Yay for Kanpachi!!!

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:59 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
DragonBoots said:
Tsk-tsk-tsk.
I guess I'll just delete the folder called "Kanpachi_Mod".
=/

Also, whips and chains are so pre-CSI.
I wasn't sure if anyone was actually serious, or if it was "mess with the new guys head" kind of idea.

SO NO, NO DELETING THE AWESOME MOD THAT WE WILL HAVE THE AWESOME POTENTIAL TO MAKE! (lol)

No, really. I'm used to being mocked immediately on mods right after joining the forums, so...I wasn't precisely sure how to react.

I so want to play as Kanpachi. With a whip. And a rapier. And a fish to slap people with. :p

So yes, I feel special, knowing for once, I joined a forum were people aren't out to totally kill each other :D

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:06 AM
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nabi said:
I wasn't sure if anyone was actually serious, or if it was "mess with the new guys head" kind of idea.

SO NO, NO DELETING THE AWESOME MOD THAT WE WILL HAVE THE AWESOME POTENTIAL TO MAKE! (lol)

No, really. I'm used to being mocked immediately on mods right after joining the forums, so...I wasn't precisely sure how to react.

I so want to play as Kanpachi. With a whip. And a rapier. And a fish to slap people with. :p
You forgot the Bukkit Launcher.
Nabi said:
So yes, I feel special, knowing for once, I joined a forum were people aren't out to totally kill each other :D
Not most of us.

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:27 AM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
You forgot the Bukkit Launcher.

Not most of us.
Oh yea, I knew I forgot about something, instead of exploding lures, the BUKKIT launcher!

hmmmm...it could run along the stats of the ex lures, instead it shoots bukkits!

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:31 AM
Bukkit Launcher = Missle Launcher? At level 3 it shoots the bukkit along with three fish that were in the bukkit?
I think for this mod you will have to tone down the jumping height, since Kanpachi is not a robot. But now that I'm excited about this I might give it a shot. How hard can making a few levels be if I don't have to make new tilesets?

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:34 AM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
Bukkit Launcher = Missle Launcher? At level 3 it shoots the bukkit along with three fish that were in the bukkit?
I think for this mod you will have to tone down the jumping height, since Kanpachi is not a robot. But now that I'm excited about this I might give it a shot. How hard can making a few levels be if I don't have to make new tilesets?
good point, and if you end up doing the levels, you can make sure there's no 100% water levels. I hate the waterway, and the core fight. No agility while in water whatsoever...

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:36 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
You can't hold back the power of the Bukkit!

I'm gonna work on something secret now.

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:37 AM
I wonder if it's possible to give Kanpachi the ability to swim? It sounds easy; all you have to do is give him the Booster and only make it work in water, although I'd have to hack the game, and that's where I become useless.
But let's not get too technical until this thread gets moved (and hopefully renamed).

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM
"..."
Well, it may pay to at least have the ideas here, even if it's moved. Though, if we could hack into the really old Mario games (I think SMB3 is the first, it's been a while...), we could look at the underwater levels, and see what the script is for that, though that may be WAY too technical going that route I think your idea might be better, and a whole lot less hassle. One question: where in time will we start his adventure? during Quote's grand adventure?

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:47 AM
I'm not going to re-script it like that! Gosh, I'd be so very lost. No, I think my idea is much simpler. I've never played an underwater level on SMB3 (don't lynch mob plzkthnx), but if it's anything like the first game then that is a bad idea.
Waaait... is the structure for Ikachan similar to Cave Story? Because if so, it shouldn't be hard to give Kanpachi squid powers.
As for the plot, you just leave that to me.

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:50 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Kanpachi's first attacks should be fists, knife, and fishing rod, with fists being your default attack before you retrieve your tools. Naturally, their ranges are severely limited. Leveling up does not affect this.

The story begins some time before the Doctor arrives on the island.

A little while after the story begins you meet Jack, who lends you a .44 Magnum. This comes (not directly) after a scene in which you find Jack and King in a bed, whereupon they awkwardly jump out and Jack attempts to explain it away while King stands more or less silently to the side, uttering only a short phrase like "Well, I..." after his partner finishes.

Oh yes, and he should be able to swim.

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:52 AM
Thank you for your suggestions but Kanpachi will not be using his fists since Quote didn't either, and he's a robot. We're using a rapier, not a knife, lurk moar, and Kanpachi does not need to "retrieve his tools", he carries his rod and bukkit at all times, even when he sleeps.
Also the King x Jack gay sex thing is getting old.

Aug 21, 2009 at 6:54 AM
"..."
It was just a thought, lol.

The last game I successfully modded, was a simple game, and it wasn't hard...
Last time I tried to read into Chrono Trigger's script...Yea, not too fond of how much IQ I lost there, due to being so lost. (lol)

That's a good question with Ikachan, and I think we should delve into it, though we may have to add a line so it only activates underwater (IE: Flying Kanpachi).

Off topic: Looked at the newer CS and the old CS, wow. the graphics look much sharper. SO buying it when it comes out. same with a Wii, and some other goodies :D. [/Offtopic]

EDIT: So, that's why he's called Sick Bastard. ALMOST reminds me of Jacob and the desire to rape everything. Also, Chaco doing what she did with Quote ingame was enough, I think :p

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:00 AM
Maybe Kanpachi flings hooks or something off his fishing whip? Because I don't know if we can make a 2-tile long whip animation.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:06 AM
Also the King x Jack gay sex thing is getting old.

But you see I have yet to grow tired of it. Furthermore, it has yet to be implemented in a game.

In other regards:

• The rapier should be highly limited in range at level one.

• Santa is a genius. I mean, he created the Fireball in a cave with a box of scraps. He should surely play a big role in the story, and if he doesn't he should at least give you a cool weapon.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:09 AM
"..."
hmmm...I wonder if there is a way to rotate his fishing line from the plantation pot, where it's about 2-3 tiles down, but make it horizontal, and be able to set it to the attack command (if there is one, I'm taking a shot into the dark.)

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:15 AM
"..."
Sick Bastard said:
But you see I have yet to grow tired of it. Furthermore, it has yet to be implemented in a game.

well, perhaps ask in the hacking area? I doubt it, but who knows...

Sick Bastard said:
• The rapier should be highly limited in range at level one.
Agreed, though the level should mimic something about the blade. but for example: Lv. 1 deals 5 damage per swing, Lv. 2 deals 11 damage, and Lv. 3 deals 18.

Sick Bastard said:
• Santa is a genius. I mean, he created the Fireball in a cave with a box of scraps. He should surely play a big role in the story, and if he doesn't he should at least give you a cool weapon.

I dunno about a big role, but maybe he gives you some vital item, or something, I dunno, Santa is just plain evil.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:16 AM
I guess just making a fishing line appear all at once would be a good way to do this, but is it possible to have firing animations? I don't know! And I don't think this is the appropriate place to discuss this. If we're serious about this we should talk more privately. Add me on MSN.
EDIT: Of course Santa's evil. His name was a typo.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:19 AM
This is the perfect place to discuss such things as what we are discussing. This is "Cave Story Discussion."
But as you like.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:20 AM
Sick Bastard, please don't add me on MSN.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:20 AM
Captain Fabulous said:
Sick Bastard, please don't add me on MSN.

:p

I feel so lonely.