The Cave Story Elites thread

Nov 17, 2007 at 11:28 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
The Cave Story wannabe elite thread

Wanna discuss stuff about CS gameplay with other experts of CS? You've come to the right place. Whether it be the best technique to beat the Undead Core, or the pro and cons of the missile launcher, all stuuf related to thosefink goes here. Also, post all CS FAQ's and guides here since I g2g in 5 mins.

Man I should take up advertising. :D

Wannabes made me change the wannabe title of this wannabe thread into more wannabe.

Nov 17, 2007 at 11:33 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
what are you doing on here? :D

rofl kidding

and dont use the word elites make us sound like stuck up dickheads who think we know everything(even if we might :D )

Nov 17, 2007 at 11:37 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Errr I think you should change the title as it may seem that you are an elitist... (no offence though but really... It does...) Why not change it to... Cave Story Discussion?

Nov 17, 2007 at 2:07 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
Errr I think you should change the title as it may seem that you are an elitist... (no offence though but really... It does...) Why not change it to... Cave Story Discussion?
That's generalising it a bit too much, the whole forum is about "Cave Story Discussion". :D

Nov 17, 2007 at 5:42 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
Er... "elites" reffered to the FAQs. I'll change it though.

EDIT: Can't change the title. I'm such a wannabe/ :D

EDIT again: Hey, the title of Wistil's editor thread changed. Maybe SP can change this into something more appealing and less arrogant. Any suggestions other than the ones above (and the wannabe title of li'l ol' wannabe me).

Nov 17, 2007 at 8:16 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
The Cave Story Experts Corner

Nov 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Undead core: None of the npcs themself actually hurt you, as such, stand next to them and spam the sword. Draco-misery can get taken out before she summons anything. However, Red-Sue will hurt you when spinning, so be sure to get the timing of her attacks. As for the core itself, spam until it has about 1/3 HP left, then wait for an opening when it uses its final attack.

Ballos: Unless you're running through with minimal HP, stand next to him as the battle begins, face up, and spam the level 2 sword upward like a berserker. You take 3 damage from him directly, and the invincibility time should last long enough to avoid him stomping, and only take another 3 damage. he should be finished after his second jump.

GigaBallos: stand in the corner of his eye, face away, and spam the sword. The sword actually spawns behind you about a pixel, so he'll take damage from both you and curly at the same time. stay in his eye as long as you can, and disreguard his jumping. He should be dead by the 2nd time he stops moving.

Nov 18, 2007 at 3:09 AM
Respwnt
@ fatguy - It's really wannabe for a wannabe like you to suggest a wannabe title like that, but you forgot the wannabe "wannabe" word like a wannabe.

J/K

@ZT - Just what I expected from expert modders. If SeriousFace got wind of this thread, he can make things interesting.

Here's my 2 cents for minimal items -

1. MX - Blade lv. 3 > lv. 2 here IMHO since you gotta be cautious, and can't afford to spam much. I you think you can risk it, try getting hit by the forcefields to level down once MX's pods are destroyed.

2. The Core - Level down area available at the fuzz cores. It's essential to be quick on weapon switch and blade spam. Avoid jumping when the Core opens since he covers overhead area with those sperm thingies. More to come... stay tuned to WTV (Wannabe TV)

Nov 19, 2007 at 1:43 AM
Yeah, the core's a b**ch in the 3HP run, but I did soon realize the small fuzz only do 1 HP, so I level'd it down to about 1/4 level 2, and finally beat the core... IMO, he was a hell of alot harder than Monster X; I beat MX my 1st try.

As you said, when the paws are gone, level down the sword to 2 from the forcefeild, and you can jump beside its center and spam the sword upward, it should kill a third of his health, and better yet, leave you with only 4 fish to deal with. Avoid the exp dropped by the fish, and repeat.

Actually, I found Laberinth M to be harder than any other part of the game. I don't have too many tips on beating it, though. Just... kill everything before moving on, and watch out for the Guadi blades; they bounce off walls and can come smashing into you without warning.

