Zelda CS complete mod help needed.

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:11 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So I'm starting a mod where I am turning all of cave story into The legend of Zelda. It will retexture almost everything, and change the characters into Zelda characters. I want to make it like Ocarina of Time in terms of backgrounds and atmosphere, but keep the engine and feel of cave story. And to do all of this alone would take over 5 years. I will need help with scripting a story, some of the textures, and just help in general. I am currently working on the main characters, texturing quote into link and curly into Zelda. If you can help, please contact me at gagieboy@live.ca, I would love to partner up and ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a good one. ;)

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
No story yet? Is it supposed to be exactly like Legend of Zelda's plot (pardon me for inaccuracy; I've never played that game)?

But remember, it took Pixel five years to make Cave Story as well. ;)

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
It should be along the lines of the modern Zelda in a way, but since curly will be Zelda, I think the main objective will be to destroy Gannon as always and save a very early skyloft (the island in skyward sword). This is just a broad general idea of what will happen though.

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
5 years: no it wouldn't take that long and I'm pretty sure you can't keep yourself focused on it that long.

You don't have any notable modding experience, don't set yourself up to fail but telling yourself you'd be willing to do the work for it but also depend upon other's to do what you don't want to learn how to do.

Generally if you ask or help here you won't get anything long term and even if people say yes they might get bored and drop it or make something bad for you.

Do something small for yourself, cut some fat from your idea and take a few shortcuts, because the hardest part is going to be finishing.= and no one here ever finishes.

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM
It's not that I'm not willing to do it all my self, it's that if I WERE to do it all myself it would take a long time. And for one, I don't want to make a small mod that has almost nothing in it, nobody gives a crap about those. So why even bother making them when I already have an awesome idea that is doable and I only need a little help? It's no fun modding yourself, it's so much better when you Are working with others, even if only for a short period. I'm not depending on others, I am fully capable of working on it myself, but think of it this way. It's way better for two people to carry a dresser than one.

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Well that's understandable but in most cases here you will end up working alone unless you have a good friend with you who is just as motivated as you are. As for small mods, every mod here gets played and the mods no one gives a crap about are the bad ones that go unfinished. I think about 5% or less of cs mods actually get completed. No offense but I'm still not holding anyone to that standard.

In the end your gonna do what you want, just remember that you should consider your resources and skills before going off and making something you intend to consume a lot of time. Best of luck.

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Well, alone or not this is getting done one way or another. Once I have enough content to post a good demo, I will post it. In the meantime, if you know anywhere where I can get help, please tell me. Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward to the responses once I release the demo.

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Sounds good. I will be on relatively soon, have some errands to run. I definitely look forward talking. Here's my Skype: mastersword321 ile get ya when I can.

Oct 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
The Legend of Curly: Life Pot of Time?

An Zelda game in the Cave Story engine seems hard to do, but I'd help.
Contact me on Skype if you need art or scripting or map design or anything really
My Skype name is on my profile

Oct 19, 2013 at 12:35 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I may help.
Somehow....

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Can you program or use command prompts Vinnis?

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm going to give you a suggestion.
Instead of asking for help from people you don't know straight off, work on the mod yourself for a while. This will let you know exactly what you can do, and what you'll need help with. Then, once you feel you have enough content for a demo, post it here. That way we can look at it and know a bit about what you'll want the mod to be. Then ask for help, and I can assure you the help you get will be more motivated and better able to help you than the help you'll get now.

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
vinnis are you familiar with unix systems
this is an important skill to any modder or dinosaur wrangler

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Right now, the only thing I need is a music man for the org files, and a scriptor because I can't edit scripts for crap. I am actually relatively close to being able to release a demo, but it would be nice to have some music tracks for it.

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I could help scripting if you like.

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Professional Whatever
mastersword321 said:
and a scriptor because I can't edit scripts for crap.
Hey
Hey you know what helps improve your scripting ability
Actually scripting yourself

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Were you replying to me or Mastersword?

Oct 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I think Doors was replying to mastersword.

And uhh I could be the org guy, but I won't contribute until I see some really nice work being put into this. I assume you'll want me to transcribe Zelda songs from past games?

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Samario: that would be awesome I would love some help

MagicDoors: I tried. It didn't work out so well. I spent an hour trying to script a door. It ended up in a loop back.

TpCool: I would love to have classic Zelda music in there, and trust me, we already have some really cool stuff and ideas. Been working on it with a friend since just after I posted the thread.

My Skype is mastersword321 if you want to contact me to help or see progress.