This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
G. freemaan said:
So the core provides positive energy.
Um, yeah. That's the point here.

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Banned
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
So if Ballos was killed before the core then wouldnt the island rise into space thus suffucating all life on the island?

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:50 PM
This Troper
The core surely had some sort of regulator that kept its positive energy equal to the negative energy. It's not that hard, we do that kind of regulation in real life, too.

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Banned
T-Jack said:
The core surely had some sort of regulator that kept its positive energy equal to the negative energy.

I think otherwise.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Wouldn't a balance of positive and negative energy make it neutral and just make it fall?

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Banned
no. the balance makes it float. negitive energy makes it fall. positive energy makes it rise.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:21 PM
This Troper
Mar 22, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Banned
Mar 22, 2009 at 9:32 PM
This Troper
G. freemaan said:
wh-what do you mean?
It's an English idiom (at least Uncle Google says it is) and it means "It is better to act cautiously beforehand than to suffer afterward."

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Banned
T-Jack said:
It's an English idiom (at least Uncle Google says it is) and it means "It is better to act cautiously beforehand than to suffer afterward."

I know suffering. a little more wouldnt hurt.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:40 PM
This Troper
G. freemaan said:
I know suffering. a little more wouldnt hurt.
Do you mean "a little more suffering" as in "suffocating in outer space"?

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Banned
T-Jack said:
Do you mean "a little more suffering" as in "suffocating in outer space"?

Now that would REALLY help.

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: he/him
G. freemaan said:
no. the balance makes it float. negitive energy makes it fall. positive energy makes it rise.
I think you forgot that gravity usually tips the scale towards falling.

The core keeps Ballos' power in check to stop the island from falling. Something else makes the island float.

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Banned
Jenka probably cast a spell that nullifies the effects of gravity on the island.

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
G. freemaan said:
Jenka probably cast a spell that nullifies the effects of gravity on the island.
Gravity still exists, else everything on the island would float as well.

MetaSeraphim said:
That maybe the form he chose to take after releasing all his power, why he would choose a giant ball I don't know.
Why not? What's wrong with creating a giant stone shield and throwing boulders when the room is made of stone? That's resourcefulness.

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Banned
thats what i ment. THE ISLAND not the people on the island. perhaps i wasnt specific enough...one of my faults.

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:38 AM
/end
andwhyisit said:
Why not? What's wrong with creating a giant stone shield and throwing boulders when the room is made of stone? That's resourcefulness.

See.

MetaSeraphim said:
A ball isn't really that bad of a form to take.

This.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:56 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
freezit4 said:
And Electricity? Just who the hell.

The core. Think about it. There's a huge area with water going up and down.

Moving that much water... a lot of energy there. Clearly the core defenses were installed by an earlier human exploration force who had three objectives

A) Study the core
B) Use the core as a power source
C) Use the core chamber as a base for exploring the island.

How does the water move? The core's locked in an endless struggle with Ballos, balancing the island between falling and floating, so the water's used as an inertial sink to avoid causing the island to tremble when their power outputs aren't exactly the same.

The plantation's light comes from a series of holes in the side of the island. Since it's underneath the overhang of the island, using the rocket to go out that way is impractical due to lack of steering. Kazuma shows up after you enter the final cave and does a shuttle service with his dragon to GET TO THE CHOPPER. The ability to go into small entrances along the edges, land, and explore the interior of the cave is why they were breeding dragons to begin with.

Most of the light in the explored areas comes from durable lighting rigs set up by human explorers and robotic units, powered by water fluctuations in the core chamber (even when the core's undead, it's still performing its function). Obviously there's some sort of battery rig to smooth out the power supply over time - it continues functioning over the course of the normal end, which is why we can still see things.

Areas like the first cave are explored with radar mapping (note how they're monochrome). Particularly threatening things (such as spikes) are highlighted on quote's HUD in order to make them easier to avoid.

The final cave is lit by the lava, Sacred Grounds is glowing from the intense heat created by Ballos going nuts. Good thing robots are equipped to handle such extreme conditions, eh?

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Slife said:
The core. Think about it. There's a huge area with water going up and down.
Tides are caused by a gravitational pull. Though what we are seeing has nothing to with gravity, or the floating of the island, but more to do with the way the core floats.

Slife said:
Moving that much water... a lot of energy there. Clearly the core defenses were installed by an earlier human exploration force who had three objectives

A) Study the core
B) Use the core as a power source
C) Use the core chamber as a base for exploring the island.
Agreed.

Slife said:
The plantation's light comes from a series of holes in the side of the island. Since it's underneath the overhang of the island, using the rocket to go out that way is impractical due to lack of steering. Kazuma shows up after you enter the final cave and does a shuttle service with his dragon to GET TO THE CHOPPER. The ability to go into small entrances along the edges, land, and explore the interior of the cave is why they were breeding dragons to begin with.
I personally think that the bioluminescent organism idea was more likely.

Slife said:
Most of the light in the explored areas comes from durable lighting rigs set up by human explorers and robotic units, powered by water fluctuations in the core chamber (even when the core's undead, it's still performing its function). Obviously there's some sort of battery rig to smooth out the power supply over time - it continues functioning over the course of the normal end, which is why we can still see things.
With egg corridor and the core room this is possible.

Slife said:
Areas like the first cave are explored with radar mapping (note how they're monochrome). Particularly threatening things (such as spikes) are highlighted on quote's HUD in order to make them easier to avoid.
I don't think Quote is a suitable receiver for radar. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but you cannot identify spikes in radar. Radar would bounce back on an object and will assume that everything behind it is solid. Plus you will only get back one colour representing solid objects with varying tints representing distance. Not to mention the questions about whether mapping water is possible.

Back