Steve Jobs died...

Oct 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I know who he is, but it's not like I could retell his whole life story.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Noxid said:
Pretty sure Jobs wasn't single-handedly steering the company with an iron fist. For something that big, it begins to take on a life of its own.

The company isn't going to change.
And this isn't about the company.

This is about a man... A person, even.

A man who led a company that actually charges people for service every other company gives for free, and is only fair to be given for free. If Jobs didn't think this was the way to go, it wouldn't have been the way Apple does things. He was a visionary in money-making and not a thing more. Fuck him. He'll reach hell and burn there forever.

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
NeatNit said:
A man who led a company that actually charges people for service every other company gives for free, and is only fair to be given for free. If Jobs didn't think this was the way to go, it wouldn't have been the way Apple does things. He was a visionary in money-making and not a thing more. Fuck him. He'll reach hell and burn there forever.

He just did what he thought would earn him the most profits. If you don't like his services, then the solution is simple: don't buy his products. Either way it doesn't make him intrinsically a bad person.

Offering bad service doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him a bad dealer. Just use other services.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
At the end of the day, The main goal in buisness is to make money. Yeah he may of made some bad dealings but he also brought you a range of amazing Apple products what have changed the way we live our lifes..

I'd say it was a fair trade. I love my IPod <3

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Been here way too long...
NeatNit said:

I don't think everyone in this thread understands capitalism.

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:33 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I saw a comment the other day on a video of Steve Jobs that said this:
"Burn in hell Steve Jobs. I bet he died a virgin."
That made me laugh at how stupid the commenter, Steve Jobs had a wife.

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:34 AM
STEVE JOBS CHARGED ME FOR A SERVICE, WHAT AN ASSHOLE.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:02 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How can you not blame Steve for something and then give him credit for something else, when both had to be done by the same person?

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:49 PM
He deserves no blame for his policies because it is not a bad thing to make money.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It is not a bad thing to hate people who care only about making money and not their customers :rolleyes:

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
NeatNit said:
It is not a bad thing to hate people

Quoted for falseness.

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:29 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hmm shouldn't Wedge have that avatar? o.O

Anyway it is a bad thing to hate people who do there job. Hate Hitler and rapists etc.. Yes, But a man who brought so much happiness to the world and shaped technology? N.O.

Honestly its like some of you guys are chasing perfection, and quite honestly it kinda pisses me off. You cant expect a buisness man to make all the right decisions.

When you've achieved as much as Steve Jobs did, THEN you can come and complain..

Disrespectful and Ungrateful.

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Or better yet, don't hate people period. Hating what someone has done is fine, but hating people honestly doesn't make sense.
The Holocaust was terrible, every last bit of it, but Hitler really pulled Germany out of the shitter economically, fixed the place up nice.
Hell, it's fine to hate a belief system (Nazis, for example), but hating a single person isn't really my cup of tea.

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:57 AM
Well, we lasted 53 posts without mentioning Hitler. Good effort, team.

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Lace said:
He deserves no blame for his policies because it is not a bad thing to make money.

Yes. But there is another part of the medal of capitalism. Don't get me wrong I AM a huge fan of capitalism (with a human face), but look at this:

My good friend, a (about) 55 years old US marine who served his country, the USA, all his life, was on foreign operations, etc....will die/live shorter from colon cancer since he has no money to afford specific treatment.

In Serbia, an arrogant, hysterical patient who probably was a beggar/thief/living from social help whole his life since he was too lazy to work, etc....HAS already recieved surgery and treatment FOR FREE accoding to high European standards and will live longer from the same disease.

I am a capitalist but it needs to have a more human face in the US. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but that's constructive criticism only, but you have to admit no system is perfect and there is always a room for correction....

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 13, 2011 at 6:23 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
If I've learned anything from my dad working with Apple for 5 years, that fits the bill.