Welcome to America...

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:30 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
To make this more of an actual discussion I'm going to respond to coldcloppy as well
I'm sure it's because I'm 16 and I know NOTHING of politics, if I ever will, but currently this election really has been done my spine. I'm not sure if it's because I'm finally old enough to understand what's going on or what, but in my school, youtube, home, anywhere, there's always a sign or a person shoving their stupid opinion down my throat.
You have my sympathy dude, it must really suck over there at the moment (even more than usual) with so much blind animosity flying around on top of everything else people have to deal with, especially for you younger lot. It's already hard enough not to be constantly running into someone else's blatant agenda online, I know if I had nowhere to escape from it it'd drive me mad.

Possibly the worst part of it all is that, for all the outrage, it's looking as though barely anything will even change. Like Hillary or not, she's probably going to end up in a position similar to the one that Obama was in eight years ago, with a Democratic government and a Republican minority relentlessly trying to block anything the other side does, while spinning it up as her fault... except that unlike Obama, they already have 20+ years of experience targetting her, ever since she first tried to get universal health care passed in the 90's. Also unlike Obama, this election isn't coming off the back of an economic collapse in the face of abhorrent corporate excess combined with years of unpopular warmongering, after which he was still barely able to do anything and the country was more interested in his birth certificate than fixing what caused the recession in the first place.

I know this is the sort of thing that you're already tired of hearing, but I'm saying this because there's likely going to be a lot more angry partisan frustration to come yet, in the face of more government gridlock and endless smear campaigns. Things will probably die down somewhat between election day and the end of Obama's term next year, but I really don't see the national dialogue becoming any less toxic, or any improved direction it would take. The only consolation I can see is that even the most corrupt power-mongers probably don't want the country to devolve into a complete wreck and will instate a less exuberant figurehead in Trump's place. Otherwise, the country is too screwed up and there are too many people having too much fun acting like arseholes even at the cost of their own quality of life, and all as a result of shit that's been going on since before you (or I) were even born. All I can say is keep trying not to get yourself caught up in it, absorb some facts where you can so you aren't completely at a loss and maybe try to find others like you who really want to get away from it all. Decent folk are becoming an increasingly scarce resource, hanging onto a few might be the most important thing of all.

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:56 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I just wanna quickly throw my view on it;

I'm sure it's because I'm 16 and I know NOTHING of politics, if I ever will, but currently this election really has been done my spine. I'm not sure if it's because I'm finally old enough to understand what's going on or what, but in my school, youtube, home, anywhere, there's always a sign or a person shoving their stupid opinion down my throat. I get the whole idea of favoring someone to your side so their candidate can win and stuff, I get that, and it's nonetheless the only true way to garner support. But I can't even vote, and people in my classes shove the whole thing down my body and out of my rear. The way I see it, we're kinda screwed in some aspect no matter who wins, it's really a bad cake vs. a extremely bad cake, you're better off leaving the worse cake to your interpretation. And everyday whenever I go on youtube; Trump this, Hillary that. TV is an obvious one because it results in 12 trillion political ads being engraved into our skulls, I've just stopped watching TV all together until this crap passes over. And by the looks of it, it'll just escalate until November 8th rolls around when, and once we get our president (by this point I think Hillary is going to win but hey what do I know, I'm trying to be an independent here), it'll just be a few months of waiting and boom, world's on fire! If there's one thing I'm going to learn from this election is this; Once I can vote, I'm going to try and be an independent, I don't see the point personally in picking and side, I'd rather listen to both view points and decide from there. My dad says to be a republican, saying that they are people who "try and work hard to be successful" and "don't rely on the ****-ing government", then there's some of my friends and teachers who are like "you must be a democrat", "democrats rely on the government for protection of our rights, not for a closer violation of our rights!". Both sides just seem like dead ends, I'd rather be at a permanent crossroad than just be stuck on a dead end in the side of politics. The worst part is it'll just keep going until America dies, or we die first, and I hope it's the latter.

