Sturmfaust II (Need Artists)

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Fahrenheight said:
missing -60 and -75 degrees blah blah, walking animation without equipment, Idle animation.

Don't forget a sprite for him jumping. o:

Fahrenheight said:
questions: Maya and Fiona have a sprite? or only mention as you said(just want to make sure.)

They don't have a sprite for Sturmfaust II, but maybe some pictures of them will appear in books o:

Fahrenheight said:
Is the protagonist ambidextrous? you know, megaman? busters shot in both hands.

Huh? No, he hasn't god any weapons in his hands o:

Fahrenheight said:
anyway if you don't like it or if you want something to change, please tell. thank you.

What you have done looks really awesome.

Though it would have been a bit easier for me to program if you used small to big numbers. For example: -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3.
And don't forget to tell me how many images per row :) (12) And how big is one sprite. (66 x 90)
We'll see if something needs to be changed, I will make a little demo, so I will see how it feels to control the progagonist :) And yes, I will post it.

Fahrenheight said:
diph.php
diph.php
< theres a gap ????
diph.php

Are you talking about the running animation? Or do you mean, if there is any animation missing?

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:45 PM
"Huzzah!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Don't forget a sprite for him jumping. o:
haha your right :)

S. P. Gardebiter said:
They don't have a sprite for Sturmfaust II, but maybe some pictures of them will appear in books o:
ok I'll work on it.. even If you don't order me.. eheheh

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Huh? No, he hasn't god any weapons in his hands o:

I mean.. no never mind

S. P. Gardebiter said:
What you have done looks really awesome.

Though it would have been a bit easier for me to program if you used small to big numbers. For example: -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3.
What do you mean small numbers? I'm kinda dumb, will you please explain?

what you meant is instead of their degrees, I just say 5 to 0 to -5?

S. P. Gardebiter said:
We'll see if something needs to be changed, I will make a little demo, so I will see how it feels to control the progagonist :) And yes, I will post it.

ok SP.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Are you talking about the running animation? Or do you mean, if there is any animation missing?

no.. there's no missing animation.. its just the box. I just use a wrong word.

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Fahrenheight, you still have to set a price for you excellent work.

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:42 PM
"Huzzah!"
Schokobecher said:
Fahrenheight, you still have to set a price for you excellent work.

1 Blazillionz Dollars.. :)

seriously,

I'm free, There's no need to pay me, Being part of this is enough for me. I'm already happy for what I done and excited for what I'm going to do in the future. Its like part of my old dream is coming true.

And I'm Happy that you call my work excellent :)

Edit:
diph.php

She's supposed to be Maya.. (T . T)

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
Fahrenheight said:
what you meant is instead of their degrees, I just say 5 to 0 to -5?

No, instead I mean you will need to get the images into a specific order from low degrees (-75) to high degrees (75). (Small to big would be -5 to 0 to 5 not the other way round)

Fahrenheight said:
no.. there's no missing animation.. its just the box. I just use a wrong word.

I'm somewhat confused o:

Fahrenheight said:
I'm already happy for what I done and excited for what I'm going to do in the future. Its like part of my old dream is coming true.

Your old dream?
I think I know how you feel :)

Fahrenheight said:
diph.php

She's supposed to be Maya.. (T . T)

Looks nice, maybe she should look a bit more nuts and dark. o:
The correct colour for her hair and dress is more like this: R: 112 G: 65 B: 190

And btw. Fahrenheight.
I need you to do some images and show you some things that would cause heavy plot spoilers to other people. Should I PM you or something? And do you mind, if I spoiler the whole Sturmfaust II story to you? Or should I only tell you the necessary things?

Edit:

Demo download: http://tile44.org/files/Sturmfaust II 0.1.0.0.zip (As always the Linux version is included too)

The angles doesn't seem to always work right. o:
My guess is that something is wrong with some of the images.

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:08 AM
"Huzzah!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
No, instead I mean you will need to get the images into a specific order from low degrees (-75) to high degrees (75). (Small to big would be -5 to 0 to 5 not the other way round)

Okay :p

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Looks nice, maybe she should look a bit more nuts and dark. o:
The correct colour for her hair and dress is more like this: R: 112 G: 65 B: 190

Okay. hehe nuts..

