The Cave Story Transcription Project v2

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:31 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Aar said:
May I make a suggestion?

I looked at your download's file structure, and noticed that it's pretty large.
I think it'd be a good idea to provide links to download different parts, like this:

-Download the ORG Viewer
-Download the mod
-Download the ORGs
-Download all

It'd help people get directly to what they want, and make the process a whole lot easier.
Of course, you don't have to do this, I just thought it'd be nifty.
If I wanted to post four different uploads and zip four different file groups every time I made an update, I would do that. But yes, that is a good idea, for someone who has a whole lot of time and patience. I have the time, not the patience.

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:45 AM
scrungy
SuperJaws100 said:
If I wanted to post four different uploads and zip four different file groups every time I made an update, I would do that. But yes, that is a good idea, for someone who has a whole lot of time and patience. I have the time, not the patience.
I completely understand how tedious and repetitive this can be.
Also, I have one more small suggestion:
The screenshot of the mod's title screen reveals that ClearType was used when typing "Transcripted."
I think you'll be able to improve the quality through a font that looks good without ClearType nor antialiasing.
For example, here's what it looks like with the font used in Cave Story+:
p204356-0-meelzvt.png
(This suggestion was originally an edit to my other post I thought you wouldn't see)

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:56 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
SuperJaws100 said:
Thank you SO MUCH for not putting in another, "Wow, look, one point of poor grammar." post. One more of those and this thread might get locked for being off-topic.
the mods aren't such dicks that they'll lock your thread because people corrected grammar
TLincoln said:
speaking of which there should be a comma between "project" and "do"

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:01 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
is nobody going to explain to me what this mod is about

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:25 AM
War criminal
Okay, so far, I'm at the start room in the Labyrinth. And all I can really do right now is ask this: Is this meant to be a Cave Story: Final Mix, but other than just bonus features, there are also cheats and music?

Here's my log on where I am right now.
*Note: This was all written on Notepad, some words may be rephrased a bit, the pictures are added for some parts.*

I honestly am a bit confused by Arthur's spirit being corrupted by the virus bugs. I wonder how he would've looked like when he
wasn't corrupted...

Tower of Time
p204359-0-3zhsv8s.png

I know I've heard the song that plays there before. I can't remember what it's called.

So I got the Map Item just so I can see how the level layout looks and...you hack the Map Item to load like it's on dialup?

You know, with the Grasstown music and how OP Quote is right now, it really reminds me of Abridged Story and Story Changed
(two dead mods I made a long time ago).

p204359-1-zehqwvq.png

Labyrinth M hidden room, I already got the Charcoal when getting the Jellyfish Juice for Chaco's fireplace *wink wink*, but an extra charcoal won't hurt! No, really, it doesn't add another charcoal to your inventory. I would say something about adding an event flag if you already did get the Charcoal and Jellyfish Juice before coming here, but that'll be redundant because everybody else has read this by now, making the suggestion useless.

As soon as I heard the Sand Zone music, all I can think of is Doukutsumon.

Okay, so Quote will be even more OP if I trade the Polar Star for the Machine Gun, but I don't wanna explore the Tower of
Time just yet. Also, I want the double Spur.

Did you choose the Pokemon theme for Sand Zone just because the Baby Polishes look like beige Koffings?

I knew there would be a room for the Puppies after the Grasstown Fetch Quest room in the Labyrinth.
p204359-2-gjbskvd.png

So far, with this room added in, I've checked the chest in Sand Zone to see if there are any bugs involved with this room, you're clean. After the fetch quest, I did see the other spots where the other dogs would be and...you're still clean.

Darth Doctor. I can really see that because of the Demon Crown.

Right now, because I'm very much playing the main game, I can't really provide much feedback, as you're pretty much clean so far with the secret rooms, and Cave Story is still being Cave Story.

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:33 AM
Perpetually out of it
It's really just a nitpick, but why is the game in a subfolder within the main download folder? Wouldn't it be easier to just have the game and the rest of the files (excluding the ORGs) in the same folder?

You've come a long way from someone proclaiming it was "physically impossible" for you to create music.

