YOUR opinion

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm soon turning 27, and I'm more than 10 years older than some of you. I find sometimes weird that I hang around discussing "What does Balrog eat?" and such, yet I find that you guys are more honest than many of my collegues. I simply enjoy here. Hopefully soon I'll begin my specialization in cardiology - it'll be weird to have a cardiologist here, no? On the other hand I don't have and will not have a family, not even a girlfriend (I'm a frigid carrierist)...therefore friends are important to me, so I'd not be all alone. Although thankfully I have much and good rl friends, I like to talk online too.

I would like to ask about your opinion...should I leave? If I don't fit there is no point to stick around. Won't wanna be a weirdo the forums suffer from. At Alien Arena almost all my clan members are older than me (oldest player is 60!!!), so I don't stick out...

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
According to my profile I'm 109... I'm older than you..., but not nearly as mature x_x

Anyway I'd say find a balance...

The forums will be here when you show up, but people are constantly on the move. So, I don't think you need to leave unless you can't concentrate on work.

*fidgeting* "I have to tell the others about Misery's eating habits!" *rushes through surgery*
That's when you know you might have a problem...

Nobody wants to see you go, but do what's in your best interests... just don't forget to stop in and chat once in a while :D
No reason to quit unless you don't like it, or it's causing a problem. And once you find a girlfriend she might steal you away from this place anyway...

[of course I'm the last one who should be giving advice... lol]

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
*fidgeting* "I have to tell the others about Misery's eating habits!" *rushes through surgery*
That's when you know you might have a problem...

Quoted for hilarity xD.

ontopic: I, for one, enjoy having you on the forums, trickybilly, and I think many others do. As XC said, leave if the forums are too much of a distraction from your work, but, otherwise, if you enjoy them, stick around. I'm pretty sure you are in no way "a weirdo the forums suffer from" :p.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
it'll be weird to have a cardiologist here, no?
No...

Anyway, as long as you think for five seconds before posting and don't get an infraction for it, you can safely assume you're welcome here. Quitting cold-turkey usually never works unless you're a dickless coward, so don't try because I don't think it would benefit anyone. If you're busy being a cardiologist, you don't have to spend time here, but if you find the time, drop by.

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Quitting cold-turkey usually never works
*Cough cough*
I kid

trickybilly people like you are the lifeblood of this/any site, and losing you would be a huge blow. I like to think of any proper community as a collection of individuals, and this one is small and varied enough that there is hardly any central demographic that you need to "fit" with (aside from the "using your thinkymind" demographic as Fab mentioned (which you do)). You should do what you feel comfortable doing; and as long as you are comfortable here you're more than welcome to stay :mahin:

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
What everyone else said is pretty spot on. You're nice and intelligent, which makes you a good member to have here, but if you don't want you stay, or you find it as a distraction to you, then you should leave, if only for a while.

Jan 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well Ive been very very inactive recently. I went like 2 months without coming here.. I'll still be around here for a long time.. But the forums just aint the same as they used to be for me..
Go live your dreams dude :D

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
im 25 and don't have a life at all and never have

you're actually doing something with your life, so you should feel absolutely no shame in doing anything with your spare time that you enjoy. you have no reason to leave

i, on the other hand, shouldn't even be taking these once-a-month snippets of 30 minutes posting here, or any of the other myriad pointless things i do, and should be, y'know, moving towards a goal or dream or something

i've always wanted to make cartoons and i've been drawing hardcore the last ~7 months but that's still just a base start. i should be getting a real education or drawing at least ten times harder than i am such that something involving animation is actually remotely realistic despite the fact it's a dying industry in america right now that even the best and brightest and most passionate young artists have absolutely zero chance to actually get in the door or make any money through

i don't think i have any other dreams though, so whatever

like maybe i can make a regular income and be respectable to normal people by playing old video games over and over like i do now right huh isn't that true hahahaahahhaahahahahh HAH.

tl;dr you shouldn't leave and should do whatever you want with your time as long as you also continue along your current path in life. i, on the other hand, severely need to get off my ass and stab my social anxiety in the face with a bladed instrument and start succeeding and not come back to any of my internet time-wasters until i have done that

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Thank you for your answers, appreciated :)