Toroko's Boss Fight Symbolism?

May 12, 2016 at 11:56 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I had a thought the other day about why the flowers hurt you in the Toroko Boss Battle and I came up with this theory which makes the saddest scene of the game even sadder and a maybe even a bit epic when you think about it.

Toroko throws blocks that suddenly burst into flowers and that doesn't make much sense... I mean if the Mimiga are angry it doesn't give them automatic magical powers. I mean if the Mimiga were magic why couldn't they just gang up on the doctor in the first place?

I think that Quote is associating what Toroko is throwing with Toroko, and when he thinks of Toroko he thinks of his memories of Toroko, and the one thing many of us remember about Toroko is her innocence. So maybe the Flowers are symbolism for Quote's memories of Toroko and the fact he has to ignore it or destroy it otherwise it holds him back from saving himself. When he touches the Flowers it hurts him and he loses strength. He doesn't want to kill Toroko but he has to ignore his feelings because he is in danger. and before any of you give me that "But robots don't have feelings" stuff remember how Quote reacts to Misery threatening to kill Sue at the Undead Core.

Last edited:
May 13, 2016 at 12:08 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Contributing to spammy posting (off-topic, lack of content, etc)
p215025-0-qtbq85h.png

EDIT: bout time the mods slapped me for my shitposts cmon dudes its been a year but better late than never

Last edited:
May 13, 2016 at 12:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I mean if the Mimiga were magic why couldn't they just gang up on the doctor in the first place?
Because the crown grants the bearer the ability to control Mimigas affected by the red flowers.

As for magic, why does Igor's balls of light attack not seem to count?

Toroko throws blocks that suddenly burst into flowers and that doesn't make much sense... I mean if the Mimiga are angry it doesn't give them automatic magical powers.
You fail to consider that the red flowers don't make Mimiga simply angry, but rather is both a physical and mental change. Since the power of the red flowers likely comes from Ballos (as an involutary spillover of energy) we can cannot assume that any of the Mimiga's natural traits would be a primer to that of a Mimiga that has consumed a red flower.

I mean it is an interesting theory, but I do feel the need to address the holes in your reasoning.

May 13, 2016 at 12:57 AM
"Huzzah!"
This is a video game with it's own laws, nothing has to relate to reality. There are talking rabbit people that eat flowers and a can of anchovies named Balrog.

Basically, it doesn't need to make sense.

And yeah, i'm gonna say that your over thinking this.

May 13, 2016 at 3:53 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This is a video game with it's own laws, nothing has to relate to reality.
Who ever said that anyone was relating anything to reality?

May 13, 2016 at 6:45 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
The flowers were a precognitive reference to Undertale. Pixel is psychic.
Seriously though, your theory is quite touching.

May 20, 2016 at 12:29 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The flowers were a precognitive reference to Undertale. Pixel is psychic.
Seriously though, your theory is quite touching.
Maybe Flowey is responsible for the red flowers.