Digging the LotR/Hobbit music
Not sure if it's fitting for a title theme but it's still nice
Firefly might be more appropriate for the Outer Wall, but that's your choice
Sounds like you transribed the GB version of Green greens which, while it isn't bad by any means, there are definitely more meaty renditions out there
Some instruments in imperial March could probably benfit from being an octave lower
I could provide an alternate version of the Teen Titans theme to transcribe, if you're interested

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:34 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
You should feel honored Jaws, I'm about to break my shitposting spree just to talk about your mod.

I'm gonna make this relatively simple. If you're making a mod, make something new. I don't want to play Cave Story again. I've already played Cave Story. Making me play it again just to get to 3 new areas isn't fun. Why would I want to play Cave Story again, but with the BGM changed? I get that you added new areas, a new boss fight and things like that. But When 80% of the mod is the Original Game, why would I play it instead of just listening to your music?

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:34 AM
Aar said:
I completely understand how tedious and repetitive this can be.
Also, I have one more small suggestion:
The screenshot of the mod's title screen reveals that ClearType was used when typing "Transcripted."
I think you'll be able to improve the quality through a font that looks good without ClearType nor antialiasing.
For example, here's what it looks like with the font used in Cave Story+:
p204356-0-meelzvt.png
(This suggestion was originally an edit to my other post I thought you wouldn't see)
How do I turn ClearType (whatever the hell that is) and/or antialiasing (I know what that is) off?

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:38 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
uh, ClearType affects how text is rendered on your screen, not how it's written to a document/image. I'm pretty sure you can't 'turn it off' to get non-aliased text. That depends on the rasterizer in the software you're using. Use a bitmapped font or disable text AA in your drawing program. Which if it's not Paint.NET, you're on your own for.

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:10 AM
bobbyis said:
You should feel honored Jaws, I'm about to break my shitposting spree just to talk about your mod.

I'm gonna make this relatively simple. If you're making a mod, make something new. I don't want to play Cave Story again. I've already played Cave Story. Making me play it again just to get to 3 new areas isn't fun. Why would I want to play Cave Story again, but with the BGM changed? I get that you added new areas, a new boss fight and things like that. But When 80% of the mod is the Original Game, why would I play it instead of just listening to your music?
The point was that it wasn't originally a partial-edit. The point was that I was forcing some people to listen to the ORGs in context, because it took me a year and a day to find decent enough fits for all of them. In fact, unless people find huge game breaking glitches, I probably won't update this. I'm going to start on a little gauntlet-type Challenge mod pretty soon, and then I'm going to start transcribing Kero Blaster music to ORG. All of it.
TLincoln said:
Okay, so far, I'm at the start room in the Labyrinth. And all I can really do right now is ask this: Is this meant to be a Cave Story: Final Mix, but other than just bonus features, there are also cheats and music?

Here's my log on where I am right now.
*Note: This was all written on Notepad, some words may be rephrased a bit, the pictures are added for some parts.*

I honestly am a bit confused by Arthur's spirit being corrupted by the virus bugs. I wonder how he would've looked like when he
wasn't corrupted...

Tower of Time
p204359-0-3zhsv8s.png

I know I've heard the song that plays there before. I can't remember what it's called.

So I got the Map Item just so I can see how the level layout looks and...you hack the Map Item to load like it's on dialup?

You know, with the Grasstown music and how OP Quote is right now, it really reminds me of Abridged Story and Story Changed
(two dead mods I made a long time ago).

p204359-1-zehqwvq.png

Labyrinth M hidden room, I already got the Charcoal when getting the Jellyfish Juice for Chaco's fireplace *wink wink*, but an extra charcoal won't hurt! No, really, it doesn't add another charcoal to your inventory. I would say something about adding an event flag if you already did get the Charcoal and Jellyfish Juice before coming here, but that'll be redundant because everybody else has read this by now, making the suggestion useless.

As soon as I heard the Sand Zone music, all I can think of is Doukutsumon.

Okay, so Quote will be even more OP if I trade the Polar Star for the Machine Gun, but I don't wanna explore the Tower of
Time just yet. Also, I want the double Spur.

Did you choose the Pokemon theme for Sand Zone just because the Baby Polishes look like beige Koffings?

I knew there would be a room for the Puppies after the Grasstown Fetch Quest room in the Labyrinth.
p204359-2-gjbskvd.png

So far, with this room added in, I've checked the chest in Sand Zone to see if there are any bugs involved with this room, you're clean. After the fetch quest, I did see the other spots where the other dogs would be and...you're still clean.

