The worst restaurant you've ever eaten in

Apr 10, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I've been watching alot of Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmares and other shows, and I'm wondering, whats the worst restaurant you've eaten in?

Give the name, why it was horrible and a yelp link (if one exists)

The worst resturant I've eaten at would be this eygption place, I forgot what it was called, I was young when I ate there. They barely had any menu items that would be enjoyable. I didn't get the full enjoyment out of it then, but I bet as myself today I would enjoy it more. Not long after they closed.

Apr 10, 2014 at 1:55 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Apr 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Forever 12
Apr 10, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Perpetually out of it
Parkraft123 said:
The worst resturant I've eaten at would be this eygption place
You kidding me man Eygption food is the best.

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It is not because of food quality, but there was this one seafood restaurant in eastern Canada that my parents took the entire family as well as some guests. It was gorgeously decorated, with bettas on every table but they charged excessively for everything. My siblings and I asked for water, which is usually free in Canada. We were given Perrier and charged for it. Everything about that restaurant was ridiculously overpriced, though I don't remember the exact dishes. I do remember they served a meat that wasn't seafood related at all. Something like kangaroo...or was it ostrich?

But in terms of bad food, I actually don't recall any that I had recently. It's more to do with my personal tastes, I guess.

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
2nd street San-Pedro, CA. filled with bad dining, hard to find parking, and constant traffic.

the crown jewel of horrid eating goes to La Strata, with mock Italian food so bad, you would be better off eating canned microwaved raw eggplant.

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Based Member
Do you have to have eaten there for it to qualify, or does going in, sitting down, but then deciding to leave count? If the latter, then my mom, my sister and I once walked into this place called the wonderland book cafe. It was a place that we had never seen before which was part of a local plaza. When we walked in, it was a single square room with a counter at the far end, and small round tables placed all throughout. On either side of the room there were stacks of children's books, and in some corners there were cardboard cutouts of movie characters. One of them was Harry Potter in his fifth year, and another was Captain Jack Sparrow. The place seemed abandoned at first; we were the only people in the room. After taking a few minutes to explore our surroundings, an elderly woman emerged from a door behind the desk, and greeted us, happy to find customers. She seated us at one of the tables which was rather small and hard to squeeze the three of us into. The chairs were also quite small and stiff. The old woman then handed menus out to us; it had very few options. The menu consisted of a few drinks, a cheese casedia, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, neither of which were all too cheap. We decided not to eat there due to the poor accommodations and limited menu. This was about two years ago.

A year-and-a-half ago, there was this one place where we actually ate. While the food wasn't bad, the service was abysmal. There was once a CC's pizza near us, and it was very nice. We went and ate there fairly often because the pizza was good, and it was fairly cheap. Unfortunately, they went out of business and had to hand the facility onto someone else. The building got taken over but was still a pizza place. It became known as Slicer's. One day, we decided to eat lunch there on the way to something else in order to support the new local restaurant. When we walked in, the place was very dim; we got the impression that they kept the lights off in order to save on the electrical bill. Also none of the televisions were on. When we came up to the front counter there was nobody. About ten seconds later a woman who looked like she was in her mid 40s emerged, slowly walked up to the cash register, and shyly said hi. After several seconds of awkward silence and the cashier looking like she didn't know what she was doing, she finally asked us if we wanted to pay, to which my mom replied yes. After several more moments of awkward silence, the woman told us the price for the buffet, and my mom gave her the money.

It should be noted that the people did just about no remodeling to the interior of the building, so the only difference in the place from its CC's state was that all the lights were out, the TVs weren't on, and we were the only customers. Our usual routine at CC's was to proceed onto the line of pizzas and dish up our plates and get our drinks from the soda fountain. Instead, we were faced with a chubby woman who looked like she was in her early to mid 20s. She was dressed professionally as a waitress and even held that cloth over her forearm like at gourmet restaurants. She asked us what drinks we wanted and went and got them from the soda fountain while we dished up our plates. It felt like an incredibly informal restaurant trying to convince you it was formal. When I went back to the buffet to get a second helping, there was a man between his mid 40s and early 50s who at first spoke quickly and unclearly. After asking him to repeat his words, he said that if there's any type of pizza I'd like to be there, just ask. I then told him that there was an ample amount of the types of pizza I was interested in. The man seemed nice, but unprofessional.