Both candidates are undeniably corrupt.
Hillary is running as a Democrat but she is 110% conservative. She just lies to people about being "liberal minded" so that she can gain votes.
Donald Trump is just not qualified for the job at all, and he's stirring up bad things such as racism, sexism and misogyny, and Islamophobia.

I honestly don't know why the media is so intent on supporting one candidate or the other (both suck), and I hate the idea of voting based on party lines. Personally, I believe that we need to be economically liberal (capitalism is a failed venture in its current form, it creates corporate greed and corruption) and socially moderate. People should be able to do what they want as long as it does not endanger the unalienable rights of other people (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness). That being said, one cannot define their own happiness as seeing others lose those unalienable rights, which would nullify the "gay people are infringing on my rights" bullcrap that people use.

You should at least know that the majority of America feels the way that you do: you're a moderate by definition. Caught between the two sides and fed up with both. Unfortunately, the majority of America is not represented in that we don't have a "moderate" candidate.

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Both candidates are undeniably corrupt.
Hillary is running as a Democrat but she is 110% conservative. She just lies to people about being "liberal minded" so that she can gain votes.
Donald Trump is just not qualified for the job at all, and he's stirring up bad things such as racism, sexism and misogyny, and Islamophobia.
Neither of these are examples of corruption. Just because Hillary is a lier and Trump is an idiot that doesn't make them corrupt. I am not arguing that they aren't, the entire system is corrupt, but you opened up your post with an unsubstantiated view and spent the rest of your post talking about something else.

I honestly don't know why the media is so intent on supporting one candidate or the other (both suck), and I hate the idea of voting based on party lines.
Because they don't expect anyone else to get anywhere.

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:07 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
QUOTE="SuperJaws100, post: 356223, member: 7173"]Both candidates are undeniably corrupt.

I honestly don't know why the media is so intent on supporting one candidate or the other (both suck), and I hate the idea of voting based on party lines. Personally, I believe that we need to be economically liberal (capitalism is a failed venture in its current form, it creates corporate greed and corruption) and socially moderate. People should be able to do what they want as long as it does not endanger the unalienable rights of other people (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness). That being said, one cannot define their own happiness as seeing others lose those unalienable rights, which would nullify the "gay people are infringing on my rights" bullcrap that people use.

You should at least know that the majority of America feels the way that you do: you're a moderate by definition. Caught between the two sides and fed up with both. Unfortunately, the majority of America is not represented in that we don't have a "moderate" candidate.[/QUOTE]
I agree with what you have to say @SuperJaws100, especially the last paragraph, I like your representation of my current position with the majority; caught between two sides and are fed up with both and would just want to have a candidate that appeals to both sides. I think Chowder says it best;
It's a debate of 2 people just about spatting crap at each other and by the way I see it, not trying to make significant change. I see Donald Trump as someone who tries to lean towards the people, but just gets caught up in his own world and ends up spilling publicity (for better or for worse). And Hillary wants to make America better sure, but with it comes with a lot of negatives, an example my family uses a lot is the fact she wants to bring 65,000 immigrants, I get the idea that's it the few spoiled ones that ruin the fruit basket, but I personally believe it's not worth the risk! And I hate that all because she's the secretary of state she can just bolt herself up with body guards while everyone else (us) down below suffer her actions with little to no consequences.
Also a quick note: I'm going to make a quick list of presidents from Kennedy (Seems like the first modern president really) up to Obama, so that's 10 presidents. (I'll do D for democrats and R for republican): DDRRDRRDRD, so that's 5 Democratic presidents and 5 Republican presidents; Assuming trump wins that's our 6th R, making it 11, and if Hillary wins; 6th D, making it 11. It's interesting to see how if we had Hillary win, that'll be 12 years of Democratic ideals, and if Trump wins, it'll be another 4 years of republicans Terra-forming the US back to their image. And it's weird to see how since the last 4 presidents, it's been 12s years both, whoever wins brings it to 16, and whoever wins in 2020 may break the cycle. Just a build up asking for a civil war to break out, isn't that how it started?! Two parties who had conflicting ideals went to war with each other? 620,000 died from it, our own people, it towers all the other wars Americans died in (not combined), it's just asking to have history repeat itself, now with more advance technology.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:12 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Government debt in America is over 100% of GDP and that both sides are promising more and more spending. This doesn't seem sustainable. It seems to me that this is kind of an important issue but it is never talked about.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2016 at 3:41 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I'm sure it's because I'm 16 and I know NOTHING of politics, if I ever will, but currently this election really has been done my spine. I'm not sure if it's because I'm finally old enough to understand what's going on or what, but in my school, youtube, home, anywhere, there's always a sign or a person shoving their stupid opinion down my throat.
I feel you. This is the first election I've actually been able to comprehend because I'm 14 now and CNN is on 24/7 in our house beyond my control so I constantly have to hear middle aged white people argue about politics. In my opinion, Both Hillary and Donald suck in their own unique ways. I'm very glad I'm not old enough to vote. People put the pressure on voting even if you don't want to. I mean I get why, people died to give people the right to vote. But damn this election just makes me uncomfortable.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Contributing to spammy posting (off-topic, lack of content, etc)

