What do you prefer? Org Maker, PiyoPiyo, Pixtone, or Pxtone Collage?

Which of Pixel's music makers do you perfer?

• Total voters
Feb 19, 2016 at 2:55 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
As someone who uses many DAWs (Digital audio workstation) I was messing around with Org Maker 1/2 and Pxtone Collage (I haven't gotten around to using Pixtone), I was wondering what fans of Pixel's games prefer. So, I created this thread to get a public opinions. Also, if you want please state why you prefer the option you choose.

As for me, I currently prefer Org Maker 2 because I think it is easier to switch to different instruments, also I prefer Org Maker because of how it is easier to get files that you are working on. But, Pxtone Collage has more instrument options than Org Maker.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:57 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pixtone is the program used for making sound effects in Cave Story. I think you switched it with PiyoPiyo, the other music making software by Pixel.

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:08 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
That one, if I recall, asks if people prefer ORG or Pxtone, without PiyoPiyo. Although I haven't used PiyoPiyo myself, there probably is a good reason as to why I haven't really heard anyone who would pick it as their top choice compared to ORG or PxTone. But I'm all ears if there is one.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:30 AM
Assistance
Sampling with pxtone is a tasty bonus, but orgmakers interface is better imo. Orgmaker is probably one of the best music apps to start with for beginners too. It's got a great looking piano roll and it has a good variety of instruments to experiment with, but of course those can be used in pxtone too

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:35 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Pixtone is the program used for making sound effects in Cave Story. I think you switched it with PiyoPiyo, the other music making software by Pixel.
Oh, I'm sorry that I got that wrong . . . I'll add PiyoPiyo. (I haven't gotten around to using PiyoPiyo)

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:00 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Pxtone Collage has all the features that orgmaker has and more, so it wins hands down. I don't see why anyone would use the program that doesn't have key-sliding, detuning, and 64 or so (I forget the cap) instrument tracks that can be used at once. I've said it before and I'll say it again: you shouldn't be using orgmaker unless you're making a Cave Story mod.

Piyopiyo doesn't really have a decent editor that doesn't run in fullscreen, so its out of the race. And it also had a weird issue where, ingame, the playback speed is variable/not 100% constant. It has a neat instrument editor, though.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
There's also the issue where PiyoPiyo suffers from graphical issues under 32-bit display settings.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Stoned Member
I'm gonna say piyopiyo because you can use almost any waveform.