Was Quote made before Curly?

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
cultr1 said:
Hate to break it to you boss, but Quote says words in a text box in the original Cave Story.
Two words: "Ligato Motscund"
I guess you never liked Cave Story o:

You mean "Litagano Motscoud" (or more correctly, "Ritaganomo tsukuudo" (or properply translated, "Yrots Evac")).

I always like to imagine silent protagonists are truly silent, and that the characters around them just try to go on as if they can read the protagonist's body language. It makes for a more interesting story I find.

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
You mean "Litagano Motscoud" (or more correctly, "Ritaganomo tsukuudo" (or properply translated, "Yrots Evac")).

I always like to imagine silent protagonists are truly silent, and that the characters around them just try to go on as if they can read the protagonist's body language. It makes for a more interesting story I find.

O_o, ... @_@ ... /@/, :3, !_!...., >< ..... ^_^

(google translation emoticon -> english)
Really? Finally, someone agrees with me! Horray! <3
Although... It's really tough getting your point across.

Well, that's life!

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:34 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
X-Calibar said:
O_o, ... @_@ ... /@/, :3, !_!...., >< ..... ^_^

(google translation emoticon -> english)
Really? Finally, someone agrees with me! Horray! <3
Although... It's really tough getting your point across.

Well, that's life!

I agree with this too, but I am not going to say horray because I'm sad until I get my bacon.

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Since Quote and Curly are obviously a team, anyone wanna play gender stereotypes here? Quote's the stoic hardcore badass going around and blowing everything up
Curly's the one you would talk to. Sex sells, ya know. (and because Action Girl+it's really needed, she can fight too.)

Jun 19, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Malpercio said:
Since Quote and Curly are obviously a team, anyone wanna play gender stereotypes here? Quote's the stoic hardcore badass going around and blowing everything up
Curly's the one you would talk to. Sex sells, ya know. (and because Action Girl+it's really needed, she can fight too.)

King and Toroko are stereo-typical, while Kazuma and Sue are not.
Quote and Curly? I guess it's up to the player's personality.

At the most basic, yes I agree... but the more you dive into it :

The fact that they are robots kinda technically* eliminates the stereotype though.
I don't think they really fall under the norm. Quote might tell Curly, I'm going to kill all the mimigas! Curly - ;_; Quote - "Ha! ... *feeling guilty* uh don't give me that look ... I was kidding..." Curly - "Oh! You're with the Mimigas too?!"
"Hey that polar star is in pretty bad shape..." "want my machine gun?"
Quote : "YES! Here give me that..." *snatch*

Curly's in bad shape... *Hmm... I wonder if I can use the Cure-All for myself...* [tries... nope..., gives to doctor]

Curly's memories are gone? *Hmm... I wonder if I can use the Ma Pignon instead so I can remember...* [tries... nope..., gives to Curly]

Curly's panties are missing? *Hmm... I wonder if I can use these... [tries... nope... ... I'm still keeping these!]

Curly's in bed; got the Mimiga mask : "Oh, you're so cute..." "Don't let the bad robots get you..." *pet pet* [uwaaa!] *poke* Quote : "more :3" "Oh, you're so cute..." "Don't let the bad robots get you..." *pet pet* [uwaaa!] *poke* Quote : "more :3" "Oh, you're so cute..." "Don't let the bad robots get you..." *pet pet* [uwaaa!] *poke* Quote : "more :3" "Oh, you're... QUOTEE?!"

Curly's in Hell... *Hmm.... I wonder if I can go past her without picking her up... [tries... wait!... I can't leave her here!]

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yes Quote was made before Curly:
Curly was Made of Quote`s rib.
j/k