daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
...And then Quote woke up.

Best series finale ever.

Jan 30, 2011 at 6:01 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Lace said:
You know, it's never actually PROVEN that quote is a robot. we only hear it from two sources (booster and curly), and two people is easily a conspiracy. Plus, THEY could've facepainted him to complete the illusion.
who else but a robot could pick up mechanical boxes and somehow gain more life?
falling a thousand feet unharmed
explodes when killed

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:37 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
WD said:
...And then Quote woke up.

Best series finale ever.

...It was actually intended as a meta-joke.

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:45 AM
daughter of chivalry
I know that.

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:04 PM
Pirate Member
I didn't but don't really care.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:01 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Malpercio said:
who else but a robot could pick up mechanical boxes and somehow gain more life?
falling a thousand feet unharmed
explodes when killed

Not to mention that the sequence after the core involving Curly would be impossible if she was human.

Also, Quote didn't go crazy because he already was crazy. He steals a gun from an elderly person, has a self-imposed rule that he'll only shoot enemies if they are not loitering at a supermarket, stops panicked, terrified citizens by shooting at their feet and then after claiming that he's on their side, ignores people being thrown into dark abysses, sizes up an opponent's strength by letting them attack someone else fully in view, and, to top it all off, he uses the body parts of bats, elephants, cockroaches, rotary saw blades, and happy-go-lucky peas by cutting them up into triangle-shaped pieces and attaching them to his weapons to increase their power, even if that means that it will cause his sword to become possessed.

/GamingLogic

Discuss.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:04 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I bet that the reason he didn't go crazy was because he was already crazy to begin with. I mean he's been stuck in a Cave for how long, and then just wakes up out of the blue and is like "I'm going to walk around and stuff". Plus he never visibly talks.

For all we know he's a schizophrenic bipolar robot.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
T3mp0 said:
Not to mention that the sequence after the core involving Curly would be impossible if she was human.

Also, Quote didn't go crazy because he already was crazy. He steals a gun from an elderly person, has a self-imposed rule that he'll only shoot enemies if they are not loitering at a supermarket, stops panicked, terrified citizens by shooting at their feet and then after claiming that he's on their side, sizes up an opponent's strength by letting them attack someone else fully in view, and then he uses the body parts of bats, elephants, cockroaches, rotary saw blades, and happy-go-lucky peas by cutting them up into triangle-shaped pieces and attaching them to his weapons to increase their power.

/GamingLogic

Discuss.

/Thread.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Pirate Member
T3mp0 said:
Also, Quote didn't go crazy because he already was crazy. He steals a gun from an elderly person, has a self-imposed rule that he'll only shoot enemies if they are not loitering at a supermarket, stops panicked, terrified citizens by shooting at their feet and then after claiming that he's on their side, ignores people being thrown into dark abysses, sizes up an opponent's strength by letting them attack someone else fully in view, and, to top it all off, he uses the body parts of bats, elephants, cockroaches, rotary saw blades, and happy-go-lucky peas by cutting them up into triangle-shaped pieces and attaching them to his weapons to increase their power, even if that means that it will cause his sword to become possessed.
i'd steal a gun from an old man of questionable vision, it'd be safer in my hands if he couldn't see straight. Besides, how am i supposed to protect myself from jumping beanbag creatures if i can't shoot them full of energy?
of course you don't open fire in a supermarket. you wouldn't be allowed to shop there if you did
i'm pretty sure that, being a robot, anything he did to stop Toroko using hand to hand methods would result in far more than tripping over a hole in the ground and ending up scared.
Would YOU jump into a random abyss because you saw a very beat up "friend," who presumably you just met a little over an hour or two ago?
let's see, the only boss to hit someone else before fighting Quote was... nobody, iirc.
also the bats/elephants/insects/etc. blew apart into exp, he never cut anyone up unless he did it with the sword that was possessed when it's owner died. (go figure)

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Malpercio said:
let's see, the only boss to hit someone else before fighting Quote was... nobody, iirc.

Igor beats up Sue in front of Quote. He does nothing. She says hello, and then is grabbed and carted off by Igor, while Quote stands there until Igor's out of sight.

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:38 PM
daughter of chivalry
Maybe at the beginning he was one of those smug, emo characters that are all "I don't get involved with stuff. I'm so badass. Yeaah." (Even though he did technically sorta get involved with Mimiga village affairs earlier..but not too much)

Then he gets thrust into the big bad world of responsibility.

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Pirate Member
hmmm... i was only thinking about immediately before the fight began, i.e. if Balrog landing on Malco in the power room was intentional

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
"When you wake up in a cave, you just go with it." I've been saying that for years even before I found Cave Story.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Pirate Member
and also there's no exact time reference like "this takes place in year XXXX" so maybe scientists have figured out what part of the brain can lead to craziness and done something that makes it impossible to go crazy

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well maybe he just went with the flow. Cause he just didn't have anything else to do.

May 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM
/end
Wasn't Quote crazy all along?

May 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
The Island made him crazy. It was like Vietnam but 1'000'000 worse. He had to kill live animals and fight for his life each moment. There is no way he escaped without PTSD.

May 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM
/end
I feel sorry for Curly having to take care of a trumatic Quote after the game.

May 18, 2011 at 6:37 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

It must've been terrible.