Two unrelated questions

Aug 4, 2007 at 8:18 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, I am new here and I have two unrelated questions.

First of all, I have reached the boss that is this machine/vehicle the size of the screen. it drives left and right and then stops and shoot purple stuff.
I know I am supposed to shot its green things when it opens, but either I shoot him from the outside and then I dont get to shoot the green things because of the purple stuff. Or I shoot him standing under him, but then the purple stuff hit me.
Do you have tips on how to defeat this boss?
Also, how come there are only a 1000 registered users in this forum?
This is such a fun game and its free, I would excpect that there would be a lot more users (and hence players) for this game.

Thank you.

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:27 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Answer 1 : The boss you're fighting is Monster X - the hardest boss till where you've reached. I hope you have the blade leveled to at least 2, though 3 would be better. You've got to ride on the wheels till you reach the end of the corridor when the monster stops and opens up. Here's a slow but effective way of killing it - Once it opens hit ONE blade level 3 at the centre and run in the opposite direction, where there is space. Assuming you have the machine gun, keep firing at the purple projectiles till it charges again. [BTW, you gotta make sure there is space to run when monster X stops. Experience will teach you how to do this]

Once all the pods are destroyed, he'll shoot missiles that home in on you. When he stops, keep firing at his centre and take care of the missiles when he charges around.

Answer 2 : Three reasons - (A) Freeware games are totally DUMB in the eyes of many. (B) Graphics are poor. (C) People tend to judge games 10 minutes into them, and that isn't nealy enough for you to start liking this awesome masterpiece.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The strategy with the sword seem to be too long, it will be nerve wracking.
I thought maybe I can stand bellow it and make bubbles, which will both hurt it and protect me from the purple stuff.
Or just stand bellow it, hit it, and get hit.
And then have a few rounds of collecting things from the purple stuff.

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:21 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I used the sword level 3, it is really strong and it also killed all the purple stuff.
So I beat the boss. :p

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Get under the boss with the Blade when it stops and opens up,
and then when the boss is moving you use the Bubbler as both a defense
and offense against the light-things or the enemies, pick up Health and
EXP, and repeat until dead.

Aug 5, 2007 at 11:05 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
Get under the boss with the Blade when it stops and opens up,
and then when the boss is moving you use the Bubbler as both a defense
and offense against the light-things or the enemies, pick up Health and
EXP, and repeat until dead.

He'll probably have the machine gun, and not the bubbler.

Aug 5, 2007 at 12:04 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
Answer 1 : The boss you're fighting is Monster X - the hardest boss till where you've reached. I hope you have the blade leveled to at least 2, though 3 would be better. You've got to ride on the wheels till you reach the end of the corridor when the monster stops and opens up. Here's a slow but effective way of killing it - Once it opens hit ONE blade level 3 at the centre and run in the opposite direction, where there is space. Assuming you have the machine gun, keep firing at the purple projectiles till it charges again. [BTW, you gotta make sure there is space to run when monster X stops. Experience will teach you how to do this]

Once all the pods are destroyed, he'll shoot missiles that home in on you. When he stops, keep firing at his centre and take care of the missiles when he charges around.

Answer 2 : Three reasons - (A) Freeware games are totally DUMB in the eyes of many. (B) Graphics are poor. (C) People tend to judge games 10 minutes into them, and that isn't nealy enough for you to start liking this awesome masterpiece.

1: lol i dont know who wouldnt use the blade since its so good with spamming the enemy :p

2: like this quote says hes right
People dont give games a chance and look straight away and go this is going to be shit.. when i say this game years ago on a site i regularly download games off (www.acid-play.com) and i saw the game and it got 99% but for some reason :p i though since it was 0.99mb it was gonna be dumb and i normally play shitty small games but it turned out to be the best free ware game i played every but thats also the reason why people get put off it, but people think since its a free ware game they wouldn't think there would be a massive forum for it lol

Aug 5, 2007 at 7:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I've written a rant that could help you figure out #2.

Basically, what Roonil Wazlib and xristosx said.

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:46 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Roonil Wazlib said:

Cave Story is actually somewhat hard to find, if you don't know what you're looking for. I look up free ware games all of the time, but never found Cave Story until my friend told me to Google "Cave Story".

Aug 6, 2007 at 1:42 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Atravir said:
Cave Story is actually somewhat hard to find, if you don't know what you're looking for. I look up free ware games all of the time, but never found Cave Story until my friend told me to Google "Cave Story".

i found it on a regular site called www.acid-play.com it has all the best freeware on there, just check top rated because it got 99%

Aug 6, 2007 at 2:02 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Hm.
Well this is is the only really active forum on the site, and technically it's not an official Cave Story fansite or anything, so there probably aren't that many sites pointing here. And forum growth is usually exponential, so as they grow larger more and more people should accordingly join up.

Also I've always really like the art style of Cave Story >.> And since plenty of people seem to think there hasn't been a decent game since the 16-bit era, I can't see what they're complaining about <.<

Aug 6, 2007 at 2:14 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
DoubleThink said:
Hm.
Well this is is the only really active forum on the site, and technically it's not an official Cave Story fansite or anything, so there probably aren't that many sites pointing here. And forum growth is usually exponential, so as they grow larger more and more people should accordingly join up.

Also I've always really like the art style of Cave Story >.> And since plenty of people seem to think there hasn't been a decent game since the 16-bit era, I can't see what they're complaining about <.<

mario is pretty decent but ive found out some people acutally dont like it.. :p

Aug 6, 2007 at 4:21 AM
Guy with Sword
Not like Mario??? EVIL!

My friend says that the Mario games are all in his mind, and are just illusions because he's been eating shrooms. And not the healthy ones. Think about it...
Kidding. Seriously.

Aug 6, 2007 at 9:53 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
xristosx said:
mario is pretty decent but ive found out some people acutally dont like it.. :eek:

This is normally the "Nintendo is teh k1ddy! Mario sucks, Halo and GTA rulez!!!!!1111eleven"-group.

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:00 AM
Hoxtilicious
Tadashi said:
This is normally the "Nintendo is teh k1ddy! Mario sucks, Halo and GTA rulez!!!!!1111eleven"-group.

You forget that the cube is a kid console, yes thats right, especially because of Resident Evil.

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:06 AM
Guy with Sword
Nintendo is dying. The best game for DS is Pokemon (again). And the Wii has maybe two decent games.

PS3 shall conquer all! :eek:

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:27 AM
Hoxtilicious
Roonil Wazlib said:
Graphics are poor.

No they are 0ld sk00l and fucking awesome!
Its only because the fucking mainstream hates 0ld sk00l, all those graphic kiddies... Ahhh @.@

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:16 AM
Guy with Sword
2d games beat 3d games every time. People just want more realistic, though.

If you want it that realistic, go get a life. :eek:

Aug 7, 2007 at 7:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Nintendo is dying. The best game for DS is Pokemon (again). And the Wii has maybe two decent games.

PS3 shall conquer all! :(

PSP I reckon.

Aug 7, 2007 at 8:12 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Tadashi said:

gta and halo are goodins as well lol but nintendo is a good one

Atravir said:

PS3 shall conquer all! :D

wii will soon have a awesome game and its called smash bros brawl :D
and of course dragon ball z tencachi 2

i can play that pokemon ds game on my comp even if it runs at 70% speed :(

UNRELATED ALOT : lol it looks like my curly pic has some features from sp's avatar :D