S. P. Gardebiter said:
And btw. Fahrenheight.
I need you to do some images and show you some things that would cause heavy plot spoilers to other people. Should I PM you or something? And do you mind, if I spoiler the whole Sturmfaust II story to you? Or should I only tell you the necessary things?

Okay, PM me for what I'm going to do, to avoid spoilers for the people.

Okay, so when I'm finished with the work you just said to me, where should I post it? still in this thread right?(wee I just said thread!) or to the PM?

Just tell the necessary things, I don't want to be spoiled. >:-D

Edit:

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Demo download: http://tile44.org/files/Sturmfaust II 0.1.0.0.zip (As always the Linux version is included too)

The angles doesn't seem to always work right. o:
My guess is that something is wrong with some of the images.

Oh My God Your So Awesome!!! .. Are you sure there's a problem with the images or the angle?

I was wondering if you can change the head animation.. can you make the head move only after 15?(I mean at 30 degrees the head will look upward, as to looking down at -30.) but If you don't want to..

again Oh My God That's so AWESOME!!!

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Hoxtilicious
Fahrenheight said:
Okay, so when I'm finished with the work you just said to me, where should I post it? still in this thread right?(wee I just said thread!) or to the PM?

You can post it here. But there are some images who will contain massive spoilers, so I well tell you if you should PM it back instead of posting it here.

Fahrenheight said:
Just tell the necessary things, I don't want to be spoiled. >:-D

Allright.

Fahrenheight said:
Oh My God Your So Awesome!!! .. Are you sure there's a problem with the images or the angle?

Thanks, well let's see:

I use this formular to get the angle: ARCTAN(PlayerY - MouseY, PlayerX - MouseX)

It should be the correct one.

So to get a linear function:

TAN Alpha = m
Alpha = 15°
TAN(15) = 0.26
1 / 3.73 = 0.26 = m

f(y) = (1 / 3.73) * X

diph.php

Ingame:
diph.php

And you will see the angle is correct because it fits into the red line of the calculator:

diph.php

And I just realised that the images and the angle is totally right, just the point where the red line starts isn't the exact point where the weapon starts, so it doesn't look correct D:

Damn.

Well anyway, everything seems to be allright then.

Fahrenheight said:
I was wondering if you can change the head animation.. can you make the head move only after 15?(I mean at 30 degrees the head will look upward, as to looking down at -30.) but If you don't want to..

I will try :D

Fahrenheight said:
again Oh My God That's so AWESOME!!!

Thanks again :D

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM
"Huzzah!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Thanks, well let's see:

I use this formular to get the angle: ARCTAN(PlayerY - MouseY, PlayerX - MouseX)

It should be the correct one.

So to get a linear function:

TAN Alpha = m
Alpha = 15°
TAN(15) = 0.26
1 / 3.73 = 0.26 = m

f(y) = (1 / 3.73) * X

diph.php

Ingame:
diph.php

And you will see the angle is correct because it fits into the red line of the calculator:

diph.php

And I just realised that the images and the angle is totally right, just the point where the red line starts isn't the exact point where the weapon starts, so it doesn't look correct D:

Damn.

Well anyway, everything seems to be allright then.

well I was wondering if you can adjust the red line thing to match the weapons line of um sight.

well I can always change or adjust the sprite, just tell me. :D

I was going to say "thank you" But I forgot on why.

Man I can't wait to play it..

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Hoxtilicious
The red line was just to test it o:
There probably will be a infrared laser sight, but I won't program it by now, I guess o:

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM
"Huzzah!"
p92725-0-5schc.gif

nggiiiii-- CHuuuUUUu!! *thud*(sfx FTW!?)

Comments?

p92725-1-mjllv.jpg

yeah... ... hmm errr umm ... yeah...
EDIT:
p92725-2-ztt1d.png

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Hoxtilicious
Gosh, I'm really sorry dude that I needed so long to reply, I'm pretty busy with discussing about the future of these Forums with SkyeWelse and writing replies on some discussion threads. Plus I have to do something for the Wii Version of Cave Story. Hopefully I will have some time again to continue on programming. Meanwhile I made some music, but it isn't really that good o:

Fahrenheight said:
p92725-0-5schc.gif

nggiiiii-- CHuuuUUUu!! *thud*(sfx FTW!?)

Looks okay to me o:
I really can't wait to have the time to build in stuff like running and jumping.

