Want to play my edited game?

Aug 25, 2006 at 12:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
By the way, I hit a bug in grasstown - keep in mind this was some time ago so I'm not 100% sure of all the details or it might have been fixed already.

I went and grabbed the +5 hp from the dude in the mimiga house (the one with the upstairs door blocked by a pot). Then, I died before I saved (it was my first run through, before I knew about the map ;)). When I reloaded I went to grab the hp again but everyone just acted as if I'd already done the puzzle and wouldn't give me the reward.
After restarting Cave Story everything made sense again.

PS. I also play CS under linux using wine, though considering the lack of bugs in general (excepting font rendering issues :S) I'd be fairly surprised if that was a factor.

Jan 22, 2007 at 11:24 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah. This was the first mod ever? I see.
And the download link, it opens onto a download page for this mod, yes?
But instead it's a blog.

The home of Jamis Eichenauer?

I see.

No, I don't. Is there some sort of secret way to view the page that results in a download? Can anyone help?

Jan 22, 2007 at 11:29 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Deinarts said:
Ah. This was the first mod ever? I see.
And the download link, it opens onto a download page for this mod, yes?
But instead it's a blog.

The home of Jamis Eichenauer?

I see.

No, I don't. Is there some sort of secret way to view the page that results in a download? Can anyone help?

No, I think the download link dont work anymore :/

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:52 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
wow is this the first mod?ive been playing it and liked it so far how far does it go up too? :mad:

Jan 24, 2007 at 12:05 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
hey does this mod suppose to have the booster 2.0 by the time you get to the egg corridor? :mad:

Jan 24, 2007 at 3:24 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
xristosx said:
hey does this mod suppose to have the booster 2.0 by the time you get to the egg corridor? :mad:
No. Are you saying that you have the booster 2.0 already, or that you think you need it?

(If you think you need it, remember that Behemoths don't damage you if you're on top of them)

Jan 24, 2007 at 11:51 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
upthorn said:
No. Are you saying that you have the booster 2.0 already, or that you think you need it?

(If you think you need it, remember that Behemoths don't damage you if you're on top of them)

He's saying that he has it, because I also downloaded this mod and tested it. I noticed there were sparkles edited into "Point of no return," and it gave you the machine gun, booster 2.0, and the map system. I skipped it because I didn't want to ruin the difficulty :p

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:50 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Well i relised i wasnt supposed to have it half way the egg corridor, because the behemoths and the large streches of deadly spikes :p

Jan 27, 2007 at 12:38 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Huh. Found a bug in it. Dunno if it's fixed in a later version, but you can enter Arthur's House even if it's locked through the Sanctuary. The room that has doors to all the altars, and has a statue teleporter. You can exit Arthur's House but then can't get back in. You could also probably skip to the Egg Corridor.

Of course, you could just get the key and there's no problem there. But it's sort of odd to be told to get a key when logically you might have unlocked the door from inside.

Jan 27, 2007 at 1:19 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Deinarts said:
Huh. Found a bug in it. Dunno if it's fixed in a later version, but you can enter Arthur's House even if it's locked through the Sanctuary. The room that has doors to all the altars, and has a statue teleporter. You can exit Arthur's House but then can't get back in. You could also probably skip to the Egg Corridor.

Of course, you could just get the key and there's no problem there. But it's sort of odd to be told to get a key when logically you might have unlocked the door from inside.

I think this shouldn't be fixed. I think it should be left in as a "different" way to get inside arthur's house... Just my two pennies. :D

btw, GRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrr..... how do I get onto the fan next to the flow of air going up underneath the little green things you need to get down for the third switch? :p

Jan 30, 2007 at 1:52 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
:confused: I'm stuck in the sand zone. I can get to the altar of earth, but it won't accept any of my weapons, and I can't unlock the stone to where I need to go next. ;) I'm completely stumped.

Jan 31, 2007 at 12:25 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
To the best of my knowledge, Sand zone hasn't been completed yet. Good work making it that far, though.

Shadowfire said:
I think this shouldn't be fixed. I think it should be left in as a "different" way to get inside arthur's house... Just my two pennies. ;)
Well it should be fixed at least to the point that opening it from the inside unlocks it -- of you need the key to open it from the inside, if it isn't unlocked.

Shadowfire said:
btw, GRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrr..... how do I get onto the fan next to the flow of air going up underneath the little green things you need to get down for the third switch? :confused:
There are two ways. The proper way is that you have to ride one of them on the very top level and then make a difficult jump so that you enter the airflow from the side (and so have enough right-ways velocity to reach the switch).

The other way is easier, though. Have you got the Map System?

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:52 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
upthorn said:
Map System?

oh god getting that sunofabitch was so fucking hard, but it was oh so sweet when i got it.
I nearly got an anurism trying to dodge all the creatures the cats were throwing at me. With no way to defend meself D:

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:28 AM
"..."
You can kill them cats with spur. I highly recomend it.

Also sorry everyone if you feel like your posts are being ignored. Im still working on this game, but right now I'm a little bit stoped untill someone figures out how to move omega (the coords where he spawns NOT taking him to a different map).

I've also been kinda sidetracked by learning how to sprite edit.
Check out the stupid thing i made.
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1175/teeheewn7.png

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:02 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hmm... well like, i get to a sign that says something like "there's no point if the curse hasn't been broken yet, if it has, save, you only have one chance", and that's where i'm stuck. has nothing more been completed? jw, i just wouldn't think that would be in there if you couldn't do it yet.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:50 AM
"..."
You can ride those bugs to the upper left of the map (really hard with out taking a hit, but possible) but can't go anywhere with it yet. Yes that is the end.

There is a secret zone from sandzone however, and from mimiga village.

The mouth of the snake in sandzone is a door, suprise suprise it'll lead to the you getting the snake.
And killing the Chinfish in the village will get you to the other secret zone, where your prize is the "key" that grants you access to the <SOU room from Arthurs house.

Feb 2, 2007 at 5:56 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How do I get the snake? I've talked to all the guys at the end in the earth altar and nobody gives me the offer to trade.