• Sue

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • King and Toroko

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Sep 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
dooey100 said:
I vote king, toroko, and Curly. One of the most emotional parts of the game was when Curly died in the easy path, and I think that taking that out removes a lot of the feeling in the game. Especially how she sacrificed herself to save Quote. I don't think I've ever felt as sad during a video game, and only once or twice during a book. (Bridge to Terabithia comes to mind)

Also, I don't like the way Toroko and King died right away, one after another. I think king should die at a different time, or possibly not die at all.

Also, I'm detecting a noticeable lack of booster on that list.
I know. I played through the game on the normal ending and It thought it was sad. I played through on the good ending and realized it was better that way. Toroko's death was absolutely pitiful. Not only is she probably my least favorite character, but she tries to kill you. That makes me feel no simpathy towards her death. Also, I liked King more, so I really cared about his death and blew off Toroko's. They should have spaced that more, but I like how King died trying to protect Toroko, no matter how much I dislike her. (BTW, does anyone ever accidentally call Toroko a he, or is it just me?) I voted Toroko and King.

How was Toroko's death a major turning point? It didn't seem all that necessary to me. Granted, yes, it added to the sacrifice of the story, but she could've lived and not made a lot of difference. She could've been kidnapped by the Doctor like everyone else.

Nobody's perfect. I don't blame him for forgetting Booster. His death was pathetic. Especially since it screws you over for not being able to get to Hell.

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:56 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
I know. I played through the game on the normal ending and It thought it was sad. I played through on the good ending and realized it was better that way. Toroko's death was absolutely pitiful. Not only is she probably my least favorite character, but she tries to kill you. That makes me feel no simpathy towards her death. Also, I liked King more, so I really cared about his death and blew off Toroko's. They should have spaced that more, but I like how King died trying to protect Toroko, no matter how much I dislike her. (BTW, does anyone ever accidentally call Toroko a he, or is it just me?) I voted Toroko and King.

How was Toroko's death a major turning point? It didn't seem all that necessary to me. Granted, yes, it added to the sacrifice of the story, but she could've lived and not made a lot of difference. She could've been kidnapped by the Doctor like everyone else.

Nobody's perfect. I don't blame him for forgetting Booster. His death was pathetic. Especially since it screws you over for not being able to get to Hell.
Toroko attacks you because, if you don't know that, the red flowers remove all the self-control their users have. It's like "I'm so hungry I don't care what I eat", only more like "I'm so pissed off I don't care what I kill". And she was forced into eating one, mind you.

Toroko and King's deaths are a clear message that the situation is grim. There's no joking anymore, now it's serious business. You know, you have to kill a major character onscreen to have drama.

And, by the way, you misspelled "sympathy".

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:27 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
T-Jack said:
Toroko attacks you because, if you don't know that, the red flowers remove all the self-control their users have. It's like "I'm so hungry I don't care what I eat", only more like "I'm so pissed off I don't care what I kill". And she was forced into eating one, mind you.

Toroko and King's deaths are a clear message that the situation is grim. There's no joking anymore, now it's serious business. You know, you have to kill a major character onscreen to have drama.
but wait
y did sue live then?

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:30 AM
In front of a computer
Because Pixel decided she would? I guess he needed someone to urge Quote to flee.

Sep 22, 2008 at 2:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Celtic Minstrel said:
Because Pixel decided she would? I guess he needed someone to urge Quote to flee.
This should help answer your question:
andwhyisit said:
wedge of cheese said:
A few more unanswered questions:

1. How do we know the Doctor is actually dead after Undead Core fight? When we killed his natural body, he survived by magic of the red crystal. Why should his possessed body (the core) be any different?

2. Why does the island stop falling when Ballos dies? According to Curly, it's because the "negative energy" was weakened. So, it was negative energy that was causing the island to fall? Huh, that's funny, I thought it was gravity. So, by defeating Ballos, we also defeated gravity? Rriiiiiigghhht...
The theory is that the red flowers, the crown, etc. are all affected by a combination of Ballos' magic and insanity, when Ballos was defeated then the red flowers would most likely have become normal flowers and the magic keeping the doctor alive would die.

Though when the core was defeated, I believe that Ballos drew his power back from the crown bearer (killing him in the process) in order to fight his sister's (Jenka's) magic and drive the island into the ground. As such when you fight Ballos his powers are mostly devoted to bringing down the island.

One answer for two questions. :rolleyes:
All frenzied Mimiga would have returned to normal after core died.

