Would Ballos have died in the second ending after the island crash landed on the Surface?

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
X-Calibar said:
I think she didn't die in the second ending. Because even if she's knocked out, there's Balrog. He'd probably take care of her.
But as I said before, Misery's curse would compel her to save the island at the expense of her own life, because if Ballos was killed or freed there would be no more crown bearers. For what other reason did she take Sue hostage to protect the core? What Pixel said makes absolute sense. Balrog can't save Misery from herself.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
But as I said before, Misery's curse would compel her to save the island at the expense of her own life, because if Ballos was killed or freed there would be no more crown bearers. For what other reason did she take Sue hostage to protect the core? What Pixel said makes absolute sense. Balrog can't save Misery from herself.
It's a very good point, though I would like to offer the theory that after possibly destroying the Crown and its bearer; that its influence might wane for a period of time. Just a theory.

Why would she protect the Undead Core, if not because of compulsion? Maybe to protect the island? As she said, if the core is destroyed, the island will fall; bringing about its supposed destruction... (though it didn't look like it was so bad...)
After the the curse is broken in the best ending, Misery seems to be sticking around, or watching Balrog fly off, or just being nostalgic or something... Don't really know, but I'd like to believe/theorize that she has a connection to the island, with or without the curse. And that she would protect it for her own reasons.
Balrog seemed happy to leave, but Misery didn't seem to be going anywhere...

Just offering up alternative possibilities...

"Balrog can't save Misery from herself." What's that from? Are you referring to something Pixel said in an interview? Or how Misery brought the curse on herself?

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM
"Huzzah!"
X-Calibar said:
It's a very good point, though I would like to offer the theory that after possibly destroying the Crown and its bearer; that its influence might wane for a period of time. Just a theory.

Why would she protect the Undead Core, if not because of compulsion? Maybe to protect the island? As she said, if the core is destroyed, the island will fall; bringing about its supposed destruction... (though it didn't look like it was so bad...)
After the the curse is broken in the best ending, Misery seems to be sticking around, or watching Balrog fly off, or just being nostalgic or something... Don't really know, but I'd like to believe/theorize that she has a connection to the island, with or without the curse. And that she would protect it for her own reasons.
Balrog seemed happy to leave, but Misery didn't seem to be going anywhere...

Just offering up alternative possibilities...

"Balrog can't save Misery from herself." What's that from? Are you referring to something Pixel said in an interview? Or how Misery brought the curse on herself?
Perhaps she has gotten used to living the island and it's also possible that she might have been knocked out until there was a new king. (The other ending where you don't break the curse.)

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
We know that Ballos wanted to die. When the island's falling, it would be logical to think he would grab his chance and try to crush himself. But would he be able to die with such a method?
Maybe his magic somehow slowed the island's descent, too. Might this be related to the thread in any way?

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
X-Calibar said:
As was said in hell, the crown and its bearers will continue to rise up so long as Ballos lives. This suggests that the crown can't be destroyed and that its magic would persist, else Misery would let the island fall as she clearly isn't compelled to follow Date any longer and it would be in her best interests. The red flower power would withdraw because it is simply a spillover of wild magic, but that shouldn't be the case with the crown.

Furthermore Misery still has full use of her power at this time. If the crown's power waned then the same would happen with her magic.

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
In the third ending, you shoot the bloody hell out of him (pun intended), and he still has enough juice to make the room close in. Or maybe he's immune to fall damage. Then again, if the island is destroyed; his prison is gone, leaving his powers unchecked (which he can use to heal himself).

Nov 24, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
HaydenStudios said:
Also, for all we know, the island could have landed on water, so that would explain how it remained intact.

When the Core was destroyed, Ballos' fury drove the island down to the surface and made it land on the water.
Excellent. Your theory is proven even more correct from the fact that the island would have (most likely) been part of the surface at some point, so when it separated from the surface, it would have left an crater the size of the island in the ground.
Considering that the island existed even before the Demon crown (a good few hundred years in the past), that would give the the crater tons of time to eventually become a lake of sorts, taking in all the rain from around the area.
(This lake is actually a location in a game I'm developing)
Strange thing, in the original draft for the script I was writing for CS2, this was the scenario for the story.