Darth Doctor. I can really see that because of the Demon Crown.

Right now, because I'm very much playing the main game, I can't really provide much feedback, as you're pretty much clean so far with the secret rooms, and Cave Story is still being Cave Story.
Yeah... the focus was mainly on getting you to hear all of the ORGs in context. That's why there are so many "shortcuts" because it's trying to speed you through the game.

Also, I strongly suggest exploring the Tower of Time. Try talking to the angel on the bottom floor. The reason I say this is because the tower is not available after the Egg Corridor explodes, and then even when you're able to access it again later on, you'll lose the ability to talk to the beings inside.
Noxid said:
uh, ClearType affects how text is rendered on your screen, not how it's written to a document/image. I'm pretty sure you can't 'turn it off' to get non-aliased text. That depends on the rasterizer in the software you're using. Use a bitmapped font or disable text AA in your drawing program. Which if it's not Paint.NET, you're on your own for.
OH dear. Just downloaded Paint.NET and I have no idea what I'm doing. It's got similar tools to MS Paint but it certainly does not work the same way. I'll have to screw around with it more tomorrow.

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:40 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Noxid said:
is nobody going to explain to me what this mod is about
I feel the same way

also.. this is bringing back some memories...

Sent by SuperJaws100 on 13 March 2015 - 03:12 PM
Hello, I'm SuperJaws100. Mildly new here. In any case, I just noticed your released Dreams of Reality hacks, and was wondering how to use them. I know how to apply them, but I don't know what ANP's to use, what number each NPC would have, how to work them in Booster's Lab, or how to get them onto a spritesheet so that they work. Would copying your spritesheets from DoR and repainting/renaming them as needed work?
Sent By Bombchu Link on 13 March 2015 - 08:29 PM
Learn to mod and use the doukutsu assember.

Then come back

Kudos~
Sent By SuperJaws100 on 14 March 2015 - 09:08 AM
Well that was mildly rude. Am I just supposed to guess what animations and NPC numbers all the new additions will have? I have little to no experience in ASM. But in any case, I do not need these hacks. I can finish my mod all on my own.

For your information, I can mod, just not assembly hack.
Oh yeah, It's mister salty.

I was gunna' tell you to take them and run, but you deleted the PM so...

Also act less twelve; True we are all a bunch of criticizing people that /look/ like we are all asses, but uhh, that's just the way we talk around here, it's nothing personal to anyone. When you start using all caps and directly attack the said person that is becomes offensive we give grammatical related criticism because it's obvious and, well, just refer to what Aar said.

Aug 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
*deep breath*
p204366-0-6oybiyf.png

There shouldn't be a period between "look" and the question mark.

I managed to beat Misery's game on my first go, though I ended up coming out of it worse for wear
due to sloppy fighting. She mentioned that I could play again, so I saved and came back for another
go. However, when the game began, I still had my HP from the previous fight, which lead to a grisly
death. Shouldn't there be some way to heal yourself between fights? (Yes, I realized later that you
can head back to the Developer's Lounge, but there should still be a bed or something)

I'm also somewhat disappointed by the lack of a reward for actually beating the game twice in a row
without any reliable means of recovery.

hhhhh
the Fireflies ORG used in place of Gestation
I like it, but then again I like the song itself, so there could be a little bias.

This may be a nitpick, but when I healed up at the health station, it also refilled my Spur's ammo.
While this is to be expected of a health station, I was only informed that my health was refilled,
not my ammo. Could it be possible to change this should you pick up the Spur before actually
starting the mod?

In the Forgotten Vale, the fade-out between the fireplace and the room where you fight the Doctor
feels too long.

p204366-1-pox3hfj.png

what
why
why first cave 2: electric boogaloo

p204366-2-gswgriy.png

"and" should be "an"

p204366-3-dddcty3.png

there should be three period in the elipses instead of four
also "traveller" should technically be "traveler"

p204366-4-ul7kmh5.png

NO
THIS IS WRONG
STOP

There should also be a sparkle or something to inform the player that they should look at the
statue.

