Still don't get it.

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:05 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Cloakblade said:
When does it say that the Mimiga Village is on the Island that floats in the sky the only time you can confirm that you are onthe island is the plantation and thus the Egg Corridor. The rest of the time you use Teleporters. The Mimiga Village can be on the surface of the planet, well underground the surface of the planet.
Going from the Labrynth, through the Waterway, you end up at Mimiga Village without teleporting. The Labrynth holds the core, which has to be on the island, therefore, Mimiga Village is on the island.

Jul 18, 2007 at 8:32 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
That, and the fact that it says somewhere that the Mimigas were discovered on the island.

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:26 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Atravir said:
That, and the fact that it says somewhere that the Mimigas were discovered on the island.
Where does it say that? Who or what does?

The only place I know it says that was from something I wrote :
Uh, everchanging rough plot line:
0. The island is accidently discovered.
1. Scientists, etc land on the island, Mimigas discovered. "They speak!"
2. Humans and Mimigas work together learning about the island.
3. Conclusion that the artifact known as the Demon Crown is the source of the mystery. Mimiga resist, and prevent the scientists from searching.
Wrote this May 2nd, 2006, 03:58 PM
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/152/

And if it is said like that in the game somewhere, that Mimigas were discovered on the island; well that could be interpeted as if I said I discovered Ants on my porch. Not the first ants in the world mind you...! Nor might the Mimigas be limited to soley existing on the island~!

Jul 18, 2007 at 10:25 PM
Guy with Sword
Someone said it, somewhere. I think it's in Sue's letter, or in one of Jenka's monologs. I remember reading it, at least I think. :D

EDIT: That, and when Jenka talks about the one time ten years ago when Mimigas were loose on the earth. That, and if there were Mimigas on the surface, why would the Doctor bother using the ones on the island?

Jul 18, 2007 at 11:30 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Atravir said:
Someone said it, somewhere. I think it's in Sue's letter, or in one of Jenka's monologs. I remember reading it, at least I think. :D

EDIT: That, and when Jenka talks about the one time ten years ago when Mimigas were loose on the earth. That, and if there were Mimigas on the surface, why would the Doctor bother using the ones on the island?

It's the crown. The crown gives him super powers and power to control the Mimiga when they ate a red flower.

@X-Calibar
Mimigas only exist on the Island and Jenka's been there a long time. The Mimiga probably even exist only because of her or Ballos.

Jul 18, 2007 at 11:39 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Atravir said:

Well the main point for the Doctor wasn't as much as gathering the Mimigas, but finding the Red Flowers... Once he obtained that, he put them to work since they were readily available to plant the flowers, plus they were proven fighters from the war 10 years ago... However, with the Red Crystal I think he had planned to do much more than just frenzied Mimigas...

Now for whether Mimigas exist elsewhere in the world? I think so, but there's no evidence one way or the other. But, I bet they would live secluded lives; and at the very least we do know many Mimiga descended to the earth 10 years ago, now did they all perish? Or are there a few out there even today..! :D

As for that conversation, I have all the dialog written in this notebook of Cave Story... I guess I need to type it in so I can do quick searches, but I didn't see it in Sue's Letter or Jenka's conversations...
Here's from Jenka: "Had the red flowers not existed, the Mimigas might have vanished entirely from the island..."
I'll have to check again to be sure, since I forgot to see what she says if you talk to her multiple times besides her main conversations...

EDIT: I used to think the strange things were limited to the island, but after watching tons of anime, and games that I found similar to Cave Story I think it's unlikely that the island is just the singular odd thing in the world [like if it existed in our reality...]
Er! Gotta run :D

Jul 18, 2007 at 11:55 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
X-Calibar said:
EDIT: I used to think the strange things were limited to the island, but after watching tons of anime, and games that I found similar to Cave Story I think it's unlikely that the island is just the singular odd thing in the world [like if it existed in our reality...]
Er! Gotta run :D

most of anime is just crazy lol -try galaxy angel

what games similar to cave story?

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:17 AM
Guy with Sword
Now you have me looking for that line. "Discovered the Mimigas..." where did I see that...

I still think they're only on the island. Not to say they all went boom with the island. (And Osmose, don't start.) At the ending, there are none left anywhere on the island. Which means they're on the surface.

Pixel likes to mess with our minds.

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:58 AM
Indie game enthusiast
xristosx said:
most of anime is just crazy lol -try galaxy angel

what games similar to cave story?
Haven't seen Galaxy Angel yet..! I heard something about a Galaxy Angel game... hmmm! Will keep an eye out for information about that ..!

As for a game similar to Cave Story... well the Mega Man Zero series (4 games for Nintendo's Gameboy Advance console) so far is my favorite Mega Man series that I've played. It has a lot more coherent story than other mega man games that I've played... [not so repetitive either]; It's really pretty hard too :D
It may lack magic, and the crazy variety of creatures of Cave Story, but it has a pretty cool cast of characters.. :D

Most other megaman games; as much as I love Mega Man, seem more of a romp to me, where I can ignore plot pretty much...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ_poIsF-9I
- music video based on the japanese commercials~!

Er keep an eye on the Things like Cave Story...! thread, I'll put more games and anime that are similar there when I get a chance!
EDIT: Here's the opening to Mega Man Zero... it reminds me sort of what Cave Story 0 could be like... [the robots are attacking!]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW2XkkMqE98

Jul 19, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Guy with Sword
Cave Story is also pretty close to the original Metriods.

@X-Calibar:
I still think Megaman X is the best of the series. Once it gets into zero and the new ones, Megaman falls into the inevitable flaw of Anime series and Japanese games: everything becomes extremely overcomplicated, and missing one game leads to the whole "Wait, what the heck? Did I miss something?" thing.
Tooooo many sequels. But the games themselves are still addictingly fun.

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Indie game enthusiast
You've played through Megaman Zero 1?
I thought it was pretty a pretty straight-forward standalone game, although ideally you should have played the X games first... [especially X1 - X5]

I cannot deny, I love the X games, seeing how Mega Man has long been one of my favorite games out there.. It has a cool original story. But, I played X1 then X4, X5 and X6; each game felt reused to me, as if the characters besides X, Zero and Sigma are superficial. Since others don't usually or ever make it to the next game.
With Megaman Zero, I got to talk to everyone at the base after every mission, and feel a little more attached to the events going on, rather than just going out to hunt the 8 bosses to get to the real threat. [Oh and I like Ciel :p :p] I haven't played through X2,3 and all of zero 2,3,4; but I was happily surprised that in Z2 it picked right up with the same characters and storyline...! New things were taking place but, seeing familiar faces along with the sweet Zero2 intro instantly made me love it.

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:10 PM
Guy with Sword
Gameplay wise, Megaman Zero is a much better developed game. The problem is that I missed MMX 4 and 5 (only on PS), and found myself pretty well lost on the zero series. I played a ways through zero 1 (had to give it back to my friend), and the entire time I was wondering what happened to X, why is Zero in hibernation, and since when did they get a base? There are probably more answers if I had played all of the way through the first zero game, but I didn't get that far.

Jul 19, 2007 at 11:36 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I'm fairly sure that the later Megaman X games offer no real explanation for the setup of the Zero series, so don't worry that you missed anything beyond Sigma coming back again. And again. And again.

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:04 AM
Guy with Sword
I need to find the Zero games and get them. Onward! To E-Bay!