Working on a Mod - Help Needed!

May 8, 2009 at 10:51 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I understand you getting annoyed that I'm inexperiences, but I've looked around and there isn't any handy links like there is for TSC for flags. I've had a look around for a 'noobs guide to flags' as it were but can't seem to find anything. And since I've been able to mod quite succesfully so far without using flags I haven't been all that motivated to try and teach myself what they do.

May 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM
Yes it does~ Thankyou. Are there any flag numbers not to use? Like how some events are in Head.tsc, are there any flag numbers set aside for other things that would skitz out if I use them?

May 9, 2009 at 12:31 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sand2.zip

This is effectively a copy of the Sand Zone tileset from CS. Just extract the 2 files (.pbm & .pxa) into your data/Stage folder and then SW should let you select Sand2 as a tileset.

This should have all the water edits you'll need.

May 9, 2009 at 2:19 AM
Excellent~ Thankyou! I can finally do some more work on my Mod :)

Edit: Okay, I'm going through and making sure things have proper sounds and music now. So if you're playing the demo and notice a wrong sound/music or think a different one would go better then let me know~

May 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
May 11, 2009 at 5:39 AM
Apology accepted <3 And I'm sorry for anything I might have said.

I need feedback on stuff so... yeah. If people have any ideas for things I might wanna add then lemme know ^^

May 11, 2009 at 8:38 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
If this is your first mod of all time, this is a excellent step.
My first mod was only a few stupid dubs, and the doctor was poorly
re-sprited to have a similarity towards Micheal Jackson.

Every exterior in the Mimiga Village is locked, let alone having the door
to the village right where you spawn. Some punctuation in a few dialogs are missing;
but other than that, nothing else I have the pick at.

It was cool how you put a few challenges on some parts, with the deathtraps and the spikes. You're doing great for a first timer.

May 11, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Yeah this is my first mod. I'm likely gonna have to go back through and edit some stuff in earlier rooms, since I'm learning as I go x3
Micheal Jackson? o.o That sounds like a terrifying enemy...

All the exteriors are locked deliberatley, there should be a door to the next bit added in. I didn't think I'd hid it too well but my beta tester didn't find it for a while either >.< Oh? You mean I left a door in the first area?
If you notice any major spelling/punctuation errors then let me know~ I try not to make any in the first place but punctuation isn't my strongest area...

Thanks <3 I'll upload the next demo soon~ When I finish the next area and decide what boss fight to use in another(What I actually wanted to do seems to be impossible without some serious hacking skills D:) Won't be a lot extra since the last demo, I had to focus on school for a week or so.

May 11, 2009 at 9:17 AM
Assistance
Oh, so that door placed there was a mistake? that makes more sense. Haha, no problem.

May 11, 2009 at 9:22 AM
Yeah xP If there's any doors that skip huge chunks, or life capsules that give you 200 life then they were there for beta testing and I forgot to remove them xD

May 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM
Assistance
Rofl, 200? Why were you testing with 200 health!?

May 11, 2009 at 9:34 AM
I was testing the whole mod lol. First time I gave myself 100 and accidently hit a death trap xD I also needed HP to test something with the first boss. Unfortuantly the stupid things body doesn't hurt you so it's a lot easier than I'd wanted it to be.

May 11, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheh...

Um, shouldn't we be worried if you have to have 200 health to test your mod...
And, besides that, shouldn't you run it with regular stats, to better understand the difficulty, and then fix anything like related to that?

May 11, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Laziness!!

JacobX891 said:
Well, he's probably just bug testing. Let's face it: we're the beta testers.
Eh...
Wouldn't 'Beta-testing' be the same as bug testing? Or are you talking about major ones that could stop ruin the entire mod...?
Still, seems a bit lazy...
At least to me, who doesn't plan on releasing anything until I've found all the bugs I can....

May 11, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Ode to Joy

JacobX891 said:
By beta-testing, I mean 'testing the beta version of a game to provide insightful adjustments'

We're the slave labor driving the difficulty and additions. Hell, maybe even plot, if the person is weak-willed.
Wait, we're doing this for free...?
T.T

May 11, 2009 at 11:19 PM
Assistance
May 12, 2009 at 12:01 AM
I go through to try and find major bugs, but I know there are some I miss. the 200 life is so I can quickly skip through parts I know work and get to the new stuff without having to add doors, which as Ralren has noticed I occasionly forget to remove :p

I have a friend who tests what I have before I release it for the 'difficulty' test. He'd whine at me if anything was too hard xD Aside from difficulty gauging he's pretty useless though lol.

So I think he's my Beta Tester and you guys are my Alpha Testers? Or perhaos the otherway around xD

May 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Assistance
Depends on which stage your mod's on. Lolz
(Alpha, beta, prototype, etc)

May 12, 2009 at 12:11 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh..

Ralren said:
Depends on which stage your mod's on. Lolz
(Alpha, beta, prototype, etc)
Eh...
I don't think any mod really needs a description like Alpha or Beta.
I mean, it's a mod....

May 12, 2009 at 12:30 AM
lol fair enough xD Might release a demo after I get this boss done. Depends on how much work I'll have to put into the next area... a lot of my time is being taken up by trying to get this stupid thing with flags to work X_X Stupid flags. Evil things.