suggestions/constructive criticism

Jul 25, 2007 at 12:22 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
About the pine trees:

Building on what I said before, most of the other graphics I see that are raised up from the ground have an outline. I feel like this is creating an "embossed" effect that your brain learns as "higher than the ground" as you play the game. After staring for a long time at the new pics, I really believe that's what's causing me to see the trees as flat; they don't have an outline, so no embossed effect.

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:50 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
hey gm. i was looking at some screenshots and reading through your diary entries when i found the thing about you removing the bucket from the well because it looked wierd when link jumped in, and i thought that the well looked kinda wierd without a bucket. :( maybe if you find some spare tiles you can draw one hanging on the side or sitting next to it one the ground? :) just a small thing, but i thought id throw that out there.

Oct 12, 2007 at 6:27 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
I think I might have 'one' tile free for town graphics; I'd need at least one more. If I did place a bucket on the ground, it would be like a wall to Link -- he couldn't kick it or move it any more than he could a fence post. And like I said before, Link's head "passed through" the hanging bucket; that was no good. Maybe I can place one on the well's rim... I'll keep it in mind. :)