Why didn't Quote steal the key from Jenka?

May 9, 2018 at 11:06 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I mean, he did steal a gun from Gunsmith.
So, why not?

May 9, 2018 at 12:17 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
This is just a guess but iiii'm pretty sure it's easier to steal from a sleeping guy than an awake witch.

May 9, 2018 at 2:42 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Theory: Since Quote is a battle robot designed to destroy the Demon Crown, it's very likely that he was programmed not to be evil, but simply seeking self-defense, the cost of which probably did not matter to him.

He stole the gun so that he would have some sort of self-defense. Adding to that, if Quote returned to the First Cave, it's most likely that he wanted to return the Polar Star, because, by that point, he had other weapons to use.
Also, judging by the dialog, he trusted anyone who wasn't a threat (Jenka) and tried to help them (by bringing the Puppies, in that case). That's why he only asked for the key and didn't just steal it.

May 10, 2018 at 5:16 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Because Quote isn't a bad human robit.

May 10, 2018 at 5:33 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Because androids understand morality (or at least Quote does)

May 11, 2018 at 1:06 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Because Jenka didn't leave it in a chest. She probably had it on her? And while he can shoot near non-aggressive intelligent lifeforms, he is unable to target them unless they pose a threat.
He couldn't stop Toroko from being taken. And couldn't stop Sue from being taken. Can't even shoot Ballos until he makes an aggressive move.
If only the Doctor treated Quote nicely, he could have taken over the world.

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 4:30 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Because Jenka didn't leave it in a chest. She probably had it on her? And while he can shoot near non-aggressive intelligent lifeforms, he is unable to target them unless they pose a threat.
He couldn't stop Toroko from being taken. And couldn't stop Sue from being taken. Can't even shoot Ballos until he makes an aggressive move.
If only the Doctor treated Quote nicely, he could have taken over the world.
yah that explains a lot like how the bullets can't harm NPCs. But why can Quote kill the one and only chinfish? :chin:

May 11, 2018 at 4:36 PM
yah that explains a lot like how the bullets can't harm NPCs. But why can Quote kill the one and only chinfish? :chin:
His family were very against the chinfish tribe's views, so they killed all of them, or so they thought.
When Quote encountered the last chinfish in Mimiga village, he knew he needed to exterminate it

May 16, 2018 at 6:30 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Anything that can hurt Quote can and will be brutally rendered into their base components through excessive amounts of firepower

Consider me slightly disappointed that you can't destroy spikes, because that'd make the Sanctuary so much easier...