Want to play my edited game?

Sep 8, 2007 at 12:28 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
you need to open cave story and overwrite the files with the edited game one
but i dont think this runs on mac

Sep 9, 2007 at 7:38 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Yay! Another mod I didn't notice! *starts playing*

First thing I noticed, in the first area, for the weapon upgrade, the wall is a bit... glitchy... I made it through, but getting out I popped out on top instead of through the invisible tunnel I passed through. Minor thing I guess.... Reading through the topic, I guess it's suposed to be like that.

It was said to be a life capsule though, but it said when I got it that it was a weapon upgrade. I didn't see any list of big changes...

Also, that room right before the "have no fear" jump, is it possible to make it all the way up on that left side? the wall turns to stone, then I have to re-enter the room to try again and I keep screwing up, but looking at the way it's set up, I'm not sure if it's possible... I hate missing stuff...

Also, is there a life capsule at all I have access to in this place? I don't know how I could have missed something the way I'm looking unless it's in that left climb, but I MUST obtain it.

ok... I take back the yay... Theres a difference between hard and just plain frustrating. Those bloody gaudskateers were hard, but beatable once I remembered I had a life capsule and that they had to be killed in order. This though. This is just pure hate. I couldn't stand playing this. I had to cheat to make the end the repeated deaths over simply not knowing what to expect. I can't even imagine what it would have been like to keep playing with only three health. This isn't hard mode, this is Nightmare Satan himself would be scared of mode... of doom. All I can say is anyone willing to push themselves to get through this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY patient. I consider myself patient, but this is too much for something that should be "a fun challenge".

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
xristosx said:
you need to open cave story and overwrite the files with the edited game one
but i dont think this runs on mac
Yep, I can do it. What do I put where?

Sep 11, 2007 at 9:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, I did it. New Game, edited by SeriousFace, in the first cave, get to the top, open the door,

and the game resets to the opening screen.
That's supposed to happen, like there's a second way out, right?

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:54 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
That dosn't happen to me, you probably did something wrong

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:13 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is the link in the first post supposed to not work? :D

Dec 9, 2007 at 3:57 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Do plan to repost a link to your Mod anytime soon? I would very much like to play it, so please do so as quickly as possible.

Mar 14, 2008 at 1:35 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
In Zelda2c were is the magic container? Ive been looking every where and ca not advance with out it.

Mar 15, 2008 at 11:27 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Find a walkthrough instead buddy, this is the Cave Story forums, not the Zelda ones.

Mar 15, 2008 at 11:59 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Black0Panther said:
In Zelda2c were is the magic container? Ive been looking every where and ca not advance with out it.

READING MOTHERFUCKER, CAN YOU DO IT >_>
rofl

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:07 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Okay, so, I know old thread is old and all, but I just found this mod about two days ago. I'm finally stuck, though, on the Execution Chamber. I can't get back down. ^_^;;

I noticed somewhere above it mentioned having a wind-gust-thingie going down to give you enough speed, but I can't seem to find any configuration of switches that leaves two wind-gusts, and the Presses always destroy the one I use.

I can still sometimes get down to the second floor with the "jump really high and hold left" technique, though.

Any help for a poor newbie, by any chance? ^_^;;

[Edit: Managed to get two going down for the lower level, still working on the top level. But while I'm here, is there any hint on how to reach the Chinfish in the Mimiga town? That one has me stumped too...]

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Black0Panther said:
Don't you mean ZeldaC or Zelda 3C?

Oh well, you are posting in the wrong section anyway. This section is for cave story mods.

Oct 13, 2008 at 8:41 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Typhin: The same method you used to go down from 3rd level to 2nd can be used from 2nd to 1st. Keep trying :D

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:09 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi Seriousface!
Thank you for creating the game. It is really awesome! Awesome for someone who just beats the original Hell that one tiny bit :D Many rooms are really well done, intricately designed, and fun to play. (And horrendously hard too!)
Some requests/questions:
1. There's a door in First Cave, namely the one to the lower left, behind the 3 presses and at the end of a path filled with small spikes and death spikes, that is not working. Is there a room unfinished in it? Same goes with a door to the right of Sand Zone, which leads to an area below the original Sand Zone, but with an uncompleted map. Will those be finished in the future? Or is the version I have outdated? And am I at the end of what the game is for now, since I saw the Sand Zone Storehouse (in an original Cave Story map) but the map wasn't complete?
2. In First Cave, after a long fall through a hole filled with spikes, there is this place where you have to shoot downward without a space to jump. There I spent hours and thousands of tries, and finally got lucky to be able to shoot down the first block. If this is not how it is intended, it's not quite friendly to some keyboards. Can it be fixed?

In all, the best and deepest mod I've seen. Good job!! :)

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:26 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I don't think he comes here anymore.

And well, use the Edit button. (Before S. P. rapes you~)

Oct 18, 2008 at 3:05 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I come here still.

Tat: thanks i appreciate your praise.
1) Yea those rooms arn't done, sandzone's the last semi complete area.
2) I did intend for you to jump up and shoot down, even tho you don't have any room to jump upward. It's really annoying to do on keyboard, but fairly easy if you have a real controler of some kind. But i don't want to change it because.

Oh, and yes, i no longer have any intentions of finishing this game.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:13 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I know I'm probably reviving a dead topic, but only by a month and the forum won't let me use PMs.

The link in the first post does not work, and you acknowledge that in the first post. Is there some other link that will let me get this file, or indeed any way at all of getting it?