What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Alright, before you guys go insane and start thinking that I'm going to mod again, most likely Broxxus or whatever, that's partly true. I'm not working on Broxxus anymore, neither for Path Of Ruin. In fact, I'm not even working by myself. A friend of mine has gotten interested in Cave Story modding, so I'm willing to work with him. He wouldn't mind if I put the mod on the forums, so yeah, be on the lookout for that.

So on this thread, you guys can figure out what me and my friend are going to make together. It can be anything, but it would most likely have nothing to do with Cavestory at all. :muscledoc:

May 10, 2011 at 10:37 PM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
An amazing space adventure involving three robotic velociraptors who find earth and take over its meatwater industry in return for all the riches in the universe.

May 11, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
Make a mod based on: mgs,1,2,3,4,boktai/lunar knights,metroid or just make a random mod with a different mychar (Raiden if you could) and add an extra little storyline and some edits if you wish.

May 11, 2011 at 1:38 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A mod about how sexy-tastic you are, no doubt.

May 11, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Re: What isn't this?

Make a mod with one medium/small map, and make it as best you can.
It should be one long boss fight, with respawning enemies.
Ammo should be limited, and can only be recovered at some sort of station that is dangerous to reach.

May 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I might play it, just make something awesome for us m8. With some major downtime a fun game would be relaxing. And idc anymore what Pixiesan thinks on moddin` anymoar.

Yes I went there.

May 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
A mod where you have semi-amnesia and have this dude following around but then it turns out he wasn't real and you were just imagining him because you and that dude had your bodies combined.

May 11, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Assistance
WoodenRat said:
A mod where you have semi-amnesia and have this dude following around but then it turns out he wasn't real and you were just imagining him because you and that dude had your bodies combined.

Sexy idea. We're using it.

May 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Ralren said:
It's been decided. The game is named:

Super Awesome Quest GOLD Turbo HD REMIX Platinum editor's choice edition

That would have been the best name.
Ever.

May 11, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Ollie said:
That would have been the best name.
Ever.

I hope it's uncut

May 11, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I hope it's Extreme (or Xtreme)

May 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Safusaka said:
An amazing space adventure involving three robotic velociraptors who find earth and take over its meatwater industry in return for all the riches in the universe.
By god this needs to be done. I wanna play as a raptor.

May 12, 2011 at 8:41 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
cultr1 said:
A mod about how sexy-tastic you are, no doubt.

I like this idea.

Velociraptors aren't bad either though

May 12, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Been here way too long...
Whatabout a mod where instead of controlling one character, you control like a swarm or hivemind. of velociraptors, of course. with jetpacks. and guns.

they could have creeper stalkers too.

May 12, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Lace said:
Whatabout a mod where instead of controlling one character, you control like a swarm or hivemind. of velociraptors, of course. with jetpacks. and guns.

they could have creeper stalkers too.
Hivemind sounds.. well.. complicated...

May 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Assistance
Unfortunately, it's not going to be too much of a ridiculous mod afterall. The name will be exaggerated and ridiculous, though. This song may be fitting towards this long description of the upcoming mod, it's also helped me inspire the idea of making this mod surreal, I just fucking love Aphex Twin.

Teterraro is what it is. It's a mod based off of a dream, but in reality. This mod is somewhat of a.. promotional thing for a planned.. project? O:

Teterraro has no story, or plot. It's just mindless hardcore havoc. Consider it a hell mod, but with traps, bosses, etc. There are "classes" that can be chosen in Teterraro, each one having a special unique weapon.

In the beginning, you play as a soul from where-ever, located in this.. lovely, heavenly world of blissful dreams. Clouds reach into the high buildings, fogging the sparkling hallways, crystals spread down the floors up to the ceilings.. You feel like you're at home, safe.. shrouded in comfort and relaxation.

Statues of glowing bodies are in the next room, staring straight back at you, with emotionless eyes.. You choose a statue, and merge your wispy body within it, causing you to live and breathe as that figure. Each statue is a class, and once chosen, you cannot go back and choose another. You're stuck with him/her.

As you progress through the mod, environments slowly drift into insanity, nightmarish abominations dwelling beneath the world.. It's like descending into hell from the skies above. (I'm not christian, but I like the concept of heaven and hell, it's interesting.)

You see flashes of nightmarish visions.. Will you be able to turn this hellish dreamworld the same way the heavenly dreamworld is? Teterraro knows the answer. Teterraro is who you are, Teterraro is the entire world of this mod.. Teterraro is your enemy, or is it your friend? Dreams are confusing.. You will never understand Teterraro.

Since these are dreams all merged in one world.. It will contain obscure images.. I'm willing to be using all of these ideas that the community brought up, and contribute them into the mod. Expect to see Teterraro this summer, not only this is a promotional mod for a planned upcoming project, but It's also for the celebration of Ralren's anniversary! I've been here for a good 2 years.. It seems like it was only yesterday..

Here's a sample of the main character sprite, It's the soul.

diph.php

EQUINOX "HEAVEN" - REALM OF BLISSFUL, LUCID DREAMS --

The realm of comfort, light, and clouds.. Crystals. Lucid dreaming ensues, as the whole world moves dynamically, nothing will ever be the same.. Once you leave a map, and you come back, the entire map will not look the same. Equinox is the embodiment of life and perfection.. The beautiful feeling of the ocean breeze sways upon the realm, leaving wonderful chimes and ambiance.. Teterraro told me.. and I never forgot.

ILLIRIUMER "BALANCE" - REALM OF DREAMS --

I do not remember such a dream, Teterraro.. Hm, Teterraro will never tell us unless we experience such a place ourselves, it seems..

WRATH "HELL" - REALM OF NIGHTMARES --

Teterraro will never speak of Nightmares.. It hates us all, that's all we know from Teterraro.

May 14, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Dude make sure there's some split personalities involved or something similar to that it makes the player truly ponder what is real and what isn't.

May 14, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Assistance
WoodenRat said:
Dude make sure there's some split personalities involved or something similar to that it makes the player truly ponder what is real and what isn't.

Absolutely. We want the player to ponder about the whole entire thing, in general. What we want to do, is to get the player sucked into the experience, greeting him/her into this completely unique world of infinite mysteries and dreams.

You will think that the whole mod itself is just fictional, since it's all a mishmash of dreams, but who knows..? ;)

May 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM
Been here way too long...
Ralren said:
It's also for the celebration of Ralren's anniversary!
Aw, thought you were married there for a second.

Anyways, this sounds both awesome and very awesome, so i wish you (and your friend?) luck on it. Any ideas on an eta or whatnot?

Status
Not open for further replies.