Turn a boss into miniboss/enemy?

Mar 25, 2008 at 11:56 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Is it possible? I know you can make an enemy a boss...

I mean just have it so they attack and take damage but don't have a boss meter, basically, because I want something else to be the actual boss, so it'd be sorta Undead-Core-style with the main boss and the miniboss(es) running around bothering you.

Mar 26, 2008 at 1:25 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Can I have a link to the mod, and could you tell me which boss was demoted? If I can see how it is in Sue's I could perhaps figure it out.

Mar 26, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Lyger said:
Can I have a link to the mod, and could you tell me which boss was demoted? If I can see how it is in Sue's I could perhaps figure it out.
I thinque its the same AI as in Rabil. Youknow, the frenzied mimiga you meet in Grasstown.

As to the link, here you go:

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/606/

Mar 26, 2008 at 1:44 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
But the Rabil never has a boss meter... it's just a miniboss. :\ Besides, it's only 40 HP so it's not that much of a fight anyway.

Mar 26, 2008 at 3:09 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You just have to go with a normal enemy, thats the way Pixel did it.

Otherwise for making a boss out of an enemy the "Execute event on death", flag must be on. I guess it's 0x0200. Then the event the enemy will have will be the event for the enemy to execute when it's defeated. You can do that without using <BSL, because it will still start a boss fight with it, just no HP bar. You would take no damage aslong as the script runs of course.

Mar 26, 2008 at 3:50 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
I meant more along the lines of, like, taking Balrog perhaps, and having it so that you can still fight him, but he doesn't have a boss meter.

Also, in Pixel's original script I keep seeing "<BSL0000"... hhhoww does that work? Isn't the number supposed to be the entity you're having a bossfight with?

If all else fails, do the Sisters have a sprite number? It doesn't appear to be in the npc.ini...

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Justin-chan
Major Bosses don't have sprite numbers.

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:13 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
First off it's not a sprite number, it's an entity number :cool:
And it's true, major bosses are seperate entitys which are binded onto specific coordinates.

Mar 26, 2008 at 1:52 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Yeah, I kinda figured...

So how exactly do I start a major boss fight? Does it have to be on the original map?

Mar 26, 2008 at 2:28 PM
Justin-chan
That I dunno. But as for this..
I meant more along the lines of, like, taking Balrog perhaps, and having it so that you can still fight him, but he doesn't have a boss meter.
Just don't put <BSL and you're okay. You just have to <CNP him into the Boss Balrog that you want. <BSL just brings up the health bar.

Mar 26, 2008 at 2:43 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
That doesn't work for some bosses... like boss Curly takes damage, but doesn't attack you.

Eh, I could probably work without it, it was just an idea I had. What I really need to know now is how to trigger a major boss fight...

Apr 16, 2008 at 6:02 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
It works. I tested it. You must add only <ANP. For boss Curly:
<ANPxxxx:0010:0002
xxxx - Curly event
Only this event is necessary.

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:23 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
With a major boss it has to be in certain coordinates in the map. For example th centre of monster x (the part you have to shoot) will appear at X - Y 16-17. The best way to find out what the coordinates have to be is check the coords in the original CS.

EDIT

Btw to make curly fight you have to change her npc to her boss npc. Its one of the sprites holding the red gun. After that you type the animate commands.