The first two crown holders.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
A cat, a crocodile, a monkey, a doctor...a weird company.
I wanted to write philosophical speculation here, but even the idea bored myself enough to reconsider lol

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:06 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Here's two of my (probably impossible) theories.

(1) The first three Demon Crown wearers were mutated by the Crown's twisted power. Fuyuhiko Date, the fourth wearer, didn't wear it long enough to be mutated into a human/animal hybrid, but he mutated because of the Red Crystal when he was defeated by Quote the first time.

(2) The first one was a normal cat who tried to put the crown on somehow, and when he did, he transformed into a human/cat hybrid. The second one was an alligator/human hybrid who sought power to take over the world and turn everyone into crocodiles, but he failed somehow.

(EDITED to fix something, I was hurrying due to a power outage being schedules for 11:30 PM in South Africa)

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
My theory is that since we have rabbit people it is not unlikely that there are also lizard people, ape people, and cat people as well.

Maybe they have their own floating islands, and this is pixel hinting at cave stories 2, 3, and 4?

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Based Member
Okay, first off, I thought it was pretty obviously implied that Miakid is a human.
In the AGTP translation:
Curly Brace said:
Finally, one man got the ODemon CrownO in his possession.
In the NICALiS translation as well:
Curly Brace said:
And finally, one man seized the Demon Crown.

Miakid was clearly a human. And remember that his usurpation of the crown took place only ten years prior to the events of Cave Story. I get the feeling some of you were just goofing around, but some of you didn't sound sarcastic enough for my taste, so I just wanted to clarify this. The only reason Miakid looks the way he does in his statue is because he's obviously underwent some physical alterations as a result of the crown. The first two bearers, I don't know, but we know for sure that Miakid is a human. Also, never check up on the Cave Story wiki for info. That is the absolute worst wiki I have ever seen before. The list of reasons why it's so awful goes on and on. I plan on taking the reins and revamping it some day, but that won't be for a while.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
@Shane The doctor mutated because of the red crystal, not the crown.
Miakid doesn't look to weird to me, he looks like a short guy with a sword.(He does remind me of a dwarf)

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
Okay, first off, I thought it was pretty obviously implied that Miakid is a human.
In the AGTP translation:
In the NICALiS translation as well:

Miakid was clearly a human. And remember that his usurpation of the crown took place only ten years prior to the events of Cave Story. I get the feeling some of you were just goofing around, but some of you didn't sound sarcastic enough for my taste, so I just wanted to clarify this. The only reason Miakid looks the way he does in his statue is because he's obviously underwent some physical alterations as a result of the crown. The first two bearers, I don't know, but we know for sure that Miakid is a human. Also, never check up on the Cave Story wiki for info. That is the absolute worst wiki I have ever seen before. The list of reasons why it's so awful goes on and on. I plan on taking the reins and revamping it some day, but that won't be for a while.

I never doubted that Miakid was human, but I am not 100% on the others. I think they're in the same boat as me, though.

He is a pretty big guy.

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
My theory is that since we have rabbit people it is not unlikely that there are also lizard people, ape people, and cat people as well.

Maybe they have their own floating islands, and this is pixel hinting at cave stories 2, 3, and 4?
Debug cat stands on two legs and talks, maybe he is the last survivor of the cat people?(Though he was never included in the final release)

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM
The Eternal Darkness
[offtopic]
@Shane The doctor mutated because of the red crystal, not the crown. Miakid doesn't look to weird to me, he looks like a short guy with a sword.(He does remind me of a dwarf)
Yeah, I was a bit in a hurry because I wanted to finish the post before a power outage was triggered.
[/offtopic]

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Debug cat is the avatar of lord high Pixel. There is only one debug cat.

I'm pretty sure that debug cat was there to tell beta testers when they ran out of game.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Miakid is indeed human and I never said he's a monkey.
He just looks like one, and it's not unheard that people can look like monkeys.