On a side note: Hell yes, I beat 3HP/Min items. Hell is a doozy, but taking your time in part 3 helps alot. Ballos... I actually took no damage from on my 1st attempt against him. SG2 is the only difficult part; use the lv2 sword to get rid of them.

Nov 19, 2007 at 10:46 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Monster X... Personally, I run in, destroy the Gaudis with the Blade level 3, first. There's occasionaly a straggler ( usualy the less-dangerous grounded ones ) by the time MX comes rolling by. Quick hop onto its tread, then back and forth from its treads until it starts to open up ( you should be on the side opposite the exit ) . Jump, toss a Blade directly into its shooter, repeat once, then retreat, jumping and tossing Blades backwards if any of the projectiles are lookin' dangerous. Repeat this on the other side of the hallway, then on the first again, however many times it takes to drop all four shooters. Same strategy when he starts with the fishy missiles, except, of course, with less aiming, and a LOT more dodging as he reaches you on the other side.

Core... this guy took me a while, although, to my surprise, not nearly as many tries as MX. I think my final strategy was to hide in the bottom-left corner, and Blading + PStaring anything that comes my way. Especially the Core himself. ;o

Ugh, and I've still not finished my minimal run. Stupid Doctor hit me with a stray energy ball when I tried him a long time ago, and I hadn't picked the game up since...

Nov 20, 2007 at 8:34 AM
Respwnt
Garbeld said:
Core... this guy took me a while, although, to my surprise, not nearly as many tries as MX. I think my final strategy was to hide in the bottom-left corner, and Blading + PStaring anything that comes my way. Especially the Core himself. ;o

Ugh, and I've still not finished my minimal run. Stupid Doctor hit me with a stray energy ball when I tried him a long time ago, and I hadn't picked the game up since...
What I do with the core is grant him minimal space by jumping on to the top-rightmost single block and blading/fireballing/dodging everything. Once he blows me against the wall, I jump on to the block immediately right of the platform where the fight began.

Another thing, I use the PS to attack, and the blade/FB to defend. The point to note is to attack only when all the pawns have shot one blade at you, when the core is open.

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:42 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
i just beaten the core couple hours ago, the first half it it is really hard but then when its open to damage its the easiest thing out, those fish missles are easy to get rid of, now im up to the core and ill manage but its a little annoying

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Luls
You know there is a really easy way to beat Igor for those who can't kill Igor fast enough :(

You know there is a ledge where you can stand on just infront of the laser blocking your escape route? just stand a small step away from the edge and keep spamming your weapon. Igor will take a really long time to manage it up the ledge.

(This is a really noob guide to killing igor as you can easily pwn him without any strategies so...:D)

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:03 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Metalogz said:
(This is a really noob guide to killing igor as you can easily pwn him without any strategies so...:D)

easily dodge his punches by jumping over him while spaming him with a weap ^^

edit- yay 1300 posts :(

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Luls
LOL I JUST NOTICED that a wannabe was added in the title o.o///

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Metalogz said:
LOL I JUST NOTICED that a wannabe was added in the title o.o///
really i cant see?

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
really i cant see?
It's not really the thread name that has changed
threadtitle.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:17 PM
Luls
oh........

._.

Dec 1, 2007 at 5:46 AM
Respwnt
^^ Wannabes...

Muscle Doctor is easier to take out with the blade lv. 2 than lv. 3. The only problem is the range, and as long as you don't get reckless and know when he'll explode or when he summons, you should find him easy. More worrisome on minimal items is the earlier doc.

Dec 1, 2007 at 5:58 AM
True enough, but remember: The crystal itself deals 1 damage - This gives you two attempts at mass-spamming in a 3HP run. After the battle, you can talk to Chaco twice to have her talk about Arthur, and the mimiga's around the room give out hearts - In which I hope they're all female.

This method is similar vs Misery: She herself deals 1 damage; the sheilds/bats deal 2. ('Though there's plenty of room between her sheilds and herself for you to hover between, tossing the sword her way)