Having to fight Butes with a Polar Star and a Rocket Launcher
and no Arms Barrier
b a l a n c e d

i highly disapprove of you forcing me to go through chaco's fireplace instead of letting me
inventory glitch/boost my way over her house
for what purpose did you put that invisible forcefield there other than to cause me, the player, pain

AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE DID YOU MAKE IT STAY THERE AFTER YOU GO THROUGH HER FIREPLACE FOR THE FIRST
TIME
AAAAA

p204366-5-agqglbv.png

the screen scrolled with me when i went to open the chest in that little room there in the corner
10/10

also pro tip: you can get the charcoal before going through chaco's fireplace

when leaving that secret room, some exp chips produced by the nearby frogs went behind the door
instead of in front of it

I don't actually mind there being a room with all of the puppies in it in Sand Zone. Except for one
itty bitty detail...
p204366-6-8irgz2d.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GHOST DOG

huh what battle arena ok
p204366-7-lasrfyn.png

no comment

p204366-8-s3b3ulo.png

but i already got the Booster v0.8 from the egg corridor secret room tower thing

also Fireflies by Owl City is totally the correct song to play when Professor Booster is dying
before my very eyes

p204366-9-fwktcaa.png

why

p204366-10-38lqmrs.png

WHY

p204366-11-kx35e2t.png

literally and metaphorically why

p204366-12-vbxitpm.png

tow rope 2: electric boogaloo

p204366-13-cgzuzz2.png

10/10

p204366-14-6jcmkrk.png

nice secret imo tbh

also curly shouldn't have been flooded because she still had her air tank

p204366-15-gb3gdtl.png

booster 2: electric boogaloo

p204366-16-k8yudvp.png

spur 2: electric boogaloo

p204366-17-is1y8ke.png

SIMPLY
EPIC
out
of

p204366-18-ymdmjbu.png

thanks for the nemesis i guess

p204366-19-49vgndd.png

jaws i swear to god

p204366-20-3dj9sfn.png

it looks like that trap has two right presses

p204366-21-wfahiji.png

F U N

my favorite part is how the red shadows block all your shots and stay in place while the big shadow
bounces around

well
i killed it
and got no reward
10/10 F U N

p204366-22-v0ifiih.png

nemesis 2: electric boogaloo

p204366-23-6myqufx.png

flying robot rabbit

p204366-24-ztpq0b8.png

wow this doesn't remind me of anything at all
nope, absolutely nothing

p204366-25-azynxx5.png

"accussed" should be "acused"

also I'ma tell you again; you could've fixed it all, but you had to go and cancel it

p204366-26-f5yyfdr.png

p204366-27-smpbgsz.png

boy this sure does ring a bell
or five

p204366-28-f6vooze.png

the music was okay, but definitely not "in context"
the little secret developer areas?
NO

p204366-29-7l5pwdc.png

well i can't answer truthfully because then i can't continue playing the mod

p204366-30-qhvrztu.png

"up" should be "a"

p204366-31-hgt7wxf.png

WAKE ME UP INSIDE
I CAN'T WAKE UP

p204366-32-eowv1yq.png

how did i do it

p204366-33-yyp85fc.png

YOU'RE NOT EVEN BEING SUBTLE ANYMORE

I honestly thought you would have learned after the first time.
0 cats out of 10; should've just compiled the ORGs.

Aug 4, 2015 at 7:32 AM
War criminal
Well Seasons, you definitely did a better job going through the mod to the bone than I could. I guess there's no need for me to continue on my review.

Aug 4, 2015 at 7:43 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
TLincoln said:
Well Seasons, you definitely did a better job going through the mod to the bone than I could. I guess there's no need for me to continue on my review.
Oops, sorry. I decided to go and play the mod since I didn't have anything else to do at the time, and once I made it to the 2nd secret room I was determined to drag myself through the entire thing.

Aug 4, 2015 at 7:48 AM
War criminal
Don't sweat it. At least now I'll be playing the mod on my own time like you did.

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:24 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Unless I missed one, there's only 36 ORGs in OrgView, but 37 in the folder. Which one is missing?
Also, you didn't replace the "item/weapon get" music :( Would've been cool if you redid all the sound effects too.

Anyway, this seems like an interesting concept. Almost tempted to use it as a base for the widescreen mod xD

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Professional Whatever
Blink they're called private messages for a reason

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:35 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I would write a single letter in this but I decided not to because I'm someone who doesn't want to get the moderators all up my ass. The mod is about someone who decided to change the maps and musics in cave story.