I myself didn't notice, but my sister later said that the young waitress mentioned earlier who took her job just a little bit too seriously was staring at us from a distance in a weird way as we ate in the dimness. When my drink was low, she came up and offered to refill it for me. Even though it seemed very unfitting for the supposedly informal atmosphere of what pizzerias are supposed to be like, I guess it was kind of nice to get service like that. Although I was in slight disbelief at what I heard when she came back. When she came back with my refilled root beer, she expressed concern about whether or not it would taste right, on the grounds that "it fizzed up when I first put it in." Given that soda tends to fizz up when you first put it in, it seems odd that she'd be concerned about that. She was concerned that it might not taste right, so I gave it a sip and told here it was okay. "Are you sure?" she asked. I then took another sip and assured her that it was okay, to which she incredulously said okay, reluctantly walked a short distance away, and resumed her position of staring at us from a small distance.

I thought the pizza was okay, but that's not saying much coming from me because I have a low standard for pizza. My mom and sister on the other hand thought the pizza was terrible. My mom later said that when the woman was supposed to be taking our payment but was just standing there awkwardly, she was almost ready to leave and eat somewhere else. The experience caused us to reminisce about the one I described above. Also, this new place was twice as expensive despite the lower quality.

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:24 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I went to some random pizza place for a birthday party years ago. It had arcade machines and such. Half the machines took the quarters and didn't play, and the claw machine closed the claw, then it went down, then up, then the claw opened. The pizza gave me stomach issues and the toilets were covered in ants.

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I don't go to restaurants often enough to come across one I could genuinely call bad.

Though I hate the notion where they add some cheap rocket-laced salad on the side of the plate rather than greens and mash, with the exception to the rule being steak. I also am not a fan of meals that look like they should be appetisers. Though lets be honest, most restaurants have a "coffee shop" view on desserts.

So I don't have a restaurant I hate, rather I have certain aspects relating to restaurants that I hate. Home is the best restaurant because how I prefer my food is how I make it.

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Professional Whatever
i uh
ate at mcdonald's today

hayden how do you do this

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Coffee said:
i uh
ate at mcdonald's today
Hungry Jacks/Burger King is worse in my opinion.

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:48 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
My restaurant adventures are kinda limited as i know a few good places already, i usually end up going to those whenever i need to go for a decent night out.

I only had problems with one place, which was when i was out for a day in the city and it was getting late and i was hungry. There was this KFC in sight, while i was not familiar with this chain i wouldn't mind trying it out so yeah sure why not.
After facing a disgrunted employee, i noticed the place was filled with filth everywhere. Like nobody ever tried to go about and sweep the floors during the entire day, but i paid for it so i guess i gotta deal with it. I gently sweeped off the crumbs and pieces of lettuce off the table, and settled down. Looking around there are all sorts of shady people hunching over their tables, guess i shouldn't complain about the people eating there but with the filth everywhere it kinda made me feel like i was eating in a dank back alley.
I remember the burger being all sorts of filthy, it's obviously been stuck below the heating lamps for far too long and the meat between them was reduced to a really dry piece of solid crust that tasted like absolute shit. That thing was so damn nasty to eat. The rest of the stuff wasn't that great either, but it was still far better than that dried-out burger.
I prob won't know if it was just a bad establishment or a bad day for them, but my first experience with KFC wasn't a fine memory to remember.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Forever 12
Nadojin said:
You kidding me man Eygption food is the best.
I was like, 8 or 9, I didn't enjoy it fully. Do you really expect a kid around that age to enjoy an Egyptian restaurant?
(FYI the moderators already knew I was 12, but I turned 13 a couple days ago :D)

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM
War criminal
Hmm, I guess the worst restaurant I ever ate from was this Taco Bell in Yuma when I was on my way home from San Diego back in 2007. Their food tasted alright, but then I got a fever a few hours later. My mom did say the drive thru guy looked like he wasn't feeling good at all.