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2016 at 11:13 PM

This gave me polio-vaccine induced paralysis.

Government debt in America is over 100% of GDP and that both sides are promising more and more spending. This doesn't seem sustainable. It seems to me that this is kind of an important issue but it is never talked about.

@andwhyisit What country do you live in? Can I move there? This place is a sinking ship with too many holes for the people in Congress to plug up.

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:30 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Okay since Mr Midi up there is doing nothing but spam videos and act oddly not like a real person he can sit in the corner until after next week

@andwhyisit What country do you live in? Can I move there? This place is a sinking ship with too many holes for the people in Congress to plug up.
May I recommend Australia as an option?

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:45 AM
How did I miss that... now I feel silly.

To bring this train back on topic, who do you think is going to win the election (regardless of who you want to)? At this point it's probably Hillary.

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:45 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
I dread to see whoever is going to win, regardless it's going to be 4 years of potential collapse....Our political system has turned into a game of Russian roulette, we've dodged the bullet so far, but how much longer till it's the bullet that gets the last laugh.....

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I think whoever gets elected despite this insane election didn't get where they were today by being incompetent. We should give the victor his or her support and just keep a watchful eye on politics. At the very least, this election is stirring up a lot of interest and debate with the American people... (and hopefully I'm not being too naive lol)

@SuperJaws100
It could go either way I think if he gets battleground states like FL... Hillary had the advantage ever since Trump got the RNC nomination and continued to trip all over himself. She really is a superior politician and speaker in general. That said, I've put my money on Trump. I don't like her way of running things, not to mention some of her policies.

...Unfortunately I don't know enough about politics to make an educated guess if Hillary's cut-throat smiley face entourage is really what the country needs to run well. I mean maybe it's fair game to use all the advantages you can get to get ahead in this world. Trump apparently does it for his company with tax loopholes... Ergh...

This has been bothering me lol.
Down here in FL, we've been subjected to continuous anti-trump ads since, what... July?? Sound bites of all the horrible things he's said. Played over and over. And over and over. And over and over. Every single commercial break on some channels. andasndaoisdjaoisdjaois
Just HOW MUCH did Hillary('s supporters) SPEND on ads??? At least use the constant commercials to convey useful information besides out of context Trump mistakes... which is paired with images of shocked children and sad old people, OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVERVERVER. @_@;;;;;
(I wish the hundreds of millions spent on ads in FL would have gone to helping the state, demonstrating what kind of difference the candidates would actually make if they become president, instead of just spending huge amounts on propaganda...
I mean wtheckisthis. Well, I guess their campaign provides jobs for the people involved at least...?? Well it is unfair to judge without knowing all the ins and outs of why such an amount really is needed... but sounds silly.)

