Who killed the Colons' mother/father?

Who do you think killed the Colon's mother/father?

• Total voters
Jul 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dunc dude chill out, no reason to get snippy like that.
This kid's actually right and you're not, maybe you should more tentatively disagree with people? Unless they really deserve it then there's no reason to freak out like that >:

Also new kid, just because you're right doesn't mean you can be a douche. You're going to be banned incredibly quickly if you keep that up, seriously. You gotta make friends in a forum this small, and being a dick certainly doesn't earn you any friends here.
Okay yes it does but you're doing it incredibly wrong.

Jesus I feel like your mom guys, what the heck

Jul 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I wouldn't have gotten snippy if it were anyone else but him
Retaliation is not the answer......
you should know better than that

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Maybe when Curly was exploring the sand zone, the Colon's parents had somehow eaten red flowers, and started attack their own children. So Curly had to kill them. But during the battle, she got hit hard on the head, and lost her memory.(Or they frenzied mimigas threw a magnet at Curly, thus wiping her memory)

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I have this really cool razor you should check out, I use it all the time and it's never failed me so far.

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Curly ended up with no memory BECAUSE of her and Quote's battle with Miakid. Bump on the head, badly damaged, lost the fight ect.
She doesn't explictly state what happened to her to lose her memory, so maybe you're right; maybe you're not. It would be a simple explanation, but it doesn't mean it is the correct one.
"I faced him and tried my best-
to defeat him.
You were with me then.

That's all I can remember.

The crown bearer was-
surely injured by both our-
attacks that time.

How about you?
Can you recall something?
Anything?"

*Their* memory loss is one of the big mysteries the game, so simply claiming
nothing in particular happened
to both of them during this gap is presumptuous without evidence. And we don't even know if she would recover memories that have been removed entirely. IE, if someone attempted to fix them, by removing a damaged chip or part of their brain*.
*Knowing nothing about how they store memories.

@minerguy667 - Didn't something like that happen in Kaeso's Curly Story?

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Based Member
She doesn't explictly state what happened to her to lose her memory, so maybe you're right; maybe you're not. It would be a simple explanation, but it doesn't mean it is the correct one.
"I faced him and tried my best-
to defeat him.
You were with me then.

That's all I can remember.

The crown bearer was-
surely injured by both our-
attacks that time.

How about you?
Can you recall something?
Anything?"

*Their* memory loss is one of the big mysteries the game, so simply claiming
nothing in particular happened
to both of them during this gap is presumptuous without evidence. And we don't even know if she would recover memories that have been removed entirely. IE, if someone attempted to fix them, by removing a damaged chip or part of their brain*.
*Knowing nothing about how they store memories.
I kind of agree with the whole notion that they were knocked unconscious by Miakid, and that's why they lost their memories. As for how the two robots got separated, I have a theory as to how that happens that I don't feel like disclosing right now.

No exactly. In Curly Brace's Story, Curly wakes up in the Sand Zone, goes to a Cave, battles the enraged father who wasn't actually hurting his kids, and does not lose her memory of the incident.

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:16 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I have this really cool razor you should check out, I use it all the time and it's never failed me so far.
Whenever in go in the theories section, I think of Occam's Razor. Also, my theory is not most simple and obvious. That would be"She hit her head on a wall" or something.
Never played it, didn't even go to the thread.

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I've been thinking about the issue with both Quote and Curly losing their memories, presumably from a common cause yet waking up in different places.
Could it be that, being robots, the memory loss was not instantaneous? Consider the ending of 2001 A Space Odyssey, with the computer being perfectly aware that he's gradually losing memories and the ability for more complex thoughts.
The memory loss could have happened in a similar way until it became so severe that their system shut down to patch it up before they lost knowledge of how to speak and move around.

...of course seeing as Curly regains her memory by eating a mushroom this might just be a load of bull. But I figured I'd type it down for your consideration.

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:10 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Oh wow I forgot about this lol

Anyway Dunc, when I wanted one of your butt buddies to put you into place I didn't mean that guy, I wanted someone more respectable

Infact he's even worse than you.

Oh well guess it can't be helped, I still lol'd after reading over this so yeah.

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Based Member
So, I would like to be able to say that we have come to the conclusion that some other robot killed the Colons' mother, seeing as how the poll results show most people think that's what happened, as well as the fact that it simply seems to be common sense.
Still though, there is the NICALiS translation...

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
So, I would like to be able to say that we have come to the conclusion that some other robot killed the Colons' mother, seeing as how the poll results show most people think that's what happened, as well as the fact that it simply seems to be common sense.
Still though, there is the NICALiS translation...
I'd say that it's intentionally been left up in the air, even in the Nicalis translation.

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Yup, I agree with GIR.

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM
gotta go with Dunc here.
From what I've seen of Pixel's games before, he more often than not does stuff for a reason.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I think the mother and the father werent die
Yes, The survace cam to avange and the colon's (the whole Famyli)were wanting
to escape.But, they (The mother and the father, the colon'swere waitingin a cave)
were on the rand of the island and then, the wind bloes them away...
one of the colons jumped to the parents and the other jumped too.
the father, Santer and the mother, Chaco were holding hands and were comming to
bushland, but they cannot remind...
the colon's were thinking the parents die and lived in sandzone...
later came Curly and then...
play the game for this informatinos... :cool:
only a theory