Your Cave Story Videos

Nov 13, 2010 at 12:59 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
darkcrusader said:
How do you record your computer's audio with audacity?

It used to be that among the recording devices you could select there was one that let you record your speaker output. The RIAA bullied all the sound card manufacturers into removing that functionality.

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:20 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Schilcote said:
It used to be that among the recording devices you could select there was one that let you record your speaker output. The RIAA bullied all the sound card manufacturers into removing that functionality.

Yeah, a lot of sound cards don't let you see a Stereo Mix option (what you hear) which makes recording your sound impossible. (I've looked into this a lot; for me at least, there's no way around this, other than getting a new video card.)

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:30 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I use Camtasia, set it to "Record Computer Sound" and "Record Microphone Sound," then delete Audio 2 during the editing. Works like a charm. I'm gonna experiment with the "Record Computer Camera: (insert name of laptop/USB camera here)" setting next.

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:55 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
SpikeFin said:
Sadly I can't record my speedrunning, the game starts lag just too much at the moment I start screen capturing...

If the WiiWare version ever comes, it would be possible to record that.
I haven't forgotten this place..! Though you have probably forgotten me since... well, I never was anything but random guy here. Oh well.

The WiiWare was released in Europe at last, I finally got chance to record Cave Story. So first video I made was the Sacred Grounds speedrun. WiiWare version is a bit faster than original, so that 2"41'00 isn't so fast as you would think. Though I don't say it's not good run, it's pretty hard to try to improve that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmjQqmBUgIg

I think I going for hard mode next (3HP, no missiles I guess). Monster X is just pretty painful. ._.