Who else has a habit of starting another project before finishing your others?

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:42 PM
"Huzzah!"
Here's what I have:
2 Cave Story mods, 1 Rpg Maker 2 Game, 2 Rpg Maker 3 Games, and A Super Metroid mod I sort of abandoned. (It was never really started, just a bunch of ideas)
Do you have a habit of starting more when you aren't finished with your others?
How many projects do you have?
I really don't have time for all of the projects I have. :(

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:44 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Welp -

-Earthbound in RPG Maker
-Earthbound Zero in RPG Maker
-4 Cave Story Mods
-2 Sonic 1 Disassemblies

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Jan 26, 2015 at 12:27 AM
scrungy
knuckles5577 said:
Maybe a better question is: Who is more organized and has few projects?
I organize files and have zero projects
Does that count?

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:07 AM
"Huzzah!"
Aar said:
I organize files and have zero projects
Does that count?
That sort of counts. My files are a bit all over the place on my computer and
I seem to lose them alot.
Let me get this right: You aren't working on any mods, big artwork projects, or any sort of hacking projects at all?

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:15 AM
2dbro
-bagillion leftover CS mods
but to list a few...
*tennis racket (maybe has comeback who knows)
*contra story (good idea bad modder)
*lucas (almost)
*engrish story (maybe soon)
*halloween (didn't feel like it)
*robot shitty (lolnever)
*the legend of zelda shitty (decent try)
*nsfw, deleted (wat)
*lost island the cavernous descent (boring)

-cave story in RPG Maker (what)
-earthbound text adventure
-random generic text adventure

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:39 AM
scrungy
knuckles5577 said:
Let me get this right: You aren't working on any mods, big artwork projects, or any sort of hacking projects at all?
nope

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:17 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm the worst at this.
What I'm currently working on:
- Main Project: Carnage Clash
- Side Distraction: Enthology: Lost Chapters
- Secret Project in Collaboration with Blink

The Mods I've worked on that won't be released in their intended form:
- Dimensional Eradicating Accumulative of Triarchy Heroes (D.E.A.T.H.) [Reworked into Enthology]
- Operation Giant_Curly_Final_Boss [Reworked-ish into Carnage Clash]
- Thine Finale [Was kind of put into Cavern Tale already]
- Quote's Revelation [What was done is reworked into Enthology, the rest of the ideas are sadly gone forever probably]
- Evac Yrots [Barely Started, ended up doing Cave(NoStory) instead.]
- MALOC Special [Reworked into Carnage Clash]
- DoR2 edit: Fractured Hope [Reworked-ish into Carnage Clash, see this for Blink's playthrough]
- Project "MPVW" [A Collaboration with Blink, we never made past the first hub town, BLink put a lot of work into it though.]
- Humanities story [Don't ask, you won't get answers.]
- Probably a few others I don't remember.

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:48 AM
"Huzzah!"
EnlightenedOne said:
I'm the worst at this.
What I'm currently working on:
- Main Project: Carnage Clash
- Side Distraction: Enthology: Lost Chapters

The Mods I've worked on that won't be released in their intended form:
- Dimensional Eradicating Accumulative of Triarchy Heroes (D.E.A.T.H.) [Reworked into Enthology]
- Operation Giant_Curly_Final_Boss [Reworked-ish into Carnage Clash]
- Thine Finale [Was kind of put into Cavern Tale already]
- Quote's Revelation [What was done is reworked into Enthology, the rest of the ideas are sadly gone forever probably]
- Evac Yrots [Barely Started, ended up doing Cave(NoStory) instead.]
- MALOC Special [Reworked into Carnage Clash]
- DoR2 edit: Fractured Hope [Reworked-ish into Carnage Clash, see this for Blink's playthrough]
- Project "MPVW" [A Collaboration with Blink, we never made past the first hub town, BLink put a lot of work into it though.]
- Probably a few others I don't remember.
Wow... o_o Yeah you're probably the worst.

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:03 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
well uh
i have to finish

-Gentleman's Night Out
-REVERSE_ESREVER

and i kinda postponed on

-SSR/HEWATU
-Testtsettesttset.mod
-penguin.mod
)don't ask about any of them(

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:43 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I have tons of made up stories in my head. The thing is, I've never sat down and written a single one of them. The only stories I've written in sort-of recent memory are only a few pages long, and they aren't really that good anyways since I was in like 4th or 5th grade when I wrote them. One was about some chick who was getting married, and from my recollection she had to go through the woods (on foot, which made no sense) to get to her wedding. She ended up meeting face to face with Slender man, and long story short they ended up banging and having a half human kid or something with no face.

Yeah, that's definitely not something I'm proud of. Anyways what happens is I'll be obsessed with one of my stories and I'll work on building it up until I suddenly get an idea for a different one and start obsessing over that. Also, I'll be making even more stories in the meantime and I end up completely forgetting about the older ones I was working on before.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:34 AM
"Huzzah!"
Shadowcat said:
I have tons of made up stories in my head. The thing is, I've never sat down and written a single one of them. The only stories I've written in sort-of recent memory are only a few pages long, and they aren't really that good anyways since I was in like 4th or 5th grade when I wrote them. One was about some chick who was getting married, and from my recollection she had to go through the woods (on foot, which made no sense) to get to her wedding. She ended up meeting face to face with Slender man, and long story short they ended up banging and having a half human kid or something with no face.

Yeah, that's definitely not something I'm proud of. Anyways what happens is I'll be obsessed with one of my stories and I'll work on building it up until I suddenly get an idea for a different one and start obsessing over that. Also, I'll be making even more stories in the meantime and I end up completely forgetting about the older ones I was working on before.
Wow... That's kinda like me. I get ideas all the time. I actually have ideas for a million games in my head. Some stupid, Some amazing. That's why I want to become a video game maker. Like working for nintendo or something.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:23 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Shadowcat said:

You just summed up my life. It's sad indeed. I had an idea for CS mod, an FPS trilogy, open world 2d plstformer. The list can just go one, and on, and on…… I still dream that I can became game maker and make those stories too. So far I just made 2 level with a level editor and that's it. As shadowcat said I'm not proud and hate myself for that. I am trying to make myself learn flash to make something but I'm just trying for now. T_T

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:37 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Woah woah it's alright, take your time. Game development is hard shit and if you're planning on doing every component for your game then I commend you, but it will be difficult. Instead of hating yourself for not being as good as you want to be, just take it slow and work to improve at a pace that's right for you.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:47 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
Were't these one in the same?

Also fractured hope haha.

Anything I have abandoned would include digital art,
A Sonic 1 dissembly
1 or 2 Cave Story concepts that never even saw Boosters Lab. [Random Cave generator, and A prequel about Jenka and Ballos]

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:12 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think people have a poor habit of underestimating the actual amount of work it takes to make a game, and/or specific parts of games.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:38 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Doors said:
Woah woah it's alright, take your time. Game development is hard shit and if you're planning on doing every component for your game then I commend you, but it will be difficult. Instead of hating yourself for not being as good as you want to be, just take it slow and work to improve at a pace that's right for you.
I'll have this in mind. Thanks.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:35 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
EnlightenedOne said:
Do I smell a possible Dark Souls reference?
Then again, I'm not going to get an answer, so I guess it's just speculation for now.