Sep 22, 2008 at 3:41 PM
This Troper
Ragamuffin said:
but wait
y did sue live then?
You mean after Quote destroyed the Core? Well, I always thought it was because of the Crystal. You see, there were quite a lot of Mimigas frenzied by the flowers. Every one died after Quote killed them. Then there are Sue and Misery. Both were influenced by the Crystal and survived. I suppose the Crystal made its victims far more durable. So why did the Doctor die? I said durable, not indestructible. You defeated him thrice, and for the third time he was a ghost inside the Undead Core. Maybe he could stand being shot, but explosion finished him off. Or there is that "Ballos sucked his life after the crown was destroyed" thing. Your call.

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:48 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Or there is that "Ballos sucked his life after the crown was destroyed" thing.
Uh... I think you misinterpreted.

I meant that if Ballos drew his power away from the red crystal, red flowers, demon crown, etc and to himself, then the doctor would die without the red crystal's (Ballos') power to keep him alive and the frenzied mimigas would revert after the red flowers' influence is gone. Naturally Ballos would draw his power back and focus it on destroying his prison (the island) when the opportunity presented itself (core dying).

So Ballos didn't suck his life, just took away the very thing keeping him alive.

Sep 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Uh... I think you misinterpreted.

I meant that if Ballos drew his power away from the red crystal, red flowers, demon crown, etc and to himself, then the doctor would die without the red crystal's (Ballos') power to keep him alive and the frenzied mimigas would revert after the red flowers' influence is gone. Naturally Ballos would draw his power back and focus it on destroying his prison (the island) when the opportunity presented itself (core dying).

So Ballos didn't suck his life, just took away the very thing keeping him alive.
Yeah, it looks I did.

Well, this way it works too. Misery and Sue don't die because, unlike Date, their lives don't depend on the Crystal's power only. In the fight, either you knock them out, or they simply revert to their original state as Ballos undoes (or takes back) the Red Power.

Sep 23, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Misery and Sue don't die because, unlike Date, their lives don't depend on the Crystal's power only. In the fight, either you knock them out, or they simply revert to their original state as Ballos undoes (or takes back) the Red Power.
Pretty much.

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:00 AM
T-Jack said:

And, by the way, you misspelled "sympathy".
She attacked you in the shack too. I don't care about why she did it, maybe if she wasn't so hard, I would have felt more sympathy for her. Monster X was easier IMO. Kings death was... quick. Curly's was quicker, but that's why it had wsuch and effect. You had to stop and think about what you did.
Idk why, but when you said "serious business" I lol'd.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM
This Troper
Lvl. 3 Blade said:
She attacked you in the shack too. I don't care about why she did it, maybe if she wasn't so hard, I would have felt more sympathy for her. Monster X was easier IMO. Kings death was... quick. Curly's was quicker, but that's why it had wsuch and effect. You had to stop and think about what you did.
Idk why, but when you said "serious business" I lol'd.
Quote has a gun. Toroko doesn't want to be kidnapped. You do the math.

Following your logic, we'd have to assume that Curly is bad too - she attacks you in a shack. These two situations are virtually the same. They both see Quote for the first time and have a reason to assume that he's a bad guy, be it his "robot-ness" or his rather unusual way to enter the village. Also, he's armed (and dangerous).

The Toroko bossfight is pain in the ass, that's true. It's hard to win, and the reward (in the form of being thrown into the Labyrinth) is pretty unsatisfactory. At least King gives you the Blade.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
All the girls die so Quote has no one to lay.

Quote commits suicide.

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:57 PM
I say all of them, cuz really, what's the fucking point of making this movie?

It's dead as it is.

So really, they're all already dead for this plot.

Oct 14, 2008 at 12:30 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
BOOSTER DIES? IDK, I kind of ignored him when he fell off that cliff. He died?

Oh yeah, not on heli.

MY F1RST POST!!!!!

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
GearStrike said:

It's dead as it is.

Did you say that just to start an argument, or did you just feel like throwing an insult out there to everyone who has contributed to this?

Oct 14, 2008 at 3:00 AM
In front of a computer
PunxsatownyPhil said:
BOOSTER DIES? IDK, I kind of ignored him when he fell off that cliff. He died?
Maybe. If you get the Booster v0.8 from him, he dies. Otherwise... no-one knows.

Oct 14, 2008 at 3:05 AM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
GearStrike said:

It's dead as it is.

The 'fucking' point in making this movie is an exercise in writing for me, and if I ever finish the script, an exercise in movie production.

You sound like the folks on the LiveJournal.

Please don't insult Atravir's and my hard work.