Sue's Workshop buggy editor

Apr 23, 2006 at 10:36 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
technika said:
Hmmm...Maybe Sue's workshop should put in the boss script along with the other scripts or allow us to Save a piece of script and store it in the scripts collection along with cast, arms, stage select, ect.
Um, no. It's an event, just like every other event in the script for that map. Head, ArmsItem, etc. are all .TSC files just like the map ones, only they're used more generally. Everything listed on the left there is a .TSC script file.

technika said:
Okay, what is <i> and </i> mean? Not seen this in a command before. Or were you trying to do si italics using an html code?
Whoops, not used to BB code. Fixed.

technika said:
Wadeizzle, I don't care how old or young you may be, but making personal attacks in public on a message board against another member is just not on ok.
Of course it is. What the hell are you "warning" people about? What are you going to do, tell the principal?

Apr 25, 2006 at 3:48 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
LOL, never mind, anyway has anyone figured out how to do the rising and falling water level like in the Core boss room or is that actually part of the Core boss itself ?

Even though I am now using a hex editor to make final changes, Sue's workshop is still causing a bug to occur. And it could be that you can't make the map and put the NPC's in at the same time as you go along building, but probably have to make the whole entire map first and then put the NPC's in last.... I think its to do with this MAP shifting scrollbar bug someone else in another forum mentioned, it could affect the spirte collison properties of the npc's or actually move the sprite collison hotspot from the sprite as you are resizing the map to do more building....

Apr 25, 2006 at 8:26 PM
"Huzzah!"
the riseing and falling water in the core during the boss fight is part of the boss itself afterwords it's bkWater.pbm

Apr 25, 2006 at 11:16 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
technika said:
LOL, never mind, anyway has anyone figured out how to do the rising and falling water level like in the Core boss room or is that actually part of the Core boss itself?
Entity type 191 is the water level, but normally it just rises and falls slightly. There might be an <ANP command to make it act like it does during the boss fight.

Apr 28, 2006 at 6:43 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Ok, how do I make the "hidden hearts and missels" entity work? I know in the sandzone in one of the tunnels with the dog paw footprints, the hidden hearts
items works when you shoot around in that hidden area and they appear...

But when I try to put the "hidden hearts" entity and stick it in the map and
then start firing around, the hearts are supposed to appear but they don't. I need that to work in one of the maps. How do I set this up to work ?

Apr 28, 2006 at 5:24 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Hidden heart = sprite 125
Hidden missle = sprite 125 with flag 1000. They also have flag id 201 and flag 800. These are what keep them invisable untill you actually HAVE the missle launcher. You can easily just take it out.

There isn't alot to these.

Apr 28, 2006 at 10:04 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I changed one of the tilesets in Paintbrush in PrtAlmond.pbm file because I needed to add in some water to the tileset. So I cut and pasted some water out of one of the other tilesets. Then saved it as PrtAlw (to another filename). Saved it in 16 color bmp format (by paintbrush's default), Then renamed the BMP extension to pbm Then added the (C)Pixel down the bottom of the code and commit the changes in Sue's Workshop and ran the game, still keep getting this same game crashing error that has me puzzled, it won't accept the file with the change made.

How do you get it to work ?

For it works perfectly fine for changing the backgrounds, but is not working when I change a tileset and rename it to another filename. Do you have to do something different to get it to work ?

Last question, How do I get Quote's telesport sequence to work? So he steps into the teleporter and the blue light comes up around him and he dissapears?

Apr 29, 2006 at 4:27 PM
technika said:
Last question, How do I get Quote's telesport sequence to work? So he steps into the teleporter and the blue light comes up around him and he dissapears?
Code:
<PRI<MSGDo you want to go to the
Egg Corridor?<YNJ0000<CLO
[B]<KEY<CNP0300:0111:0002<HMC<WAI0060<ANP0500:0001:0000[/B]
<WAI0100<FAO0004<FLJ0159:6011<TRA0002:0099:0005:0006
You're trying to do something that the game already does. You have access to the scripts and maps where it happens. Look at them.

Apr 29, 2006 at 11:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Ok I tried adding in that script... But my controls all locked up after he dissapeared and teleported (BTW, there is no blue light coming up around him as it's supposed to be doing in the game so something is still not right), so I removed <HMC command from the script, now I can move, except I have two copies of Quote on the screen now, one standing on the ground that I can move him around and his duplicate stepping out of the teleporter....

One problem is solved, and another one crops up (sigh)..

Well I'm happy I solved one major problem I was having - after buliding a map, finding half my enemies just walking through the weapons and not even dying. The Cause: Didn't add the pixel code into the PXE file of the map, but had added it to the PXM and PBM files only, it looks like this code has to be in every file that Sue Workshop generates in order for the map and the spirtes to function correctly, whether that solves the messed-up sprite sets I don't know..

Apr 30, 2006 at 6:10 PM
"Huzzah!"

you have to have the <CNP & <ANP events (event 0300 & event 0301) on the map for them to work

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:35 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Ahh, now I can see what the problem is, I understand now why the animation didn't show for the teleport sequence. I wondered why those boxes were left blank in the map. Someone needs to put descriptions in the box to show they are a special ANP event.

May 1, 2006 at 5:51 AM
technika said:
Someone needs to put descriptions in the box to show they are a special ANP event.
No.

It's not a "special ANP event". That's not how it works. An entity with event 300 could be:
  • an entity changed to any other type of entity with CNP
  • an entity moved with MNP
  • an entity animated with ANP
  • an entity deleted with DNP
  • an entity you focus the view on with FON
  • an entity that runs event 300 when you examine it
  • a boss that runs event 300 when you kill it
You can do whatever you want with it. You could remove that ANP command from the event and make something else happen, and it would still be event 300. You could turn it into Balrog and start a boss fight with it, and it would still be event 300.

If you want to copy an event from the game, you have to read the game script and understand what the commands are doing. If you see a command ending in NP, you have to look at the map and find the entity with that event.

May 1, 2006 at 8:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
yeah it doesn't have to be event #'s 0300 & 0301 thats just what events they are for the teleporter in sand zone

May 7, 2006 at 10:59 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Has anyone figured out why after Quote is able to free falls down over 333 rows in a big high map, but when he reaches 335 or over this limit, the rest of the map further down all turns to water

May 7, 2006 at 6:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
I think it was for if Pixil forgot to put a falling off the Island death trigger it would keep quote from living forever falling down a bottemless pit with no way of getting up

May 15, 2006 at 12:41 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So has anyone found out just how large the map sizes can be ?
The maps are easy to make, but all the scripting (that's the most tedious part)

May 20, 2006 at 2:28 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I had the same problem, except it started with water, someone said that the maximum height is around 300.

As for CaveOHolic: If you set an event 46 at the bottom of the level and have it trigger event 42, it will work.

Now I will warn one more time. I won't accept any spinless trash talk from anybody in my thread ok so stay focused on the issue and cease this abuse please or leave.

Yeah, i don't think this is acceptable, but it's up to the moderators and admins to take care of this.

Oh, and there's a report button on the top-right corner of a post. You can then send a report message to the admins and moderators.

May 20, 2006 at 3:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
I know that I'm saying if pixil forgot to put that in than the underwater glitch would be a backup to kill you

May 20, 2006 at 3:57 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
What?

caveoholic! said:
I know that I'm saying if pixil forgot to put that in than the underwater glitch would be a backup to kill you

I didn't understood that quite right caveoholic :confused:
Can you explain better?

May 20, 2006 at 4:20 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
What he's saying is that he thinks pixel made the underwater glitch so that if a player fell off the map without triggering one of those events, they'd still die.