my first treasure chest. If I had quit after one hour, I wouldn't have gotten it to work. It might take some scrutinizing getting the hang of it, but before you know it, you'll be able to breath TSC. You just need to keep at it. I recommend that you be the one to do the scripting. That's the kind of task in CS modding that really is best carried out by the main person with the vision. It requires so much tweaking that going back and forth between the main creator and specified scripter over and over again would be inefficient. Nonetheless, if you can make it work...
Wait, sorry for interrupting, but what does <TSC do? Is it similar to <ANP?

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Professional Whatever
<ANP is TSC
Scripting is TSC
You cannot command TSC
TSC can be harnessed only by individuals of the purest intent
Open your heart and you will discover the answer to the mystery that is <TSC

Oct 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
um... wut

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Based Member
Samario said:
um... wut
You know that scripting language you use when you mod Cave Story? The one to write all the scripts for your rooms? The one that begins every command with a "<" and then three characters (usually capital letters)? The name of that scripting language is TSC.

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Man, it'd be amazing if someone ASM Hacked a Zelda 2 sword system into the game.
If flag XXXX is set, you can press down when in air to stab downwards, and when flag YYYY is set, you can stab upwards.

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM
LSD
"..."
Crystalwarrior said:
Man, it'd be amazing if someone ASM Hacked a Zelda 2 sword system into the game.
If flag XXXX is set, you can press down when in air to stab downwards, and when flag YYYY is set, you can stab upwards.
Jed37 was actually working on something similar to this. It was a hack of the Blade that made it a melee weapon instead of a ranged weapon (save for level 3). It doesn't have the ability to attack upwards or downwards, though, but they should be easy enough to change back.
Here's the thread- http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/3391/
It's also worth noting that he didn't post the source code in the thread, but instead a link to a hacked Doukutsu.exe. Hopefully it won't be a problem as it's such a new mod, so you don't have months of work put into it, but it may be a bit of a problem copying everything from your old version of your mod into this Doukutsu (suggesting you do implement the hack).

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Hmm I might look into using that sword mod. Right now we just have the swords distance set to right in front of the character replicating a sword slash. It will have to do for the time being. On another note, The first demo will be ready soon! It will include up to the first dungeon. There will be 6 dungeons in total. The only thing I need right now is a person to do the org music cuz goddamn I have tried and failed miserably. But we are getting very good progress, and I hope I can release the first demo soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 10
Nov 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
mastersword321 said:
Hmm I might look into using that sword mod. Right now we just have the swords distance set to right in front of the character replicating a sword slash. It will have to do for the time being. On another note, The first demo will be ready soon! It will include up to the first dungeon. There will be 6 dungeons in total. The only thing I need right now is a person to do the org music cuz goddamn I have tried and failed miserably. But we are getting very good progress, and I hope I can release the first demo soon.
Hit me up with a PM and we'll discuss me making some orgs for you.

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM
"Huzzah!"
Yay, another Zelda fan! :chin:

mastersword321 said:
On another note, The first demo will be ready soon! It will include up to the first dungeon. There will be 6 dungeons in total. The only thing I need right now is a person to do the org music cuz goddamn I have tried and failed miserably. But we are getting very good progress, and I hope I can release the first demo soon.
If you get a demo up in time, you should submit it for NCFC (Nintendo Community Fangame Convention):
http://www.nintendocfc.com/

Also, on Zelda Fan Game Central you might get some help with sprites if you ask. Of course, it would do no good to ask for any help with anything CS mod related, like scripting and such, but there are some really nice and talented spriters there. And I'd love to see a CS mod Zelda fan game on ZFGC. :mahin:

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM
FrozenFire said:
Yay, another Zelda fan! :chin:

If you get a demo up in time, you should submit it for NCFC (Nintendo Community Fangame Convention):
http://www.nintendocfc.com/

Also, on Zelda Fan Game Central you might get some help with sprites if you ask. Of course, it would do no good to ask for any help with anything CS mod related, like scripting and such, but there are some really nice and talented spriters there. And I'd love to see a CS mod Zelda fan game on ZFGC. :mahin:
Sounds like a good idea. I have gained a coder since I posted this, plus I am slowly figuring it out, but some spriting might be nice. I honestly can't wait to get the demo out.

Nov 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Professional Whatever
Did I already offer facepics? I might be willing to make some faces if you want. Of course you'd have to actually have some content to show off before I can help you out.

Nov 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM
MagicDoors said:
Did I already offer facepics? I might be willing to make some faces if you want. Of course you'd have to actually have some content to show off before I can help you out.
No you didn't lol. Yeah, we don't have many faces currently but once we get some characters in mind. We have a few though. If I was to send you a demo right now it would be pointless, there's a glitch I need to fix. Once it is fixed by all means lol.