And also, long before that I used to watch Saturday Night Live and occasionally Late Night with Seth Myers. But their view is so terribly skewed to Hillary that I just got completely annoyed with their predictable constant berating of the candidate. ... Actually the amount of media skewed in her favor has been mind boggling this year once Trump was elected as RNC nominee...

... Though Trump hasn't done a lot to convince me he would be a better candidate with his debates. lol... "Wrong!" "I won that debate, all the polls agree..."
... Really, Mr. Trump? ... Stuff like that is absurd but, I've come to know what to expect from Trump and his on-the-fly exaggerations. I've liked his stances and business actions better than his words which leaves me somewhat uncomfortable... While the opposite goes for Hillary. I like to listen to her speeches, but don't like some of the things she does and what those around her do.
...Ergh attempting to read the situation is painful.....
*takes a break*
googles: empress palpatine clinton
p356236-0-ypmwfen.jpg

lol I knew it would exist... I love the internet
Sorry, random lol
Anyway... I guess we just want to expect people to be perfect robots with no past, with impeccable morales and flawless decision making capacity. Oh and they need to look and talk the part ;) Curly Brace 2016~

Well, in the end I'd like to believe either candidate will do the country proud... Despite how insane everyone has been over this election, not to mention the scandals for either of the two major party endorsed candidates... SOMEHOW we gotta move forward.

Well, I guess we'll see how it all plays out in a week from now.

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:32 PM
I think whoever gets elected despite this insane election didn't get where they were today by being incompetent. We should give the victor his or her support and just keep a watchful eye on politics. At the very least, this election is stirring up a lot of interest and debate with the American people... (and hopefully I'm not being too naive lol)

@SuperJaws100
It could go either way I think if he gets battleground states like FL... Hillary had the advantage ever since Trump got the RNC nomination and continued to trip all over himself. She really is a superior politician and speaker in general. That said, I've put my money on Trump. I don't like her way of running things, not to mention some of her policies.

...Unfortunately I don't know enough about politics to make an educated guess if Hillary's cut-throat smiley face entourage is really what the country needs to run well. I mean maybe it's fair game to use all the advantages you can get to get ahead in this world. Trump apparently does it for his company with tax loopholes... Ergh...

This has been bothering me lol.
Down here in FL, we've been subjected to continuous anti-trump ads since, what... July?? Sound bites of all the horrible things he's said. Played over and over. And over and over. And over and over. Every single commercial break on some channels. andasndaoisdjaoisdjaois
Just HOW MUCH did Hillary('s supporters) SPEND on ads??? At least use the constant commercials to convey useful information besides out of context Trump mistakes... which is paired with images of shocked children and sad old people, OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVERVERVER. @_@;;;;;
(I wish the hundreds of millions spent on ads in FL would have gone to helping the state, demonstrating what kind of difference the candidates would actually make if they become president, instead of just spending huge amounts on propaganda...
I mean wtheckisthis. Well, I guess their campaign provides jobs for the people involved at least...?? Well it is unfair to judge without knowing all the ins and outs of why such an amount really is needed... but sounds silly.)

And also, long before that I used to watch Saturday Night Live and occasionally Late Night with Seth Myers. But their view is so terribly skewed to Hillary that I just got completely annoyed with their predictable constant berating of the candidate. ... Actually the amount of media skewed in her favor has been mind boggling this year once Trump was elected as RNC nominee...

... Though Trump hasn't done a lot to convince me he would be a better candidate with his debates. lol... "Wrong!" "I won that debate, all the polls agree..."
... Really, Mr. Trump? ... Stuff like that is absurd but, I've come to know what to expect from Trump and his on-the-fly exaggerations. I've liked his stances and business actions better than his words which leaves me somewhat uncomfortable... While the opposite goes for Hillary. I like to listen to her speeches, but don't like some of the things she does and what those around her do.
...Ergh attempting to read the situation is painful.....
*takes a break*
googles: empress palpatine clinton
p356236-0-ypmwfen.jpg

lol I knew it would exist... I love the internet
Sorry, random lol
Anyway... I guess we just want to expect people to be perfect robots with no past, with impeccable morales and flawless decision making capacity. Oh and they need to look and talk the part ;) Curly Brace 2016~

Well, in the end I'd like to believe either candidate will do the country proud... Despite how insane everyone has been over this election, not to mention the scandals for either of the two major party endorsed candidates... SOMEHOW we gotta move forward.

Well, I guess we'll see how it all plays out in a week from now.

I think you might be somewhat naive (like you said) if you think any of the last few presidents have done this country proud, never mind the next one, whoever it is. Trump will make us a laughing stock and send us back to the 1950s and the segregation mentality, while Hillary will run us into the ground economically and socially.

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:39 PM
thinks dogs are cool
I think you might be somewhat naive (like you said) if you think any of the last few presidents have done this country proud,
i'd like to hear an entire essay on why this is true because as far as i know obama is/was actually one of the best presidents ever

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:02 AM
i'd like to hear an entire essay on why this is true because as far as i know obama is/was actually one of the best presidents ever

Are you KIDDING? His "crowning achievement", Obamacare, is garbage. The only thing it did was force people to buy health insurance. There weren't any government assistance programs for paying for it, there were no benefits to the new deal, you just had to have it. My parents didn't have health insurance because they couldn't afford it. Just telling them they had to have it didn't make it any more affordable. This is what I hate about some people - they don't realize that some people can't afford things that they consider to be a given. My parents can't use the health insurance they now have because the deductible is so high that we'd be forced to skip mortgage payments to pay for it, and that's not an option. And because they missed the deadline for it by ONE DAY, they were fine $1,000 for not having it. My family's finances are stretched thinner than they ever have been before with the addition of the monthly premiums and IRS payments, and it makes it even less likely for us to climb our way out of our financial situation since we have no money left over to put into savings now. Obamacare could've been great, but Obama and Congress caved to the Insurance companies and removed the public health care option that was originally included in the Obamacare plan.

Not only that but Obama continues to push Affirmative Action and his immigration laws are trash. When our A/C broke, my father had to immediately go searching for a way to get it fixed. My sister has heat induced migraines that can make her very sick, sometimes near hospitalization. It was mid-July so it was VERY hot, and we HAD to get the A/C fixed. My father contacted various financial aid services within the US government, and the first question they all asked was "Are you Hispanic or Latin American?" and when my father said no, they would tell him to provide his contact information and wait for his request to be reviewed (it was always denied). Just one time he tried saying that he was Latin American/Hispanic and the person on the other end didn't even hesitate to start providing him with information on immediate financial aid he could receive. My father hung up.

On the policy of immigration, Obama's immigration laws make it even easier to come to and stay in the United States illegally. Now, illegal immigrants have the same rights as citizens. When they go to a hospital or for financial help they can't be asked questions about their legality as citizens BY LAW. They are entitled to public school education and many other services and many of them do not pay taxes. I don't have a problem with letting people into the country, but there's a REASON that we have a naturalization process and a barrier to entry for people with criminal records in their home country, or for people with certain diseases that we've eliminated here and want to keep out.

Obama isn't as bad as Hillary or Trump will be, but he's one of the worst presidents we've had. He's no better than the rest of the modern presidents.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
This post is for anybody, but I'll start off by referring to the last one. pls to reading links

Obamacare could've been great, but Obama and Congress caved to the Insurance companies and removed the public health care option that was originally included in the Obamacare plan.
Interesting that you describe it this way, because following it at the time I remember an embittered years-long struggle against Republican stonewalling moreso than rolling over with zero resistance. This article, for instance, is more reminiscent of the process I watched unfold. Searching for it reminded me of the debt ceiling "crisis" as well, anyone else remember that embarrassingly transparent excuse for holding the government hostage because because the proposed budget included the weeniest high-bracket tax cut redress? I'll say again, this was after a fairly popular president had been elected, with little history to discredit him, at a time when right-wing credibility was at a serious low, and yet they were still able to drag out a phrase as cringe-worthy as "job creators" and have it influence the public pathetically easily. I get that you're frustrated, and that there are a lot of people in a similar boat to what you're in - but I really believe that nothing is capable of changing unless this pervasive, long-term underlying issue is dealt with first.

