The NEW post your picture thread

Mar 26, 2015 at 5:01 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Dawn of a new day.
I know that I tend to get all pretentious and wordy when I do something that holds significance to me. I'll try to refrain from that a little this time, but I do feel that these deserve a little explanation. You're probably expecting me to post a Gardevoir picture or something, and that's okay because I would expect that too, but I assure you that isn't the case. I've been planning to do this for months now. c:

I don't have much confidence in how I look, and I often objectively don't look good at all due to some lingering bad habits that I've been trying to get over. There has been a grand total of two pictures in the past year that I think I look anywhere near okay in.

diph.php

This one was taken January 25th this year. I had to brighten it up a bit because it was so dark, but for once I thought my hair came out fluffy and nice. I'm not smiling in the picture because I usually don't, but I was feeling happy inside. You can't see my rubber bracelets in these pictures because of my sleeves, but I'm always wearing them as the only distinctive accessory I have. It's also very apparent that I haven't gotten much of a haircut in between these two, but I'm getting one soon - hopefully it turns out decent. Anyway...

diph.php

This one was taken...March 25th of this year. Otherwise known as yesterday and the day before my birthday. Surprise, I wear glasses, and I've required them for half a decade now. I spent the last year or two not wearing any due to various shenanigans, but that won't be the case anymore. Those glasses are red, but that can't easily be seen - I still really like them, though. I got them just yesterday, in fact, after a month of waiting, and I'm really happy to have a reliable pair of glasses again. I actually managed a decent smile and a cute (to me) pose for the first time in my life, so this is probably the best picture that I'm going to have of myself for a long time. I'm a little proud about that. c:

I'm sharing this because I've been a part of this forum for 2 years now, and I've known some of you for quite a while. I think you deserve to know what I generally look like. So yeah. Thank you. ~w~

Mar 26, 2015 at 5:45 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
polaris you look the bomb dot com
and also good job on doing hair right

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You look a lot different than I imagined, but you look awesome O:

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:02 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Um, I do beg your pardon if this sounds rude in any way, but is it difficult doing day-to-day activities without any depth perception?

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:05 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Nice pictures, Polaris! I definitely don't know what I expected you to look like, but you're rockin a pretty neat style. I'd say the glasses compliment your look.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Kablam.

TheBoringMe.jpg

Behold how boring I am.

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:10 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
...Well I have absolutely no idea how to use dropbox, so I can't figure out how to publicly share images.

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:12 PM
thinks dogs are cool
upload it to imgur

also i guess i could share a photo later cause i'm sure i haven't yet

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Mar 26, 2015 at 4:23 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Many comments. o.o
Paths said:
polaris you look the bomb dot com
and also good job on doing hair right
Oh, thank you. Do keep in mind that this was the absolute best that I could do, though, my hair is usually a lot worse because I don't know how to properly maintain it. D:

duncathan said:
Damn that second picture is nice

If you dyed your hair green and smiled you would look exactly as I imagined
That is, like a gardevoir
Thanks, Dunc :>
Believe it or not I'm actually perfectly happy with black/dark brown hair and don't have any plans to dye it, but who knows what will happen in the future.

Doors said:
You look a lot different than I imagined, but you look awesome O:
2 years with barely any indication of what I look like will do that, I guess! Still, thank you very much, Doors! :3

IdioticBaka1824 said:
Um, I do beg your pardon if this sounds rude in any way, but is it difficult doing day-to-day activities without any depth perception?
It's a perfectly valid question and I've gotten it many times, don't worry. It's a lot easier than you'd expect to see through all that hair - easy enough that I survived months with hair constantly blocking my left eye while not wearing any glasses. =o

Tpcool said:
Nice pictures, Polaris! I definitely don't know what I expected you to look like, but you're rockin a pretty neat style. I'd say the glasses compliment your look.
I'd say so, too! I prefer my hair in my face because I don't really like it, and glasses kind of help frame it as well. Hopefully they'll also help some random strangers be a little less afraid of me, but that's a story for another day. Thanks, Tpcool :)

TheVinylCheese said:
Kablam.
TheBoringMe.jpg

Behold how boring I am.
You have nice eyes!