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:43 PM
I feel the same way

also.. this is bringing back some memories...

Oh yeah, It's mister salty.

I was gunna' tell you to take them and run, but you deleted the PM so...

Also act less twelve; True we are all a bunch of criticizing people that /look/ like we are all asses, but uhh, that's just the way we talk around here, it's nothing personal to anyone. When you start using all caps and directly attack the said person that is becomes offensive we give grammatical related criticism because it's obvious and, well, just refer to what Aar said.

Geez, that was months ago. Someone holds grudges. Also, that was a PM. Private Message. It's pretty assy of you to post it wherever. Additionally, I'd like to end this discussion, because it has nothing to do with the topic.

Unless I missed one, there's only 36 ORGs in OrgView, but 37 in the folder. Which one is missing?Also, you didn't replace the "item/weapon get" music :( Would've been cool if you redid all the sound effects too.Anyway, this seems like an interesting concept. Almost tempted to use it as a base for the widescreen mod xD

There's no place in the OrgView for King's theme, so it's replacement couldn't be put in the OrgView either. I was considering the changing those tracks too, but I was eager to get this out so I can start on an actual mod.

Blink they're called private messages for a reason

Thank you.

I would write a single letter in this but I decided not to because I'm someone who doesn't want to get the moderators all up my ass. The mod is about someone who decided to change the maps and musics in cave story.

The map changes and such are pretty irrelevant, the point is the music (also, "musics" is not a word). People who want to use or can actually appreciate the ORGs can access them here and see how they sound in Cave Story (because I swear ORGs sound slightly different between ORGmaker and the actual game). Plus there's some extra challenges and cheats and what not to keep the player occupied while they listen.

I think I'm going to release another version of the game, but I'll put access to all of the developer areas (including Misery's Game) in another room attached to the Developer's Lounge, so one could play through them in order as a sort of running challenge or they could play them as they went through the game.

*deep breath*

p204366-0-6oybiyf.png

There shouldn't be a period between "look" and the question mark.

I managed to beat Misery's game on my first go, though I ended up coming out of it worse for wear

due to sloppy fighting. She mentioned that I could play again, so I saved and came back for another

go. However, when the game began, I still had my HP from the previous fight, which lead to a grisly

death. Shouldn't there be some way to heal yourself between fights? (Yes, I realized later that you

can head back to the Developer's Lounge, but there should still be a bed or something) I'll add a bed.

I'm also somewhat disappointed by the lack of a reward for actually beating the game twice in a row

without any reliable means of recovery. What better reward is there than the Spur?

hhhhh
the Fireflies ORG used in place of Gestation
I like it, but then again I like the song itself, so there could be a little bias.

This may be a nitpick, but when I healed up at the health station, it also refilled my Spur's ammo.

While this is to be expected of a health station, I was only informed that my health was refilled,

not my ammo. Could it be possible to change this should you pick up the Spur before actually

starting the mod? Yeah... the idea is sort of that the game itself is not aware of the developer areas, almost. It's kind of a weird idea, but eh.

In the Forgotten Vale, the fade-out between the fireplace and the room where you fight the Doctor

feels too long. I wanted to give the camera after using the <MOV command plenty of time to re-center itself on the player.

p204366-1-pox3hfj.png

what
why
why first cave 2: electric boogaloo I'm terribly at map design. But hey, would you have noticed if it weren't for the Map System?

p204366-2-gswgriy.png

"and" should be "an"

p204366-3-dddcty3.png

there should be three period in the elipses instead of four
also "traveller" should technically be "traveler"

p204366-4-ul7kmh5.png

NO
THIS IS WRONG What's wrong here?
STOP

There should also be a sparkle or something to inform the player that they should look at the

statue. Yeah, that was my thought after others didn't realize that.