This is also not an issue that any other developed country has on quite the same level. The conservative propaganda machine in the the US so ingrained that by this point it's more akin to background noise, seeping to every crack it can find. Note that I say conservative in this context rather than Republican, as the actual party itself is presently more disorganised and directionless than it has been for a long time. Not that it matters outside of presidential elections; assuming Hillary wins, there will be a full strategy in place by the time she takes office. I don't know how anyone can be especially worried about what she'll do when DC will like be under lockdown before she even gets there, particularly when there's no reason the same techniques used previously won't continue working once Trump is out of the picture.

This in turn amounts to much more than stalling congress. In fact, here's an article that actually made be feel sorry for the Republican voter base, detailing how they've been manipulated for decades even beyond the obvious. (It's from the time of the last election and only superficially about Romney.) I wasn't exaggerating about background noise. Or, as a more brazen example, take gerrymandering seats for the House of Reps, where Republicans redrew the maps in 2010 - using fucking computers - to give them as many seats as possible, despite a nationwide Democratic majority. You can add to that vote caging and just about every trick in the book, no matter how minor the legislation in question. The distractions and change in tone over this election cycle will amount to nothing except a voter base that's even more easy to take advantage of.

I am not apologising for any of the failures of the Democrats, which actually do reflect a western trend of often incompetent or ineffective supposedly-centre-left political parties. Here's the thing though - the conservative machine doesn't stop every time the left screws up, and any ignorance of this is to its direct benefit. Saying both parties are equally bad helps Republicans. Blaming the president for every government decision helps Republicans. Apathy helps Republicans. Protest voting for supposedly more progressive parties (you probably don't want to vote for Gary Johnson + other classic conservative tactics) helps the Republicans, especially within the american electoral system. Widespread frustration and mistrust directed toward the government as a result of their own tactics benefits the frigging Republicans. Anything that can be used as a distraction, will be. While these tactics can continue, nothing is going to change, for either party. Even if demographic shifts eventually force them to change their tune, I've no doubt they'll be up to the task. They have this down to a science; the only solution I see holding any hope is to cut the problem off at the root.

If you don't want to vote for Hillary, fine. As I understand it, though, you also vote for the house and senate at the same time. You can write down Abe Lincoln or Charles Barkley or Polar✪ for all I care, just for goodness' sake please don't help give any more seats to Republicans where they can really cause damage. Maybe I'm way out of line considering this isn't even my election to have a say in, but frankly anyone who would vote Republican out of spite of a post like this was probably already well on that road to begin with. Social conservatism is a blight upon both society and the internet and if I can watch its demise within my lifetime I'll have far more optimism for the future (or what's left of it).

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:00 AM
This post is for anybody, but I'll start off by referring to the last one. pls to reading links

Interesting that you describe it this way, because following it at the time I remember an embittered years-long struggle against Republican stonewalling moreso than rolling over with zero resistance. This article, for instance, is more reminiscent of the process I watched unfold. Searching for it reminded me of the debt ceiling "crisis" as well, anyone else remember that embarrassingly transparent excuse for holding the government hostage because because the proposed budget included the weeniest high-bracket tax cut redress? I'll say again, this was after a fairly popular president had been elected, with little history to discredit him, at a time when right-wing credibility was at a serious low, and yet they were still able to drag out a phrase as cringe-worthy as "job creators" and have it influence the public pathetically easily. I get that you're frustrated, and that there are a lot of people in a similar boat to what you're in - but I really believe that nothing is capable of changing unless this pervasive, long-term underlying issue is dealt with first.

