Steve Jobs died...

Oct 6, 2011 at 6:31 AM
inside is yello
"..."
cultr1 said:
I wonder why

Actually, from what I know of the stock market (which is admittedly little) it closes at the same time each day.

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah, but apple could have released the information before the market closed (perhaps, I'm not sure what time of day he died).

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Does anyone know where he died? In the hospital? While sleeping?

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM
I would assume either in a hospital or in hospice.
Not sure though.

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:03 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
WD said:
Jokes have already spread, and it's only been 3 hours.

"Hipsters will now buy more apple products since Steve Jobs is underground"
"Funeral arrangements? There's an app for that"
"I guess Macs can get viruses after all."

"Sounds like the cancer really got the Job done."

"So have they announced the iJobs2?"

"iMourn."

"I heard he had a tumour the size of an Apple."

"looks like Bill Gates gets the win"

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Oct 6, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Wow this descended from respectful to crass so quickly I am actually disappointed.

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM
I guess it's difficult for some people to grasp what a huge effect his life and death had on the world of digital technology.

...BONUS ROUND:
"It's not the fault of the Democrats or the Republicans. It turned out to be cancer that took our Jobs."

(inb4 "derka derr")

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
I guess it's difficult for some people to grasp what a huge effect his life and death had on the world of digital technology.

I would say that his life did have a huge impact, but I don't know if his death does. At least not to me.

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:19 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I've never heard of him, but losing every innovator is sad...

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM
trickybilly said:
I've never heard of him, but losing every innovator is sad...

p138200-0-3fa9aa4e19889110c01bae7601d70e25.png

DO YOU NOT HAVE COMPUTERS OVER THERE?

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Captain Fabulous said:
In Serbia, and in many countries of Central Europe, we have no Macintosh/Apple at all, only PCs running only Windows...if he was involved in the latter 2 too than I'm ignorant in computer history.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Without the ipod I dont think I would be the person I am today.. R.I.P Steve.

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:13 PM
cultr1 said:
Wow this descended from respectful to crass so quickly I am actually disappointed.
Are you talking about that one post by sexply? Everything else I've seen has been respectful.

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Captain Fabulous said:

You see son not every country can allow itself over-priced apple products. Anyways it's too bad that Steve Jobs died so young, but I didn't know much about him either. I knew he existed and that he was the King of apple, but that's about it. Nobody has macs here either.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:48 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Edit: Whoops! Forgot the post I made before this one:

Great! I can't wait for Apple to now either stop being such fucking assholes or go completely out of business!

Copy pasta from a different forum:

I have no problem with (most of) Apple's products. I think they're of high quality, and the fact that every other company is copying their products does have a reason. It's simply their complete disregard for the customer, and the fact that they make money from others' creations, that drives me insane. Also iTunes is a shiny pile of shit, and they force their iDevice customers to use is (the devices themselves are pretty smooth software-wise).
I live in Israel. I have an issue with iTunes. What are my options for customer service? You're free to look in Apple's website. Absolutely NOTHING. Nada. The only Israeli store chain that officially sells Apple products (called iDigital) would also only offer tech support during 3 months after purchase, and I think Apple does the same thing. Also Apple charges money for support. This is simply completely fucked up.
The only reason the iPhone and iPad are so successful is the App Store and its contents. While obviously I can't speak for other countries, I can tell you that I estimate 90% of iDevices in Israel are jailbroken, Installous included. This is not just a random number I threw out there, it's actually quite accurate. You know what, let's say 80%. People pay full price for Apple's obviously overpriced products, yet they decide not to pay the people who made the device actually worth buying - the app developers. Without the apps, the iDevices would be completely worthless. And sure, some people or even most people do pay for their apps, but even from that money Apple takes a surprisingly large amount. Apple are simply assholes.

I've been an owner of iPod Touch for I think a year and a half. However I have never and will never pay full price for an Apple product, ever. I got my first one (2nd gen) second hand from a friend, and my current one (4th gen 8 GB) from my ISP using a special deal involving upgrading our speed (which was of course a good thing), giving a very significant price drop (over 50% relative to Israel prices).
The only reason I have it is the wonderful selection of games it has, and I've never jailbroken the device. While it makes me mad every time I think most of the money went to Apple, I'm glad the developers at least get something for my enjoyment.

tl;dr Apple are asshole bitches, don't deserve a fucking penny.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:54 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Pretty sure Jobs wasn't single-handedly steering the company with an iron fist. For something that big, it begins to take on a life of its own.

The company isn't going to change.
And this isn't about the company.

This is about a man... A person, even.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:41 AM
WoodenRat said:
You see son not every country can allow itself over-priced apple products. Anyways it's too bad that Steve Jobs died so young, but I didn't know much about him either. I knew he existed and that he was the King of apple, but that's about it. Nobody has macs here either.

But... what part of the internet are you using if you haven't heard of Steve Jobs? Bing.com? It's not like you learn about Steve Jobs by buying Apple products. They don't say "BOW DOWN TO STEVE JOBS BUY MORE APPLE PRODUCTS" on them.
He's like, the second most famous person in the computer industry.