Having to fight Butes with a Polar Star and a Rocket Launcher
and no Arms Barrier Butes really don't have that much health. It's the big ones that present a problem, and there's only one of those.
b a l a n c e d

i highly disapprove of you forcing me to go through chaco's fireplace instead of letting me

inventory glitch/boost my way over her house
for what purpose did you put that invisible forcefield there other than to cause me, the player, pain

AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE DID YOU MAKE IT STAY THERE AFTER YOU GO THROUGH HER FIREPLACE FOR THE FIRST

TIME
AAAAA I didn't want the game to get screwed up because a flag wasn't set or something, and I couldn't think of a way of getting those flags set without preventing you from skipping their events. Sorry.

p204366-5-agqglbv.png

the screen scrolled with me when i went to open the chest in that little room there in the corner
10/10 You can't change that, scroll for the screen is set by the map. I added the room into the Labyrinth because I didn't want to run out of space for additional maps (I think the limit is 117, and I didn't know how many I was going to end up having).

also pro tip: you can get the charcoal before going through chaco's fireplace

when leaving that secret room, some exp chips produced by the nearby frogs went behind the door

instead of in front of it I actually just learned what that "Draw Order" thing does. I'll fix that.

I don't actually mind there being a room with all of the puppies in it in Sand Zone. Except for one

itty bitty detail... Ah, yeah. I'll fix that. Or make a boss battle with said ghost puppy. Whichever.

p204366-6-8irgz2d.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GHOST DOG

huh what battle arena ok

p204366-7-lasrfyn.png

no comment Yeah... I put PolarStarGames in the credits because of that teeny reference....

Always remember to save your ReadMe's before you close them. I'll fix that.

p204366-8-s3b3ulo.png

but i already got the Booster v0.8 from the egg corridor secret room tower thing

also Fireflies by Owl City is totally the correct song to play when Professor Booster is dying

before my very eyes

p204366-9-fwktcaa.png

why

p204366-10-38lqmrs.png

WHY

p204366-11-kx35e2t.png

literally and metaphorically why So you don't have to fight the Core?

p204366-12-vbxitpm.png

tow rope 2: electric boogaloo

p204366-13-cgzuzz2.png

10/10

p204366-14-6jcmkrk.png

nice secret imo tbh

also curly shouldn't have been flooded because she still had her air tank

p204366-15-gb3gdtl.png

booster 2: electric boogaloo What's an electric boogaloo?

p204366-16-k8yudvp.png

spur 2: electric boogaloo Notice that one is limited, the other is not. I suppose I could put in another command there.

p204366-17-is1y8ke.png

SIMPLY
EPIC Shoot. Didn't even think of that. I'll fix that.
out
of

p204366-18-ymdmjbu.png

thanks for the nemesis i guess

p204366-19-49vgndd.png

jaws i swear to god Nope. No problem here.

p204366-20-3dj9sfn.png

it looks like that trap has two right presses Wait, what?

p204366-21-wfahiji.png

F U N

my favorite part is how the red shadows block all your shots and stay in place while the big shadow

bounces around What other rewards could POSSIBLY be useful at this point?

Would you like an infinite missile launcher? How about an infinite missile launcher.

well
i killed it
and got no reward
10/10 F U N

p204366-22-v0ifiih.png

nemesis 2: electric boogaloo

p204366-23-6myqufx.png

flying robot rabbit

p204366-24-ztpq0b8.png

wow this doesn't remind me of anything at all
nope, absolutely nothing Yes, this area was completely inspired by the area in Jenka's Nightmare.

p204366-25-azynxx5.png

"accussed" should be "acused"

also I'ma tell you again; you could've fixed it all, but you had to go and cancel it

p204366-26-f5yyfdr.png

p204366-27-smpbgsz.png

boy this sure does ring a bell
or five

p204366-28-f6vooze.png

the music was okay, but definitely not "in context"
the little secret developer areas?
NO

p204366-29-7l5pwdc.png

well i can't answer truthfully because then i can't continue playing the mod

p204366-30-qhvrztu.png

"up" should be "a"

p204366-31-hgt7wxf.png

WAKE ME UP INSIDE
I CAN'T WAKE UP I was experimenting with using multiple bosses at once for a special boss rush I was thinking about doing.

p204366-32-eowv1yq.png

how did i do it

p204366-33-yyp85fc.png

YOU'RE NOT EVEN BEING SUBTLE ANYMORE

I honestly thought you would have learned after the first time. <- What do you mean?

0 cats out of 10; should've just compiled the ORGs.

The answers to your contentions are put in bold in the quote above.

