Studio Pixel Remix/Tribute Project

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
So back in 2009 I created a post requesting musicians to unite together to start the Cave Story Remix Project 2.
A whole load of of talent poured in and the final product turned out amazing!

6 years later the musicians involved have increased there talent and skill massively and I see we have even more musicians here too. So I'm here to propose a new idea for you all to contribute too.

Behold the Studio Pixel Tribute Project (WIP name)

Bassically instead of just remixes from Cave Story this shall include remixes from all his games in tribute to the great man himself.

The remixe's should be from

Ikachan (2000)
Azarashi (2001)
Glasses (Megane) (2003)
Cave Story (2004)
Guxt (2007)
Pink Hour (2014)
Kero Blaster (2014)

Also I know theres some other songs in the PXtone and Puyo Puyo player, I suppose they would be okay to remix too, And I'm sure there is some older older games if I remember right.

This is just an idea at the moment and I would like to know if you people would be interested before we kick this thing off.
Thanks.

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:08 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Well well well, This sounds like a good plan. I support it, And I'll contribute a few tracks that were quickly pasted together (But still sound good at times.).

All I have at the moment is a remix of Zombie...

I called it Zonbie Zombie (The name is poking fun at the file name inside of Cave Story.)

Zonbie Zombie.

I'll contribute more at a later date.

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:46 AM
Creating A Legacy...
I'm guessing this was made in organya? I think we will be looking for stuff made in a DAW using vst's and stuff. It sounds awesome though, just you can't really mix and master in organya that's all. Do you have experience using a DAW?

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:33 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I have no idea what a DAW is. Also, It was made in PxTone because of the 16-bit samples. Organaya isn't as good.

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:49 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I'd like to make something for this, if I have the time! Always wanted to really attempt a decent remix...
Probably for Cave Story though.

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:30 AM
beep boop
I could contribute, but I need my computer back... I'll work on an Ikachan track as soon as I get it back.

Mar 31, 2015 at 3:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What about adding Rain and Soaprun to the list?

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Yes I remember some older games, Rain was the one with droplets of water falling on instruments wasn't it? I best go research :p

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Soaprun isn't actually old though. It was the last game Pixel released before Pink Hour and Kero Blaster.

Sep 18, 2015 at 11:39 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I don't know if there's a better place to post this, but I've done yet another Kero Blaster song.

Prothallium