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:42 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
It's hard to explain.. but when you know a person as an avatar, a random picture, they seem more.... mysterious..

This guy explains it better than me..
This is why I don't post a picture of myself. Because once I do, something is lost. You're no longer free of attachment of others' opinions, now all that you do, all the ideas that come from this forum name are limited, tied to this one picture.
...Anyway, that being said, I'm not going to look at any of your pictures. It ruins the "feel" of these forums, in a way.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:13 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Anuken said:
...Anyway, that being said, I'm not going to look at any of your pictures. It ruins the "feel" of these forums, in a way.
Fuck you I'm gonna change my avatar to a picture of my face and message you every day. Mysterious my nuts.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:15 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Fuck you I'm gonna change my avatar to a picture of my face and message you every day. Mysterious my nuts.
You monster (◕︵◕)

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:31 PM
thinks dogs are cool
p107103-0-oujwzkj.png

alternatively,
p107103-1-lnyulb4.png

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:11 AM
Beakface
TheVinylCheese said:
Kablam.

TheBoringMe.jpg

Behold how boring I am.
It's amazing how much your picture matches one of your earlier avatars. Perfection.
Polaris said:
Dawn of a new day.
I know that I tend to get all pretentious and wordy when I do something that holds significance to me. I'll try to refrain from that a little this time, but I do feel that these deserve a little explanation. You're probably expecting me to post a Gardevoir picture or something, and that's okay because I would expect that too, but I assure you that isn't the case. I've been planning to do this for months now. c:

I don't have much confidence in how I look, and I often objectively don't look good at all due to some lingering bad habits that I've been trying to get over. There has been a grand total of two pictures in the past year that I think I look anywhere near okay in.

diph.php

This one was taken January 25th this year. I had to brighten it up a bit because it was so dark, but for once I thought my hair came out fluffy and nice. I'm not smiling in the picture because I usually don't, but I was feeling happy inside. You can't see my rubber bracelets in these pictures because of my sleeves, but I'm always wearing them as the only distinctive accessory I have. It's also very apparent that I haven't gotten much of a haircut in between these two, but I'm getting one soon - hopefully it turns out decent. Anyway...

diph.php

This one was taken...March 25th of this year. Otherwise known as yesterday and the day before my birthday. Surprise, I wear glasses, and I've required them for half a decade now. I spent the last year or two not wearing any due to various shenanigans, but that won't be the case anymore. Those glasses are red, but that can't easily be seen - I still really like them, though. I got them just yesterday, in fact, after a month of waiting, and I'm really happy to have a reliable pair of glasses again. I actually managed a decent smile and a cute (to me) pose for the first time in my life, so this is probably the best picture that I'm going to have of myself for a long time. I'm a little proud about that. c:

I'm sharing this because I've been a part of this forum for 2 years now, and I've known some of you for quite a while. I think you deserve to know what I generally look like. So yeah. Thank you. ~w~
Woo Polaris that lighting in the second picture looks great. You look nice, too. A little shy too, for some reason, but it's probably just the angle.

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:47 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
is it time for all of us to comment on pictures people posted because that's what it looks like
Polaris said:
Dawn of a new day.
diph.php

diph.php

You look cute
Does that sound weird because I'm sorry
TheVinylCheese said:
Kablam.
TheBoringMe.jpg

Behold how boring I am.
You look normal
That's good I guess
Captain Fabulous said:
you truly live up to your name
Obonga said:
that's four in a row with glasses whoa
is this some kind of conspiracy
Paths said:
p107103-0-oujwzkj.png
alternatively,
p107103-1-lnyulb4.png
you look terrifying in the first one
in the second one you look a lot like my extremely obnoxious 9 year old neighbor
just an observation you look pretty cool i guess