The Mimiga Army

Jun 26, 2010 at 3:22 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I'm stuck at Ballos. Gonna rape him tomorrow.

Jun 26, 2010 at 3:57 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
My lazy ass review on the final release

Most of the level design was pretty good. Glad you eased up on the Insta'death spikes a little.

The final boss fight was actually pretty interesting with the changed layout. The insta-death spikes only killed me twice, and being succumbed to the platform without a missile launcher made it actually more challenging.

HOWEVER

Using the ballos boss THREE TIMES for the second ending is downright lazy to me, and really pointless. Plus, the story never really ends, it just randomly goes to the credits.

Another complaint, a massive lack of story. There are hardly any cutscenes at all in the entire mod, which leaves a very open, undetailed story. Plus, I'm not even sure what happened in the end, it just randomly went to the credits and I was lke O.o

Oh and the final golem is actually glitched in the first form, he can dash sideways but get stuck at a spot where there's a bit of wall. on the ground, allowing for Blade spammage. And form 3's falling skulls are still skulls, not your resprites. (Slap whoever was beta testing this xD)

All in all, decent mod, definitely worth playing.

Jun 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Shadow the Past said:
My lazy ass review on the final release

Most of the level design was pretty good. Glad you eased up on the Insta'death spikes a little.

The final boss fight was actually pretty interesting with the changed layout. The insta-death spikes only killed me twice, and being succumbed to the platform without a missile launcher made it actually more challenging.

HOWEVER

Using the ballos boss THREE TIMES for the second ending is downright lazy to me, and really pointless. Plus, the story never really ends, it just randomly goes to the credits.

Another complaint, a massive lack of story. There are hardly any cutscenes at all in the entire mod, which leaves a very open, undetailed story. Plus, I'm not even sure what happened in the end, it just randomly went to the credits and I was lke O.o

Oh and the final golem is actually glitched in the first form, he can dash sideways but get stuck at a spot where there's a bit of wall. on the ground, allowing for Blade spammage. And form 3's falling skulls are still skulls, not your resprites. (Slap whoever was beta testing this xD)

All in all, decent mod, definitely worth playing.

All of this was intended.... >.>;

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM
sixtyseconds said:
All of this was intended.... >.>;

Intended or not, it's still a complaint.

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM
inactive user
Incidentally, my postcount just fell about 20.

WHAT THE HELL?

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM
sixtyseconds said:
Incidentally, my postcount just fell about 20.

WHAT THE HELL?

Maybe a thread got deleted?

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Pirate Member
It's back to normal now, sixtyseconds.

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
the mimiga army sucks

this mod is serious crap

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM
Keep on trollin newfag

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Banned
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Shadow the Past said:
Keep on trollin newfag

No, he's correct. This mod is rushed and the story is delivered poorly. Maybe if Sixty seconds didn't focus on spamming death spikes everywhere he could have thought of a better way to introduce the story. I mean, the opening is bull crap, and later it seems like "MY FIST MOD-by Jimmy, age 12".

Seriously, stop defending this mod.

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well I beat it, and I guess I'll say what's been said before:
-Death spikes do not a mod make
-Reusing a boss 3 times (ballos) is not really good either
-platforming was ok, but would've been a bit better without the pits of death
-story felt kinda absent halfway through, it was like you had an idea for a story but then dropped it

So overall it's not the worst I've played, but nowhere near the best.

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM
UltimaLink said:
No, he's correct. This mod is rushed and the story is delivered poorly. Maybe if Sixty seconds didn't focus on spamming death spikes everywhere he could have thought of a better way to introduce the story. I mean, the opening is bull crap, and later it seems like "MY FIST MOD-by Jimmy, age 12".

Seriously, stop defending this mod.

Firstly, Sonichu probably hasn't even downloaded the original cave story. He's just trolling randomly.

Secondly, while this mod isn't exactly a masterpiece, at least it was tolerable enough to play.

Some of the platforming and concepts got a little better later on, but the reuse of the Ballos boss fight doesn't add anything to the game, and hardly constitutes as a second ending.

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:31 AM
Pirate Member
It was a bit rushed in certain places, I guess he could've added a few random mimigas or Abert's comments that had no significance other than just being there.

What's up with all the crappy new users lately...

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM
Banned
WoodenRat said:
It was a bit rushed in certain places, I guess he could've added a few random mimigas or Abert's comments that had no significance other than just being there.

What's up with all the crappy new users lately...

Sonichu isn't new actually, not telling you who it is because I would get destroyed, but.

And I'm not, just been lurking for a long time. But I've decided to stop being a pussy and just post. Don't like it? Haters gonna hate.

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:31 AM
Pirate Member
UltimaLink said:
Sonichu isn't new actually, not telling you who it is because I would get destroyed, but.

And I'm not, just been lurking for a long time. But I've decided to stop being a pussy and just post. Don't like it? Haters gonna hate.

Let's not get offtopic.

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:02 PM
inactive user
Let's put it this way:

Make a better mod than mine or shut the fuck up.

SERIOUSLY. Unless you can best me in modmaking, I am still better than you. Don't complain about what you could never understand.

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Pirate Member
Well I've just finished your mod, the hardest part was the first Ballos fight. Man it took me at least 10 tries to finish it. However the last secret fight wasn't hard at all, because you could move freely and had five extra lifepoints. For some reason I took no damage in the spike level and managed to make it on my first try with ease. It was a fun mod to play. The best part was probably the plantation and right after you land.

Also spoiler alert there are three Ballos fights.

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM
Banned
sixtyseconds said:
Let's put it this way:

SERIOUSLY. Unless you can best me in modmaking, I am still better than you. Don't complain about what you could never understand.
Nice copout reply. Sorry I'm not rushing mine and spamming spikes everywhere.

Also I understand it perfectly. You don't know who I am and what I am doing so how about YOU shut the fuck up.

Seriously, how about you learn from your mistakes.

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:26 PM
sixtyseconds said:
Let's put it this way:

Just because I can't make a game like Sonic 2006 (for those unaware, it was probably THE worst game made by Sega) doesn't mean I have no right to say it was the shittiest game ever.

Our abilities in mod-making don't justify whether or not we can criticize your mod. Just learn from your mistakes and try again.