Fahrenheight said:
p92725-1-mjllv.jpg

yeah... ... hmm errr umm ... yeah...
EDIT:
p92725-2-ztt1d.png

Awesome! She looks pretty loony. :3
Her right hand is a bit small on that picture though o:
Hm, I'm not sure if the clothing etc., is fitting her 100%, but it's a really good start. (Maybe it should be a bit more decorated, I always thought of her dress beeing lavender-white) The dress should have short sleeves, instead of no sleeves though o:
I really like it, it's ingenious :)
Her scythe should shine a bit more. o: (Maybe using a pink/violet color?) o:

Apr 17, 2010 at 4:24 PM
"Huzzah!"
Sorry for late replying too S.P. got busy at the moment, but still working on.

I have a question, can I separate the Sprites? I mean "hand holding sprites set" here and "Guns whatever sprite set" there.. separated files, or Will It Just make things worse?

and GoodLuck fixing or manage or whatever things here in this forum, because I like this forum.

p92727-0-g3s1g.png

preview only not Finish.

Apr 17, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Hoxtilicious
Fahrenheight said:
Sorry for late replying too S.P. got busy at the moment, but still working on.

It's allright o:

Fahrenheight said:
I have a question, can I separate the Sprites? I mean "hand holding sprites set" here and "Guns whatever sprite set" there.. separated files, or Will It Just make things worse?

Hm, what do you mean exactly?

Fahrenheight said:
and GoodLuck fixing or manage or whatever things here in this forum, because I like this forum.

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
kinda like this:

diph.php

----------

diph.php

EDIT: can you see it? or it doesn't show any pic?
EDIT2:Fix

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Hoxtilicious
Sorry, I don't get it, aren't those the files I already have? o:
Are you talking splitting up the sheets into main character spritesheets and weapon spritesheets?

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM
"Huzzah!"
yes splitting sprites.. gun sprites here, hands sprites there, head sprites etc.

Will it make even harder?

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Hoxtilicious
Fahrenheight said:
yes splitting sprites.. gun sprites here, hands sprites there, head sprites etc.

Will it make even harder?

It's not hard for me to use layers. In fact it's pretty easy. (Aslong as the calculation for the frames isn't too tough) But if you overdo (Like 40 layers for every enemy and 40 layers again for their bullets), the game could slow down o:

The map already consumes much CPU Power. It has 5 layers and every block is a polyvector. Every block is also 8x8 in size. 512x384 is the size of the map. 512 / 8 = 64. 64 polyvectors per row. 384 / 8 = 48. 48 polyvectors per column. 64 * 48 = 3072. 3072 Polyvectors per map layer. With 5 map layers we will have 15360 polyvectors. Let's say our player uses 6 layers and uses polyvectors too, (currently it uses anims, but this will change) that means we get 15366 in total. So more layers shouldn't be a problem, as you see, as the map already has dozens of polyvectors drawn. But it will become a problem if we overuse them (Like, 20 for the player or something, because then I will probably lose overview). That you won't overuse layers on effects is a bit more important o: As there probably won't be too much enemies on screen. (Surely not more than 50) But there probably could be much effects on the screen. If we will make it look really good, then there probably would be over 200 SFX or even more. If they would all use 10 layers, we already would get 2000 polyvectors :o
But well, aslong as it makes it easier for you and doesn't make it too much harder for me, you can use more layers. But keep in mind, that the more you will use, the more CPU power it will consume. (For example: With 20000 it could probably run on a 1 GHz, but if it's 1 more, there are already slowdowns)

Just keep in mind not to overdo it o:

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:04 PM
"Huzzah!"
40 layers!? are you going to kill me!? :o

joking aside,

Ok, I'm not going to over do it so don't worry, time to cut/combine layers..

about the enemies, I think all enemies I'm going to make will have 1 to 3 layers and 3 layers is the maximum but mostly one layer, except for the bosses, if there is a bosses.

I was going to ask about cut scenes, but that's too early, I'll just focus on the sprites first. :o

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:29 PM
Hoxtilicious
Fahrenheight said:
about the enemies, I think all enemies I'm going to make will have 1 to 3 layers and 3 layers is the maximum but mostly one layer, except for the bosses, if there is a bosses.

There will be bosses :o

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Hoxtilicious