Yay for Kanpachi!!!

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Probably in the wrong area, but oh well, I placed it here, and if it is indeed the wrong spot, we can move it. I think we can use this thread for a Triple use, how awesome Kanpachi is, for discussion over the Kanpachi mod, and for, well, stuff.

I love the mimiga called Kanpachi, and though this was started in another thread, I decided to give it it's very own thread: the ideas for the group mod of Kanpachi's story in CS (Or, something like that :D) this way, the poor guy's "why does everybody hate Kanpachi (ingame)" thread can have a short break, before we think of something else to post there (lol).

Let's get the ball rolling, shall we?

(I know this is sorta starting from square one again, but it's all good, we can transfer the info here)

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:28 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Chinfish will have a bit of dialogue wherein his portrait is shown while "..." is printed in the text box.

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM
"..."
Sick Bastard said:
Chinfish will have a bit of dialogue wherein his portrait is shown while "..." is printed in the text box.
I knew there was a ninja following me. [/offtopic]

well, I dunno how we shall pull it, but I think he should have his own mod of awesomeness.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:29 PM
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I stated how awesome I thought Kanpachi was waaaaay back in the "Who's Sexy in Cave Story?" thread that you don't know of (R.I.P.).
Also, I don't think you should have made a new thread for Kanpachi. There was already one for him, which would have been perfectly suitable for discussion. I can tell you were up late.
But whatever. KANPACHI FANS, TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT.

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:16 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Captain Fabulous said:
[...]KANPACHI FANS, TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT.

Kanpachi Fan used Rollout! It's super effective!

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:20 PM
No it wasn't I'm a rock-type.
And if you're going to make this Kanpachi mod, please don't fill it with underwater levels. No one likes those.

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM
"..."
well, this is where I planted the idea thread, only because that guy thinks we all hate him. So, I made one for us to group together and figure out how to make his mod (I can't create it, but I can give ideas and stats), due to not having the knowledge or time to make it myself, I can at least bring ideas and make up stats for whatever we put into it.

EDIT: Besides, how would Kanpachi even breath for the extended period of time underwater. Can't just give him an air tank. but yes, I agree, I hated the all underwater levels in CS. (other than the Ironhead fight, which was pathetically easy, even when I did it the first time :D).

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:39 PM
No, that guy thinks everyone in Cave Story hates Kanpachi. We're not in Cave Story.
Also, if this thread is only for discussing a mod then it should go in the Hacking/Modding section, but that's probably not a problem. If it is, the thread will be moved.

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM
"..."
Ah..

Ok, got your point there. I guess this thread ends then, I ran out of steam, or we let it run however it decides to run, no issue either way.

This does tend to happen a bit. start off with an idea early in the morning, then completely forget what I was talking about. Time to go refresh the forums and find something else to yap about :p

*Sound of a lightbulb burning out*

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:54 PM
No no no, threads don't die this fast. Especially not when there is talk of a mod involved. Just let people come by and revive it. It can't possibly die any faster than this one.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM
"..."
wow.

only 29 posts, and dang it got nasty fast...

I can see why andwhyisit closed that thread, surprised it wasn't deleted, really.

EDIT: If in some time, when I can grasp the graphical modding and such, then I will make a Kanpachi mod.
since we were talking a little bit about it in the other thread, I planned to move that and whatever else here, though for his thread, he has a good point, though no one knows he went off to do what he does best.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Well, we found out that Kanpachi is a cool dude in Duke Nukem's style and Santa is a sociopathic murderer and rapist, whose terror makes Chaco find shelter in delusions, we can as well continue applying Alternate Character Interpretation on the others...

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:09 AM
"..."
T-Jack said:
Well, we found out that Kanpachi is a cool dude in Duke Nukem's style and Santa is a sociopathic murderer and rapist, whose terror makes Chaco find shelter in delusions, we can as well continue applying Alternate Character Interpretation on the others...
good idea, though I think if I could, I would change the topic to that, instead of yay for Kanpachi, but it works either way.

Hm, who to go pick on next...

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:11 AM
Um, we could talk about how much of a creeper King is?

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
For the topic change, just ask andwhy. Anyway, I don't think that you can just pick a character and interpret it. Inspiration has to come on its own (i.e. King and Jack secretly being lovers...)

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
Um, we could talk about how much of a creeper King is?
I would like to be the first to second that the way he looks, with the red eyes, makes him indeed look creepy. Make me think he was smoking the red flower a little to much.

Edit: well, it doesn't bother me that the topic is what it is, though after this semester of college, I think I will try to assist someone if they would be willing to make a mod for Kanpachi. but it's all good, regardless of anything. But that will be for later. Also, WHAT?!? THEY'RE LOVERS!?!? Wow, I guess that IS how you get the number 2 spot in a village, heh heh...

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:14 AM
Nabi said:
Make me think he was smoking the red flower a little to much.
My thoughts exactly. And how do we know he didn't intend to rape Sue?
Or, something else a little more PG.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:19 AM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
My thoughts exactly. And how do we know he didn't intend to rape Sue?
Or, something else a little more PG.
Well, he got her caged, but not in a good place, out in the middle of everything.

Phrase of the day: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me."

(Something my friend came up with. She's about as twisted as Santa...)

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Tsk-tsk-tsk.
I guess I'll just delete the folder called "Kanpachi_Mod".
=/

Also, whips and chains are so pre-CSI.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:00 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, my avatar'll do that to ya.
Now what was I going to say...?