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm much like Desu in that I usually just eat what's in front of me and not complain. And I can usually brush off bad service, though I've never had to deal with egregiously bad sorts.

I don't have any terrible restaurant stories to tell (unfortunately? :p ) and my memory's not the greatest, but I do remember a time where we bought some Mexican food for lunch...I got a torta, one of the 2 meals I ever get at such places. My usual order is chicken with beans and cheese, and maybe lettuce, so I ordered that. For some reason, they had no cheese to put in the sandwich, but that happens sometimes, that's fine. Except when I got the thing, it also didn't have any beans. :<

That's still okay, of course! A minor transgression. I wouldn't have minded if not for the fact that the chicken was the most horrifying chicken I'd ever eaten. You see, it was the variant of chicken that's sort of in some unknown red-orange sauce that pops up occasionally. (I think it's called tinga? I don't know these things. :pignon2:) Usually it tastes great, but the sauce in this particular chicken torta was disgusting in a way I can't describe. It almost tasted more like blood...and the chicken itself did not impress either. It was this sort of gross lukewarm temperature that, combined with the copious amounts of onion, made every bite an incredibly nauseous experience. It was like a torta from the fifth circle of hell. I'm usually a rather ravenous eater, but I only made it four bites in (spread out over an hour, mind you...) before simply giving up and discreetly throwing it away. I had somewhat severe stomach problems for the rest of the day. -.-

I think that's the only time I've ever eaten outside food that was so bad when it should be so good...and it came from an established restaurant that before and since that day tastes pretty nice. I suppose it was a fluke, huh?

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dunc2403 said:
I'd agree on that about everything but the burgers - I'm convinced McDonald's burgers are not actually food.
At least the sorry excuse for cheese on a Maccas burger actually tastes remotely edible. No, I was including the burgers in that assessment.

Though if I put the taste of the food at HJs aside, I kinda like that mix of old and new they have going on with their shopfronts. Quality stuff. Maccas would never have seating that nice.

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:01 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I'm much like Desu in that I usually just eat what's in front of me and not complain. And I can usually brush off bad service, though I've never had to deal with egregiously bad sorts.

I don't have any terrible restaurant stories to tell (unfortunately? :p ) and my memory's not the greatest, but I do remember a time where we bought some Mexican food for lunch...I got a torta, one of the 2 meals I ever get at such places. My usual order is chicken with beans and cheese, and maybe lettuce, so I ordered that. For some reason, they had no cheese to put in the sandwich, but that happens sometimes, that's fine. Except when I got the thing, it also didn't have any beans. :<

That's still okay, of course! A minor transgression. I wouldn't have minded if not for the fact that the chicken was the most horrifying chicken I'd ever eaten. You see, it was the variant of chicken that's sort of in some unknown red-orange sauce that pops up occasionally. (I think it's called tinga? I don't know these things. :pignon2:) Usually it tastes great, but the sauce in this particular chicken torta was disgusting in a way I can't describe. It almost tasted more like blood...and the chicken itself did not impress either. It was this sort of gross lukewarm temperature that, combined with the copious amounts of onion, made every bite an incredibly nauseous experience. It was like a torta from the fifth circle of hell. I'm usually a rather ravenous eater, but I only made it four bites in (spread out over an hour, mind you...) before simply giving up and discreetly throwing it away. I had somewhat severe stomach problems for the rest of the day. -.-

I think that's the only time I've ever eaten outside food that was so bad when it should be so good...and it came from an established restaurant that before and since that day tastes pretty nice. I suppose it was a fluke, huh?

I feel so sorry for you. :(

I almost never eat out, I do so about once every 5 months or so (?)

I haven't actually ran into any bad service... yet.