This is also not an issue that any other developed country has on quite the same level. The conservative propaganda machine in the the US so ingrained that by this point it's more akin to background noise, seeping to every crack it can find. Note that I say conservative in this context rather than Republican, as the actual party itself is presently more disorganised and directionless than it has been for a long time. Not that it matters outside of presidential elections; assuming Hillary wins, there will be a full strategy in place by the time she takes office. I don't know how anyone can be especially worried about what she'll do when DC will like be under lockdown before she even gets there, particularly when there's no reason the same techniques used previously won't continue working once Trump is out of the picture.

This in turn amounts to much more than stalling congress. In fact, here's an article that actually made be feel sorry for the Republican voter base, detailing how they've been manipulated for decades even beyond the obvious. (It's from the time of the last election and only superficially about Romney.) I wasn't exaggerating about background noise. Or, as a more brazen example, take gerrymandering seats for the House of Reps, where Republicans redrew the maps in 2010 - using fucking computers - to give them as many seats as possible, despite a nationwide Democratic majority. You can add to that vote caging and just about every trick in the book, no matter how minor the legislation in question. The distractions and change in tone over this election cycle will amount to nothing except a voter base that's even more easy to take advantage of.

I am not apologising for any of the failures of the Democrats, which actually do reflect a western trend of often incompetent or ineffective supposedly-centre-left political parties. Here's the thing though - the conservative machine doesn't stop every time the left screws up, and any ignorance of this is to its direct benefit. Saying both parties are equally bad helps Republicans. Blaming the president for every government decision helps Republicans. Apathy helps Republicans. Protest voting for supposedly more progressive parties (you probably don't want to vote for Gary Johnson + other classic conservative tactics) helps the Republicans, especially within the american electoral system. Widespread frustration and mistrust directed toward the government as a result of their own tactics benefits the frigging Republicans. Anything that can be used as a distraction, will be. While these tactics can continue, nothing is going to change, for either party. Even if demographic shifts eventually force them to change their tune, I've no doubt they'll be up to the task. They have this down to a science; the only solution I see holding any hope is to cut the problem off at the root.

If you don't want to vote for Hillary, fine. As I understand it, though, you also vote for the house and senate at the same time. You can write down Abe Lincoln or Charles Barkley or Polar✪ for all I care, just for goodness' sake please don't help give any more seats to Republicans where they can really cause damage. Maybe I'm way out of line considering this isn't even my election to have a say in, but frankly anyone who would vote Republican out of spite of a post like this was probably already well on that road to begin with. Social conservatism is a blight upon both society and the internet and if I can watch its demise within my lifetime I'll have far more optimism for the future (or what's left of it).

I never implied that I liked Republicans. Quite the contrary, I just hate both Democrats and Republicans. They're both inherently corrupt. Most Republicans want to throw the separation-of-Church-and-state thing out the window and just force everyone to adopt outdated Christian ideals, while most Democrats are too far up the asses of the minority movements and "New-Age Feminists" to realize that they're just creating a new type of racial and gender-based bias when they could be attempting to eliminate race as a factor in our daily lives at all by equalizing (or reducing the gap in) the rights and opportunities of everyone (economic socialism, which is the ideal form of economy for a future without human capital being invested in industry, and the removal of race-based financial aid programs, job programs, etc).

I honestly don't understand why our country is the only country that seems to be fucking all of this shit up so badly. Why do Americans still hold on to their bias against different races, genders, and sexualities? Great Britain, which was one of the biggest parts of the African Slave Trade and which also fathered quite a few extremely anti-everything religions (e.g. the Puritans), not only granted blacks citizenship and freedom earlier than the United States, but also granted LGBT marriage rights before the United States had even fully stopped arresting people for just being gay.

Last edited: