The 2014 Valentines Day Thread!

Feb 14, 2014 at 11:02 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
You never know till ya find out, really. I mean rejection is pretty awful, but sometimes the people who you think would never like you back actually do. It's a miracle, really.

But then again you might end up playing this:

p179848-0-escapethefriendzone.jpg

Feb 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The point i'm trying to make is that it's not as easy as you think it is, yeah it's fine if they like you back but what if they don't? =/

Feb 14, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ElecMaw said:
The point i'm trying to make is that it's not as easy as you think it is, yeah it's fine if they like you back but what if they don't? =/
Then I guess you don't get them to be your, uh, whatever (Significant Other?). Which is a much worse spot than before, when they weren't your SO.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:10 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm used to being alone by now.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
edward18 said:
I'm used to being alone by now.
See, this is the true danger of asking someone out: what if they say yes?

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:12 AM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Then I guess you don't get them to be your, uh, whatever (Significant Other?). Which is a much worse spot than before, when they weren't your SO.
It's just that for some people, it's really stressing. Yeah, wonderful if you can manage confessing your feelings to someone and they are mutual, but it's not as simple as just saying a few words and forgetting about it if they refuse. =I
There's a lot at risk here, that's all i'm saying. I'm not saying that you SHOULDN'T do it.

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well, just so you know, at least for me, it is still quite a bit relieving finally confessing years and years later after you have no chance of being with the person.

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:16 AM
edward18 said:
Well, just so you know, at least for me, it is still quite a bit relieving finally confessing years and years later after you have no chance of being with the person.
I'm getting the idea you really like to play victim here. Maybe you should y'know, actively try to seek out friends rather than go crying over your lonely situation? And once you get used to that and learned some basic social skills, then try to approach someone you'd like? Just an idea.
No offense, but just reading your comic and posts in general and i get the feeling you can't handle a girlfriend yet

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Next up, President's day.

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Well sorry to bust your chops but I've tried what you people said....like 4 times already, and I get the same response "ok... where did you want to go with this relationship now?". That line pretty much kills me every time.

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
if you want a gf but have no idea why then do you really need one

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm getting the idea you really like to play victim here.

How am I playing a victim? o_O I'm giving my input for the guy that's talking about how he doesn't have the willpower to talk to the girl he likes.

Maybe you should y'know, actively try to seek out friends rather than go crying over your lonely situation? And once you get used to that and learned some basic social skills, then try to approach someone you'd like? Just an idea.

Again, how am I crying or anything? I said I'm used to it by now. I'm pretty sure I'll be alone forever so I've come to terms with accepting that fact. Not being negative about it.

No offense, but just reading your comic and posts in general and i get the feeling you can't handle a girlfriend yet

It's probably best if I never end up with anyone.

But...what's my comic have to do with anything? o_O It's a comedy adventure series and the only real romance at all so far is between the pervert and the girl who always ridicules him for his actions. The main character probably doesn't even really know what romance is and just likes saving the day and stuff.

...just wish I could finish that damn first season already...

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wow, this is kind of a depressing thread... o.o;

Anyway, I actually never really considered that Valentine's Day is an actual holiday, weirdly enough. I knew that it was a love-themed day where people exchange candy and stuff, but I wasn't aware that people take it seriously as a day to celebrate relationships until fairly recently. Also, I never, EVER remember that it's on February 14. Valentine's has been a dull surprise every single year, I think once I didn't even learn it passed until a week later. I guess that's because it's not really my kind of holiday, but mostly because I never learn these things. :p

Although, since people seem to be discussing this, might as well mention that I don't really want or need a relationship. Besides never really getting the feeling of wanting to, I'm still rather young. What significant, long lasting relationships would I really be getting into at this age? Probably none. And I really don't think I'm suited for one, either. Although I can definitely see myself quite literally being Forever Alone and being no worse for it, I don't want to lock myself out of the chance that I might want something like that someday. Waiting a good half decade before even considering a significant other would still be a good idea, though.
[/twocents]

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Polaris said:
Wow, this is kind of a depressing thread... o.o;
I don't think we've ever had a vday thread that someone didn't shit up, feel free to fact-check that
possibly the most polarizing day of observance.

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:39 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I didn't have school yesterday but I also couldn't leave the house for most of the day, so we just stayed at home for most of Valentine's Day, which was fine with me, since I could embrace my forever aloneness, as I am forever forever alone. But of course, we managed to leave our house at 7:15 PM to go to a party with a bunch of people I didn't know. It was the least fitting way to spend Valentine's Day possible.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Offensive User
Noxid said:
I don't think we've ever had a vday thread that someone didn't shit up
Why can't everyone just cheer up and just exchange candy + tiny cards with Spongebob on it like in elementary school.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Noxid said:
I don't think we've ever had a vday thread that someone didn't shit up, feel free to fact-check that
I took you up on that. :D

The thread made by Kanpachi was basically positive all the way through. This may be because it was made by Kanpachi.

Zarro's was less positive, but despite some minor stuff at the beginning and the descent into grammar-related hijinx at the end, it was mostly okay.

Wild Desu's was mostly silly fun.

And A World Divided, if it counts as a Valentine's thread, suffered little strife.

So basically, this actually is the most depressing Valentine's Day thread yet! None of the others got into relationship/lack thereof problems quite like this one, unless my suspicions are correct and the search feature isn't that great.

I do agree with you that Valentine's Day is really polarizing, though.

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:07 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Noxid said:
Read: "Love" thread 2011 for most cringeworthy topic

Polaris said:
I took you up on that. :D

The thread made by Kanpachi was basically positive all the way through. This may be because it was made by Kanpachi.

Zarro's was less positive, but despite some minor stuff at the beginning and the descent into grammar-related hijinx at the end, it was mostly okay.

Wild Desu's was mostly silly fun.

And A World Divided, if it counts as a Valentine's thread, suffered little strife.

So basically, this actually is the most depressing Valentine's Day thread yet! None of the others got into relationship/lack thereof problems quite like this one, unless my suspicions are correct and the search feature isn't that great.

I do agree with you that Valentine's Day is really polarizing, though.
Wow I didn't even remember I made one, haha. Geez we had a lot more V-day threads than I thought. I only remembered Kanpachi's.

On the topic of relationships: Yeah, most relationships you engage in when you're young end up being frivolous and silly. On the bright side though, it gives you experience for when you're older and you learn a lot about how you interact with other people on a close level. I've also learned that you can't really just assume you'll be "forever alone lel dot jay peg". I mean if you know yourself and you've accepted it, whatever, that's fine. But you never know what'll happen in the long run. And it's special when things just come to you instead of actively seeking a relationship, imo. Eh, just rambling.

Also more like polarisizing amirite ok that was a bad pun i'm sorry

Edit: Here's a bonus picture

p179865-0-lzdbxbc.jpg
Happy V-day andwhy

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Perpetually out of it
So basically,
I make a Valentines day thread
It all goes to shit pretty quickly.
At least there was some positive stories, before it got pretty depressing about half-way through...

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:20 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
How's it depressing?