It's really just a nitpick, but why is the game in a subfolder within the main download folder? Wouldn't it be easier to just have the game and the rest of the files (excluding the ORGs) in the same folder?
You've come a long way from someone proclaiming it was "physically impossible" for you to create music.
Digging the LotR/Hobbit music
Not sure if it's fitting for a title theme but it's still nice
Firefly might be more appropriate for the Outer Wall, but that's your choice
Sounds like you transribed the GB version of Green greens which, while it isn't bad by any means, there are definitely more meaty renditions out there
Some instruments in imperial March could probably benfit from being an octave lower
I could provide an alternate version of the Teen Titans theme to transcribe, if you're interested
Wow, I glazed right over this post. Never use a forum at 12AM in the morning.

It might be, but I'm an organization freak and I don't like the ORGs and the game all mushed together.

Regarding your comments about the ORGs in order: Thanks, I thought the Entertainer worked well on the Outer Wall, I actually like Green Greens with less meat, if I do that the sharp/flat notes become disgustingly pronounced, and I'd actually be pretty interested, thanks. PM me about it.

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:57 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
SuperJaws100 said:
The answers to your contentions are put in bold in the quote above.
Since the spoiler didn't want to be quoted, I guess I'll just try to answer your answers in the order they happened.

2nd Answer: I don't know, really, aside from a Spur that doesn't have limited ammo. It just seems weird that you get absolutely nothing for winning again.

5th Answer: Yes, I would have noticed. I only opened the Map System to prove that it was exactly the same.

6th Answer: Okay, let me point it out for you. That map? It's the same as the first map of Bloodstained Sanctuary/Hell. All you did was move a few platforms around and add enemies.

8th Answer: No, see, the damage they do can and will cripple your weapons without the Arms Barrier. Think about the player who simply grabbed the Developer's Key and then left the Developer's Lounge. A single Bute's arrow will level your Polar Star down from Max to Level 2.

14th Answer: The thing is, why have that skip be there? There were several things wrong with it. Once you open that chest, you're forced to knock Curly out. Sure, you can refuse to do so, but it's either knock her out or get locked into the Core's chamber forever, waiting for a watery death that will never come. The worst part is that you're locked into the latter choice once you open the shutters.

15th Answer: "'Electric Boogaloo' is a phrase typically appended to the title of a sequel TV or film production to mock its poor quality." While the duplicated items weren't necessarily sequels of anything, it felt better to refer to them as that.

18th Answer: There is a big problem here.

19th Answer: The horizontal Press trap that you have right before the big mole boss fight has two Presses that slide to the left. As you can see in the picture, that Press is sliding into the wall instead of meeting its partner in the middle of the trap to smash any unfortunate creature trying to pass through.

20th Answer: That actually would have been an acceptable reward at this point. See, the "infinite missile launcher" is basically a regular Missile Launcher, but with infinite ammo. It'd be fun to mess around with it, but ultimately it's a regular Missile Launcher and not a Super Missile Launcher. It's just lacking in firepower in comparison to some of my other weapons by the time I get it.

21st Answer: There are two immediate issues with this area as a whole. The first issue is that you didn't cite ZarroTsu whatsoever for the inspiration you got from his mod. No citation at all. The second issue is that the addition of such an area was rather frivolous. You said it yourself that the mod was only intended to "force [the player] to listen to the ORGs in context," so why add this autobiography-esque area at all?

XXth Answer: Not only did you neglect to cite ZarroTsu in the slightest for borrowing his secret endgame area ideas, but you blatantly ripped off the intro of Jenka's Nightmare in the ending cutscene here. Jenka's Nightmare begins with Curly and Quote talking with each other and getting interrupted by Balrog incessantly asking them to help him chop up a tree he knocked down into firewood. Your mod ends with Curly and Quote talking with each other and getting interrupted by Balrog telling them that he brought home a bunch of apples... and needed help chopping up the firewood he also happened to take with him. This could normally be dismissed as mere coincidence, but after what you pulled with the secret area at the end of the mod I strongly doubt that.

What I meant when I said "I honestly thought you would have learned after the first time," was that I thought you would have learned by now that copying preexisting maps and only giving them minor changes is a very, very big mistake on your part. No matter how much you cite your sources, resorting to this method of "creating" maps will forever be gazed upon as lazy and unprofessional. Don't pull the "I'm bad at designing maps" card on me, either, because that's why you practice. When you copy maps like this, you're only hurting yourself in the long run. However, when you create your own maps, both you and anyone who plays the mod can point out anything that needs improving and the errors can be corrected accordingly.