The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? topic.

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:35 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Welcome to the forums!

-SkyeWelse

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:56 AM
DanceFight
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Hello, I came to the forums through a Cave Story fan site. A game I recently found out about. -.-'

It's an awesome game though, it made me stop playing Xenosaga. A series that I love... Cause it's awesome. Anyhoo, that's about all...

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:20 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I came for the save point coding.

I stayed because Shining Phantom and Nator are awesome.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:31 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Welcome DanceFight and Tsura.

Glad you could make it. And Xenosaga is as you said, an awesome series. : )

-SkyeWelse

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:31 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Tsura said:
I came for the save point coding.

I stayed because Shining Phantom and Nator are awesome.

Thank you :D

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:37 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah I found the introductions, truely as the game it's like a lost cave in this forum *laughs*

Hello, my name D.Einder (Dee is fine thats my nickname).
I've played Cave Story when I heard it on GameHippo thought it was unique but it was in japanese so I erased it, then some link to a site had the translation to it so I figured "meh why not", so far it was my favorite game and I play it now in Feburary cause I miss the 8-bit music and adventuring.
I'm not a novice at games I am old school and I represent the old school with pride.

I still have my old games one is Alundra I keep clean every month or so. And Wild Arms 1 (no no the god-awful remake), Cave Story brung it back for me with it's cheerful graphics and wonderful characters, mines is however is Misery. Yeah she makes me laugh. Strange how I didn't know people love the game that much, was a bit timid about it but of course happy that it wasn't for just attention to gather people who never heard of it and just cosplay and toss opinons about it. I never found this forum on any of the forums you mention *laughs* would be nice if you add in option "surfing" cause thats how I found this place.

Well I'm glad I found this forum and I hope you allowed me in with positive response and welcome me, thank you.

Mar 26, 2007 at 1:59 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Nice to meet you D.Einder and it is always good to have another old school gaming fan. I'm something of a old school gamer myself and I really have an appreciation for classic games (like Xak and Ys) that unfortunately don't seem to grab a lot of attention these days since as many are left in the dust in shadow of games with amazing graphics on newer generation systems. This is why I currently have a big respect for Nintendo's Wii console as it promotes the re-introduction of several classic games, and hopefully oneday new ones such as the MSX system games that the United States and European PAL territories regions have never seen an official release of.

I'm a big fan of the original Wild Arms and Alundra myself, although I've been curious to play the new remake of number 1 even after hearing bad reviews about it.

If you still follow up with Alundra, you might be interested in checking out some of the prior posts and information in the 'Zen Gaming' forum section of the MiraiGamer Forum heirarchy. During a time when MG first opened and the administrators of Zen Gaming were still active, they really went into all sorts of detail on games such as Alundra, Shadow Hearts, Koudelka and Gallerians.

Well, enjoy your visit here at the forums!

-SkyeWelse

Mar 26, 2007 at 9:27 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks 'appreciate it.

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Hoxtilicious
D.Einder said:
Well I'm glad I found this forum and I hope you allowed me in with positive response and welcome me, thank you.

Oh, well allright then; Welcome to the forums! :D
umm...
Don't post trash :D

Hope you have a great time here. :D

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What do you mean by trash? just curious.

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:04 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That still didn't explaing much phantom, but hey I want to make friends not cause trouble so I'll watch carefully on waht I say then. <---unless this is what you mean by trash.

Mar 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I think Shining Phantom is commenting on something that I've been noticing as well D.Einder. We have a rule, well more of actually a guideline than anything else, that posts should have some substance to them. Otherwise a post just becomes something close to spam. Granted not every post that members make have substance, and several may every once in awhile kick back and make a spam comment, most members here make posts with content that either generates more discussion or adds something of value to the conversation at hand.

To put it simply, short-word, one sentence comments don't really do that and when so many of them are posted, they bump up several threads that perhaps didn't need to be bumped to the top of the forum because the short comments read off as being spam.

I think what Shining Phantom is trying to say is that you are welcome to join us in the forum discussions, but please just try and take care to make your posts have more than a few words so that they have some kind of content of substance or interest to the next reader in the topic at hand.

Does this make sense? If not I can try and explain it further.

-SkyeWelse

Mar 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM
Hoxtilicious
SkyeWelse said:
I think Shining Phantom is commenting on something that I've been noticing as well D.Einder. We have a rule, well more of actually a guideline than anything else, that posts should have some substance to them. Otherwise a post just becomes something close to spam. Granted not every post that members make have substance, and several may every once in awhile kick back and make a spam comment, most members here make posts with content that either generates more discussion or adds something of value to the conversation at hand.

To put it simply, short-word, one sentence comments don't really do that and when so many of them are posted, they bump up several threads that perhaps didn't need to be bumped to the top of the forum because the short comments read off as being spam.

Yeah, anyhow it was just a little reminder :D
But I think offtopic is ok as long as it's not extreme :D
But spam isn't nice.

Mar 31, 2007 at 10:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
SkyeWelse said:

I think what Shining Phantom is trying to say is that you are welcome to join us in the forum discussions, but please just try and take care to make your posts have more than a few words so that they have some kind of content of substance or interest to the next reader in the topic at hand.

Does this make sense? If not I can try and explain it further.

-SkyeWelse

Yeah it did.

May 15, 2007 at 4:15 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
'ello, I joined recently through the CS Tribute site. I can't promise that I can contribute anything really worthwhile, though.

...And yeah, that's my lame excuse of an introduction. >_>

May 15, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Welcome to the forums. : ) And don't worry about contributions, just have a good time.

-SkyeWelse

May 19, 2007 at 5:43 PM
Hoxtilicious
Kochou said:
'ello, I joined recently through the CS Tribute site. I can't promise that I can contribute anything really worthwhile, though.

...And yeah, that's my lame excuse of an introduction. >_>

SkyeWelse is right, aslong as you be nice :p
Just have fun :p

May 20, 2007 at 2:38 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hello. I'm here thanks to Cave Story. :p

May 20, 2007 at 2:39 AM
Hoxtilicious
Lamneth said:
Hello. I'm here thanks to Cave Story. :p

lol Cave Story isn't a person, you mean: Thanks to Pixel :p

Anyhow, welcome to the forums, be nice and have fun!