What has been peoples experiences with co op?

Mar 20, 2021 at 6:17 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Me personally I've had a lot of fun playing through one of my fav games with my roommate. She's been having a lot of fun and loving how surprisingly dark the story has gotten, and also flabbergasted at the difficulty of Hell and some of the challenge levels.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else has had any interesting or nice experience play CS Switch with loved ones since it came out.

Mar 20, 2021 at 6:39 AM
"Huzzah!"
i played a bit on and off with a friend and it was... okay. he was a first time player so we had a lot of trouble with the bosses and their increased health, but otherwise enjoyable enough. worst area by far was the waterway, the camera couldn't keep up with the currents so when one of us inevitably fell in, they'd get dragged along and not have the reaction time to jump over spikes.
like, for a single screen co-op conversion of a singleplayer game it's fine enough, but i wish they'd built some challenges to take advantage of co-op instead of just the storymode also P1 should've been able to change their skin.

Mar 22, 2021 at 12:16 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Mine was pretty funny, just watching me and my bother died 10-15 time to the core because water sucks and it was entertaining and playing with first time players and teaching them how to not suck is fun, and now every weekend I do 2 full playthroughs of CS+ with or without people. Still it was funny watching my brothers reaction of wind fortress.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 7:43 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I thought it was actually pretty fun. Me and my best friend played it together and made it all the way to Last Cave, and it was great. I wish they fixed some stuff and allowed the first player to change their skin, though. The potential for how they can improve multiplayer is great. Also, the fact that if the 2nd player dies, it's over for everyone, really sucks.

Best thing about it is that the second player shows up in the credits too, I thought that was cool.

May 17, 2021 at 5:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I played with my friend around 2 years ago on a bus during a field trip and it was fun. We started at the beginning and got to Monster-X before stopping. He kept dying over and over again at the part of the labyrinth with the vertically moving blocks and it was a disaster, but in a funny way.

Obviously Nicalis could have made coop a lot better though. The camera, inability for p1 to change skins, and the pacing of the game all sucked. For most people, it's probably only fun if you've played the game beforehand.