Why did King want the key from Toroko at the beginning?

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:45 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I never thought of this, but... why did King want the Key from Toroko :toroko: ? I just usually skimmed through it, but now I
wonder alot about it. I think King wanted the key so he could teleport to the Doctor :muscledoc: and fight :sue: him off himself.

What are your thoughts :confused:

i felt like using emotes because nobody ever uses them and they just needed to be loved :heart:

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:54 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
King knew Sue lived with Toroko, and was talking about how he'd rather have the Doctor take Sue away because she isn't one of them.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:28 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well, I'd think it's because rarely anyone goes inside there, and plus, if everyone has been in there, the teleporter, to either escape, or try to kill the doctor. Idunno, haven't played CS for a while, but I know most of the general stuff.

Aug 30, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Absolute mess of a theory post removed for your convenience.

Possibly because he decided that Sue should be expelled from the village, and upon hearing this Toroko locked the door and ran away to buy Sue enough time to leave and research a potential escape route off the island. Maybe she learned about the Egg Corridor from her mother? It's plausible, I suppose.

I quite like the set of emots here, actually! I wish I had more excuses to use them. :momo:

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:08 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Polaris said:
Absolute mess of a theory post removed for your convenience.

Possibly because he decided that Sue should be expelled from the village, and upon hearing this Toroko locked the door and ran away to buy Sue enough time to leave and research a potential escape route off the island. Maybe she learned about the Egg Corridor from her mother? It's plausible, I suppose.

I quite like the set of emots here, actually! I wish I had more excuses to use them. :momo:
This makes sense, because Sue was about a third of the way to Egg #00. Luckily, King wasn't fast enough to get the key and Quote got it instead.

Aug 30, 2014 at 4:23 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I feel like it was just King being jealous of Toroko for being best buds with Sue and wanted that same relationship wanted the key because Sue was an outsider and brought trouble to the village so he wanted to remove all traces of her as soon as possible.

Also because of the red flowers maybe?

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
As said, he wanted to give sue to the doctor.
But in the Nicalis translation he says "Gimme the key!" which I feel a bit out of character for him, especially since he acts like that (A bit childish imo) only once at that exact moment. Even the next line of dialogue sounds like a different person.

Although it's probably Nicalis being silly.

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I hadn't actually thought about it much before now, but the initial dialogue between King and Toroko does sum it up fairly concisely. What it doesn't answer is how they expected to get her back from wherever she was in a hurry, unless they expected her to be sitting around in there not using the teleporter. This is turn makes me wonder something I often have, which is why Arthur's house was set up as such an important hi-tech central hub in the first place >_>

Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
But in the Nicalis translation he says "Gimme the key!" which I feel a bit out of character for him, especially since he acts like that (A bit childish imo) only once at that exact moment. Even the next line of dialogue sounds like a different person.
The bit where he says "Shuddup!" after trapping Sue is rather off-key, too.

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:21 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Polaris said:
Maybe she learned about the Egg Corridor from her mother? It's plausible, I suppose.
It makes some sense. When Sue and Kazuma are talking, Sue says that she found the dragon eggs referring to Egg Corridor and the Sky Dragons.

I honestly thought King wanted the key from Toroko so that he could find Sue and banish her from the village. I never really looked too deep into the situation.

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think Sue was residing in Arthur´s house where she and Toroko used to meet. King wanted the key to put a stop to that.

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
trickybilly said:
I think Sue was residing in Arthur´s house where she and Toroko used to meet. King wanted the key to put a stop to that.
And to be honest, you can understand why he's upset in a way.
Some stranger just walks in your town, puts it in danger, puts one of the (presumably) most valuable villagers at great risk of kidnapping, disregards and from what I gathered, insults most villagers in response to their justifiable distrust of a random stranger and to top the biscuit or whatever the hell the phrase is, moves into the dead hero of the village's house, locks the door and essentially uses it as a base for "kidnap me and take over village plz".

Luckily quote puts an end to that last bit.

Aug 31, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
King clearly wanted the key to access Arthur's house to get Sue and offer her to the Doctor in the chance that the Doctor would leave them alone after getting what he wanted (Sue). This was something that King actually attempted after Sue returned from the Sand Zone. The fact that it was an opportunity to get rid of the foreign unsociable troublemaker made it so much more justifiable, but could hardly be the the defining reason when the game clearly states (post-SZ) that King was planning to hand Sue over to the Doctor.

Aug 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
King wanted to get the key to arrest Sue. Then the Doctor could take her away instead of someone else, because if anyone must go, it would be an outsider.

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:09 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
What I think happened was that the doctor was demanding Sue because of how she was A) One of 2 known mimiga that have once been human
B) The easiest to access of said 2. and C) Might be a great leep in his making of the red crystal, since she was part human. That is what I thought of the scenario.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
moves into the dead hero of the village's house
why would you move into a dead hero