The Quote Parable

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:03 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello forum. (Yes, that's that's the best I can come up with :/) Today I had any idea of a hack that I thought would be pretty cool... I shall say it in math form first just for entertainment XD: Cave Story + The Stanley Parable = The Quote Parable! Bassicly, it would be The Stanley Parable in Cave Story. I'm not trying to force anyone to make the hack, I just wanted to share my ideas with someone! :D

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Potatoman314 said:
Hello forum. (Yes, that's that's the best I can come up with :/) Today I had any idea of a hack that I thought would be pretty cool... I shall say it in math form first just for entertainment XD: Cave Story + The Stanley Parable = The Quote Parable! Bassicly, it would be The Stanley Parable in Cave Story. I'm not trying to force anyone to make the hack, I just wanted to share my ideas with someone! :D
I hate to burst you bubble, but this is why we closed Ideas and Development, we get a bunch of ideas that will never see the light of day.

I'm already doing something kinda like this for my mod "Red Static" like it says in my sig (except it's more of CS + Stanley + sonic.exe + death story)

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:23 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Bombchu Link said:
I hate to burst you bubble, but this is why we closed Ideas and Development, we get a bunch of ideas that will never see the light of day.

I'm already doing something kinda like this for my mod "Red Static" like it says in my sig (except it's more of CS + Stanley + sonic.exe + death story)
So "Red Static" is most likely going to be the hardest, and scariest mod/game.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:48 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
ColdCallerloppy said:
So "Res Static" is most likely going to be the hardest, and scariest mod/game.
Yes, basically something like that.

I'm not going for super, super hard, but at least a 7/10 on the difficulty scale.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:27 PM
lol
Ok, I hope its a mod that keeps you going, rather then me just rage quieting.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
ColdCallerloppy said:
Ok, I hope its a mod that keeps you going, rather then me just rage quieting.
I really doubt anything aiming to replicate the concept of the Stanley Parable can make someone ragequit.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Offtopic part:
I recently played a (private/tester's only) demo of "Red Static", and I have to say with the small amount I've played, I think it's going to be great.

On topic:
Yeah, though it's fully possible (and particularly very easy) to create a humorous multi-branching story with a Narrator guiding you/playing off you, it wouldn't have the full impact as TSP does since you would have to stop to read the narrators remarks (instead of being able to hear them in audio as you move along).

And everyone who is making quality mod's have their own projects going on currently, with months on end of development and no time to work on an undeveloped idea of mashing two games together. I recommend you either make it yourself (it would be good practice in basic modding), or contact people individually who are willing to put things aside (who I'm pretty sure is only some younger fella's at the moment).

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM
lol
Nadojin said:
I really doubt anything aiming to replicate the concept of the Stanley Parable can make someone ragequit.
Well I've never played the Stanley Parable, so I don't know what its about.

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Nadojin said:
Well technically, anything aiming to replicate the concept of the Stanley Parable shouldn't have any difficulty at all, as the Stanley Parable did, but since he says it's a 7/10 for difficulty, it's perfectly possible. Not saying that it's a bad idea for Bombchu's mod, since he's clearly trying to add other concepts in.

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:21 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I told someone about this thread and they burst out laughing, 10/10

May 11, 2014 at 1:25 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I think this is a good idea. I was personally hoping someone else would come up with this. :mrgreen: