Speedrunning tips?

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:09 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
To clarify, in order to get the star "Watch for falling blocks" in 0.5 Z presses, it involves quote building up speed for 12 hors to travel several QPUs.
You forgot to transport the Curly-bug around so it becomes active when Quote clips through the block.

Another quick tip would be to also use the Blade in groups of enemies. In Labyrinth M make sure you're leveling up the sml quickly and get the Blade to level 2 because lvl 3 is harder to hit the core's projectiles in a sequence.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:18 AM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Another quick tip would be to also use the Blade in groups of enemies. In Labyrinth M make sure you're leveling up the sml quickly and get the Blade to level 2 because lvl 3 is harder to hit the core's projectiles in a sequence.
This is good advice- once the blade gets to lv 2, treat it like the nemesis.

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:59 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
This is good advice- once the blade gets to lv 2, treat it like the nemesis.
Yeah the level 2 blade is excessively great for mowing down enemies. I've had good use for it in the Labyrinth (obviously) and in the last cave; it's level 1 variant does high damage and since the critters and bats have low hp is a great alternative if you don't have the spur which in a speedrun you have the machine gun.

Mar 10, 2018 at 8:04 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Pointless double post
If you take the machine gun you can skip a good part of waterway using pause buffering.
Yeah, and you also can Machine Boost--I found a good video showing how to do it.

It seems like you need to study some other people's runs too.
I really do.
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 10, 2018 at 10:50 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I can't find any documentation on the BLJ halp

Mar 11, 2018 at 11:54 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Why would there be "documentation," it's a speedrunning trick...?
Wouldn't be the first time speedrunning tricks are documented.

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I meant I can't find anything about the BLJ anywhere. I just see Mario 64 videos.

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:59 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Mar 11, 2018 at 7:03 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Here's the BLJ you guys are looking for.
1. Backwards long jump. If you want to see people doing it, Google it.

2. No, it's actually this:
p362638-0-dxrydg4.gif

Boost into a slope and jump at the right moment and you'll be launched forwards. If timed perfectly you can get some insane momentum by doing this.
It also works with flat surfaces, but it's much harder to do. Your feet will have to be level with the tile you want to boost launch on, then boost into it and jump at the right moment, which should be just as you come into contact with it.

I can't really give you any better advice about exactly when to jump. You just need to practice a lot and you should be able to get it into muscle memory eventually.

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:15 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Here's the BLJ you guys are looking for.
Isn't that basically just a "boost jump"? (like where you use the booster to jump and get insane momentum)

I see no backwords jumps :p

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:45 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's just a referential nickname, since it does give insane momentum much like the BLJ from Super Mario 64.

Mar 11, 2018 at 10:31 PM
It's just a referential nickname, since it does give insane momentum much like the BLJ from Super Mario 64.

So how do you get the Spur early with it?

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:50 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Ohhhh I understand now