The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? topic.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Re: The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? to

Hm, I didn't see this thread at first, either... XD

So... Hi! I'm Arctic Shadow (Andrew is my real name), and I've been playing Cave Story for the last month and I absolutely love it! Hm... What else... Well, I like other video games, mostly Nintendo games, and furries, and computers. =P

Really liking these forums so far! ^^

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? to

Enjoy yourself here.
W̨̔ͫͯ̂ͮͥͯ͑̿ͮ̇ͭ͢͏̫̯̺̬̳̮͇͔̗͞E̡̡͈̹͓͖̤̖̻͇̩̺̙͔͂ͫͪ͒̾̇̆̔̇̇̓ͪͭͪ͠͞ ͍̪̗̰͍̙̇ͬ͒̌ͣ̋ͣͩ̍̓ͯ͒̈̒͋̈̃́̚̕H̼̘̥̪̫̜͚̫͇̗͇̯̰͚̻ͯ̓ͪ͗͂ͭͥ́̄͊̂͗ͤͨͯͣ͋̕͡Ǫ̴̡̛̦̺̯͎̣̪̦̼̰̗̩ͧ̽͐̂ͯͬͮ͒̔̊ͯ͒ͪͤ̔͊̋̈́̈͢P̌͆ͤ̋̔̏̿ͣ̚҉̳̺̘̝̜̗̲́͝Ḛ̷͎̦͕̥̪̣ͩͯ͆ͪ̋̏ͣͨ͘ͅ ̸̋̀͒͜͏̡̝̖͎̻̞̭̪͕̰̞̘̺̘̹̣̥͇̦̘͢Ý̵̘̥̝̝͗̒͆̍̄̽ͨ̃͑̓͛͞O̵͉͙͉͎̱͌͒͛ͪ͆͑ͯͣ̿̀̕͢͞ͅU̡̲̞̙̞̘̥ͯͭ͌̓̅ͩ̆̓̃͒ͨ̀̈́͂̊͡'̵̩̦̻̦͉̙̙̖̰̜̝̭̝̅̋ͦ̓̐ͩ̈́ͬ́̀͞ͅL͑͂̈ͯͣ̑ͣ͐̅͏̸͖͎̼̣̦̘̙̫͎̙͖͉̞̯̪͙̙͘͜͞Ļ̸̨͉͚̙̺̝̬̳͖͈̹̹͓̬͙̥̱͇̾̽ͯ̎̾̆̆͋̒ͦ̊͋͠ ̷̗̥̱̆̽ͣ̀̈́͌ͮͧ̅ͦͫ̽̓͡ͅͅS̴̬̦̘̱̼̭̐̏͂̈ͬ̈ͨͥͣͭ͋̄̇ͫ́̐̀̚͟͠Ť͍͙̠͚̭̬̳͎̹͍͎͕͆ͥ̓ͦ͢͝A̴͂͗ͬͮͩ̽͐͐̈́̕͏̨͓̣̜̺̺͎͈̥͈Y̨͉͓̘͍͓͖̳̺̣͉̰̭̝̟̱͙̓̉̊̋ͤͯ̽̇̕ ̉̉ͣͬ̀͗͂͌̂̆ͯͮ̔ͪ͏̡̗̩̼̱̦̲̣͝͠F̷̪̹͙̹̱̦̼͉̦̲̘͉͖̣̆̃̏͗́̕͢͠O̶̶̸̢̮̦̭̩̥̝̰͓̺̗̩̺̠͚͍͋̒ͭ̒̄ͧ́̾ͯͦ̉͋̚͠R̡̡̻̩͕̘̙͇̠͔̻̰̟͖̜̉̎ͧ̀͋͆͑̒ͯ̅̓̀ͦͫ̀͘͢Ę̷̯̤͖͔͔̯̙͎̂̾̋ͧͮ̿V̰̠̥̙̯͔̼̟̳̜̺̳̙̹̭̮̹͂̓́͂̄̓̓ͤ͂̋͐͗̔͜Ĕ̷̥̥̣̜͖̣̟̰͕͇ͫͪͦ̀̅ͮ̿͘͜R͖̭͈̘̬͖̲̼͖͙̓̾̏ͬͭ͐͜͟.̦͉͉̦̮̲̫͖̮̖̞̙͐̑̑͌́̕͜͠͡
We love making new friends.

Jul 14, 2011 at 2:10 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

Hey man :D Welcome to the forums! (I never saw your message someone...so hi as well :D)

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Hello articshadow.

Jul 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

i'm UltimateBalrog, i love cave story, sonic the hedgehog, nintendo franchises, spyro, call of duty, and halo. i love to play video games and surf the web.

Jul 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever

UltimateBalrog said:
i'm UltimateBalrog, i love cave story, sonic the hedgehog, nintendo franchises, spyro, call of duty, and halo. i love to play video games and surf the web.

How unique.

Welcome to the forums :D

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:46 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"

Cool. I don't think many people these days play many games (it's really uncool). (That was sarcasm if you didn't register ;) )
Anyway welcome to the forums :D

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:03 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:12 AM

We don't have any rules against it, but lots of people have used names from the game and we have never thought it is cool.
You could still be the exception to the non-existent rule, though.

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:13 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Wait, really?

Crap, any way to get rid of this handle?

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:17 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Misery said:
Wait, really?

Crap, any way to get rid of this handle?

You could ask an admin to change your name.

I still think it's extremely odd that people can still sign up as Misery or Doctor. Those names should have been grabbed early, but they're still available. :pignon2:

EDIT: CptFab is just saying that several people who've signed up with common names turn out to be not-so-useful members. The logic doesn't work the other way, so you could be an exception to this trend. The fact that you use correct grammar (proper capitalization, comma placement) in your posts is a good sign.
EDIT2: In other forums, common names are grabbed early, regardless of whether it is 'cool' or not.

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Carrotlord said:
I still think it's extremely odd that people can still sign up as Misery or Doctor. Those names should have been grabbed early, but they're still available. :pignon2:
Captain Fabulous said:
we have never thought it is cool

:droll:

Also, taking someone of the other gender's name is kinda weird, so... hope you didn't do that.

And finally, weclom2frums.

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:32 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

And, uh...another thing.

How do I use avatars here?

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:50 AM

If you have ten posts seven days from now, you'll be avatar-enabled.

Jul 31, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Member Title

UltimateBalrog said:
Welcome to the forums.

Captain Fabulous said:
We don't have any rules against it, but lots of people have used names from the game and we have never thought it is cool.
:pignon2:

I've been trying to think of a new username, but coming up with usernames has never been my forte. (If anyone has suggestions, PM/VM me)

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Too bad, you're Cave Story forever now. Doesn't matter what you change your name to.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Member Title

Alas, this is what I feared/hoped.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM
inside is yello
"..."

Cookie's for anyone who knows where my username comes from.

(Not really, you can just Google it, plus I have no cookies:()

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"

Hi new here.

I liek Cave Story and Starcraft.

Just starting mah 3hp run. Can't wait to fight monster x! (or ma pignon).

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM
inside is yello
"..."

n30N said:
Hi new here.

I liek Cave Story and Starcraft.

Just starting mah 3hp run. Can't wait to fight monster x! (or ma pignon).

For your own good, I hope that bad grammar you used was for humor. If not... :muscledoc: