The Game Of Groans

Jun 13, 2018 at 5:03 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The rules are simple:

1. Make Dad jokes.

That's all!

Jun 13, 2018 at 5:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
Forum-inute there I thought this was going to be a serious thread.

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:18 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
The Game of Groans is like the game of thrones, except it's less throne-y, and more groan-y.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:20 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If neither this thread or Game of Thrones are that entertaining, then would you call it Game of Thorns?

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:08 PM
If neither this thread or Game of Thrones are that entertaining, then would you call it Game of Thorns?

Of course.

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:48 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 3:30 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I tried doing a thread like this before, it died quickly RIP.

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:40 PM
I tried doing a thread like this before, it died quickly RIP.

This one won't die if we all make dad jokes!

Okay, that sounded really Really dumb. :p

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:14 AM
Jun 16, 2018 at 10:18 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
How many apples grow on a tree?

All of them

nice thread

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:42 PM
Jun 17, 2018 at 12:40 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
The protagonist walks into a bar and does nothing.

In his hands, a script which reads:

Man: One double entendre, please.

But the protagonist doesn't read from the script. The protagonist declines to protagon.

The bartender saunters over and prompts: "what'll it be," but the protagonist only turns away.

The script falls limply from the protagonist's fingers onto the floor.

Years pass. No one else comes, no one leaves. The bartender looks around at his mostly empty bar and realizes that the setting and characters only exist in service of a punchline which the protagonist's radical act of refusal has indefinitely deferred.

The bartender pleads: "Please, spare me from this limbo. Get this man a double entendre".

But he doesn't get it.

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:27 AM
The protagonist walks into a bar and does nothing.

In his hands, a script which reads:

But the protagonist doesn't read from the script. The protagonist declines to protagon.

The bartender saunters over and prompts: "what'll it be," but the protagonist only turns away.

The script falls limply from the protagonist's fingers onto the floor.

Years pass. No one else comes, no one leaves. The bartender looks around at his mostly empty bar and realizes that the setting and characters only exist in service of a punchline which the protagonist's radical act of refusal has indefinitely deferred.

The bartender pleads: "Please, spare me from this limbo. Get this man a double entendre".

But he doesn't get it.

What...?

Could you...explain that to me?

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:40 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
What...?

Could you...explain that to me?

So, in RPGs, you can refuse to move the story on by not advancing any text box that pops up. If this happens, the world will be on an indefinite loop, until you choose to advance that text box.

Basically, this is the bartender "double entendre" joke, but takes place in a RPG with a procrastinating protagonist.

In this situation, the protagonist just drops their script with the joke on it and stands there for years. This symbolizes their refusal to advance the joke in the metaphorical text box, and therefore the story. After years, the bartender gets fed up and pleads them to advance the joke, but they still refuse. This is why the protagonist never gets the double entendre.

At least, that is what I can gather from this.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 1:44 AM
So, in RPGs, you can refuse to move the story on by not advancing any text box that pops up. If this happens, the world will be on an indefinite loop, until you choose to advance that text box.

Basically, this is the bartender "double entendre" joke, but takes place in a RPG with a procrastinating protagonist.

In this situation, the protagonist just drops their script with the joke on it and stands there for years. This symbolizes their refusal to advance the joke in the metaphorical text box, and therefore the story. After years, the bartender gets fed up and pleads them to advance the joke, but they still refuse. This is why the protagonist never gets the double entendre.

At least, that is what I can gather from this.

Oh, okay, I understand now.

Funny joke, Enlightened.

May 30, 2020 at 8:31 PM
"Huzzah!"
Lets have a bad thread and a bad start to match
70% of puns would be an excellent example
Good jokes aren't allowed
I'll start: 「」
That's the joke (Also an excellent example)
Also I'll just end this thread if it already exists

Edit by DT: Move'd

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 18, 2022 at 4:07 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Game of stupid scenario makers, that's what I call this tv show. Yes, you can say that the first season was good, and I agree, but the last 3 seasons were very bad, especially how they connected all character lines. In my opinion, the game was much better. In the game, devs tried to follow books and didn't try to follow the scenario from TV shows. I hope someone will make the full MMORPG game in the GameOfThrones universe. I like playing the MMORPGs and enjoy the atmosphere with other players. Also, I like that you can sell any of your money or items from those games to other players using platforms like yesgamers.com.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 7:18 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay, I'm gonna need you to read the entire thread and then reflect on what you just said.