What is your favorite Character on Cave Story?

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:28 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well. My favorite character in design is Quote, I like its design.
And in personality Curly because I like its personality, whats your favorite character?

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:30 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Midorin, because Hoppy is too full of itself

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:33 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Apr 16, 2014 at 12:43 AM
War criminal
Maucho13 said:
Well. My favorite character in design is Quote, I like its design.
And in personality Curly because I like its personality, whats your favorite character?
Bleh, referring them as non-gender.

I think my favorite character in Cave Story is probably Sue. Though my waifu is Curly Brace. She's too stronk to face Igor.

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:45 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I personally thought all the characters in Cave Story were very one dimensional and had no real character development or personality to them, to the point that I didn't really care about most of them. So yeah, no one. Also, this thread probably already exists. Pretty much the only character who has any type of personality is Curly, and she barely has any.

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:55 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
My favorite character is probably Sky Dragon, because no reason really..

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I'm surprised that we are six posts in and no-one has mentioned Kanpachi, Chinfish or Chako yet. Truly a miracle.

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
santa

because he's the only one in the game who has the balls to have a deathtrap in his own home and show it off front and center, and even have a sign as well.

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:42 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
CookedChef said:
because he's the only one in the game who has the balls to have a deathtrap in his own home and show it off front and center, and even have a sign as well.
Ornamental deathtraps are the best kind.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:26 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
No, no, he said "on Cave Story", v is in Cave Story. Me, I personally prefer the moon in the background of the rereleases, on top of the y, although I do like the gray pixel on the o in the original.

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:49 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Shopkeeper Gaudi for best character.

Apr 16, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
PolarStarGames said:
Shopkeeper Gaudi for best character.
His name is Chaba. Just FYI.

Apr 16, 2014 at 7:20 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
I personally thought all the characters in Cave Story were very one dimensional and had no real character development or personality to them, to the point that I didn't really care about most of them. So yeah, no one. Also, this thread probably already exists. Pretty much the only character who has any type of personality is Curly, and she barely has any.
Noooo
Some of them are very flat, but characters like Misery and King at least have some kind of backstory to them. I guess that's what happens when you overanalyze things since there wasn't that much story in CS to begin with, not that was a bad thing mind you.
And this might be just a tad irrelevant, but what the hell happened to Curly's martini shack in the end? She just left it there.

As for my fav character... I'd pick Malco. He's the most pitiable and funniest character in the game for me.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Been here way too long...
My favourite characters are Misery and King. No sarcasm here.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:57 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Most favorite is probably Jack, but King trails right behind him. Beside those two, I'd probably go with Santa or Kanpachi.

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Based Member
My favorite character is Quote. I already said this a while back in a different thread, but I guess I'll copy and paste what I wrote there, because that post got buried beneath a bunch of spam posts and was eventually moved to the SPOT.

Quote is my favorite character because he's very unique. He is a machine taking the form of a human, but he is so well-built and well-programmed to the point of convincing some people that he is one. Yet he possesses greater physicality than that of any human, and can endure far more damage, easily recovering from falling from heights that would easily kill a human. What I really like about Quote is that Pixel has allowed us to fill him with our own character. And since I can fill those "....."s with my own dialogue, I can make him the person I'd see as the perfect child.

I see Quote as a calm, wise, intelligent, yet caring and loving robot, with astounding courage when it is required, and more years of experience in the world than his build would lead you to believe. Generally liking a quiet environment, and having hatred for injustice which burns with the heat of a thousand suns. All this would be an anomaly to anyone, as they would never expect such maturity from a little boy who looks like he can't possibly be any older than eleven (more likely ten).

In my mind, Quote is the epitome of kindness, cleverness, and valor, which, all packaged into a prepubescent body, brings all the more joy to everyone else, since seeing such passion in young children generally brings joy to people.

That's why Quote is my favorite character in Cave Story.

Apr 17, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
I like Blargo, Misery, Cthulu, and Mahin. I can't really pick a specific one.

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:45 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
My favorite character is king post sand-zone. Because after sand-zone, kings spirit inhabits the blade. So this way, the blade counts as a character.

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I could have sworn I've seen a thread like this before: this one? But I guess the last post was over five years old, so...

I'm not really sure what my favourite character is. Not a lot of Cave Story characters have a lot of depth to them. Of course there's Quote, but he is the main character. It's obvious that he probably is the most in depth of a Cave Story character there is.

My favourite character is Toroko; she appears in the game alongside Quote for such a brief moment before her ultimate fate, yet I still felt awful when I had to proceed to kill her. She seemed so young and innocent, it makes me wish I could have seen more of her character and maybe more detail about her relationship with Sue, King and Arthur and when things started to transition.

Robosnakejr said:
My favorite character is king post sand-zone. Because after sand-zone, kings spirit inhabits the blade. So this way, the blade counts as a character.
Interesting approach, but wouldn't that only apply for its level 3 form?