Somthing Strange... (Cave story+ Could have four endings?)

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
When I looked at the description of cave story+ on steam it said that it had four endings under the key features menu. Is this a typo or is it real?

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p166710-0-untvotc.png

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:26 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Mar 23, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Based Member
This was discussed some time ago, and we came to the conclusion that NICALiS was talking about the Mimiga mask ending.

Although if Pixel himself referred to it as three endings, I wonder why NICALiS went off and counted the Mimiga mask ending as a fourth one. They must have put that there without his consent or something.

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:34 AM
"Huzzah!"
HaydenStudios said:
I wonder why NICALiS went off and counted the Mimiga mask ending as a fourth one. They must have put that there without his consent or something.
Tsk tsk, NICALiS. Tsk tsk. Now prepare to be hit in the head with a stick by a rather cute mimiga :toroko:~

Justice.

Mar 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Mimiga mask, it changes some pictures, yet no best ending.

Mar 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
FrozenFire said:
Tsk tsk, NICALiS. Tsk tsk. Now prepare to be hit in the head with a stick by a rather cute mimiga :toroko:~

Justice.
Because sticks are so god damn painful, especially from a quite young aged BUNNY. XD

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
iamssj4 said:
Because sticks are so god damn painful, especially from a quite young aged BUNNY. XD
Do not underestimate Toroko.

Her Attack stat is poor, but she has some insane Crit. Hit, Speed, Special Attack, and Vitality...heck, she can do as much damage as an energy pistol with a stick.

She runs faster than a Scout Robot and takes no contact damage...and every frame of her attack causes damage, so if Quote didn't have Mercy Invincibility she could easily rip him to shreds within seconds.

She could massacre the entire population of First Cave just by running through and flailing a twig.

The blood of heroes is her blood. If she had a decent sword and a little training, she could be STRONGER than Arthur.

But alas, she was cheesed by magic...just like her brother. If things had gone just a little differently, if Misery had not taken the wrong Mimiga, if Arthur or King had trained her rather than foolishly deciding to "protect" her, Toroko could have been the greatest knight for good the world had ever known.

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:43 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Polaris said:

Her Attack stat is poor, but she has some insane Crit. Hit, Speed, Special Attack, and Vitality...heck, she can do as much damage as an energy pistol with a stick.

She runs faster than a Scout Robot and takes no contact damage...and every frame of her attack causes damage, so if Quote didn't have Mercy Invincibility she could easily rip him to shreds within seconds.

She could massacre the entire population of First Cave just by running through and flailing a twig.

The blood of heroes is her blood. If she had a decent sword and a little training, she could be STRONGER than Arthur.

But alas, she was cheesed by magic...just like her brother. If things had gone just a little differently, if Misery had not taken the wrong Mimiga, if Arthur or King had trained her rather than foolishly deciding to "protect" her, Toroko could have been the greatest knight for good the world had ever known.
....Even though she would of been killed by the doctor before she could even stand up to him. Think about it...when Toroko attacks Quote with the stick, it takes away 1 health point. And Balrog, at that point, had 60 health points, and the fact she would have to run around the room 60 times, she wouldn't even live to train. Featuring the fact she's a kid, as well, she might not have much of these 'health points' either. With Balrog's attack strength, and the fact this all proves training would be IMPOSSIBLE, I have proved my point. Not to mention that even if she DID train, and if she ever ended up fighting the doctor, she would have to deal with the CORE, and BALLOS, as well. If the core isn't good enough to kill someone that couldn't stand up to Balrog, I don't know what is.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I don't think you actually read their (dammit Polaris) post because if you had you'd have seen the parts about her not taking contact damage and doing damage in every frame of movement, coupled with the fact that enemies don't have mercy invulnerability, meaning in one second she'd do 50/60 damage depending on which version of CS you're playing.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Dunc2403 said:
I don't think you actually read their (dammit Polaris) post because if you had you'd have seen the parts about her not taking contact damage and doing damage in every frame of movement, coupled with the fact that enemies don't have mercy invulnerability, meaning in one second she'd do 50/60 damage depending on which version of CS you're playing.
Yes, thank you for proving my point. :critter:

Dunc2403 said:
I don't think you actually read their (dammit Polaris) post

...:awesomeface:

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
iamssj4 said:
....Even though she would of been killed by the doctor before she could even stand up to him. Think about it...when Toroko attacks Quote with the stick, it takes away 1 health point. And Balrog, at that point, had 60 health points, and the fact she would have to run around the room 60 times, she wouldn't even live to train. Featuring the fact she's a kid, as well, she might not have much of these 'health points' either. With Balrog's attack strength, and the fact this all proves training would be IMPOSSIBLE, I have proved my point. Not to mention that even if she DID train, and if she ever ended up fighting the doctor, she would have to deal with the CORE, and BALLOS, as well. If the core isn't good enough to kill someone that couldn't stand up to Balrog, I don't know what is.
Yes, there is no fourth ending. I know because I have done all three. I've got a question, though. I am a newb, this is my first post. Can someone perhaps show me around the site?

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Jgenius64 said:
Yes, there is no fourth ending. I know because I have done all three. I've got a question, though. I am a newb, this is my first post. Can someone perhaps show me around the site?
Let's see...uh...

1-Read the rules and abide by them always.

2-Be awesome.

3-Interested in mods? Go to Cave Story Modding, or Showcase if you want to play some. Anything Cave Story related is in Cave Story Discussion, or go to Satellite Lounge to talk about random/stupid things.

4-Click on "help" at the lower left for more info.

It's dangerous to go alone! Have a cookie.

/offer chocolate chip cookie

And welcome. :pignon:

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Can someone perhaps show me around the site?
Sure, hold my hand and we'll go on a magical journey together.

Marvel in awe as we fly over the towering dregs of the modding section, piled high with lost and forgotten creations, portals to lands time has forgotten. And off to the side, the modding ideas forum, a blissful idyllic garden - but be careful, for everything is not as it seems. Try to taste of its fruit, and you may find that much of it simply turns to vapor in your grasp!

Come now, and let's not tarry, because we have a long ways to go if we are to traverse the Dead City of Cave Story Discussion. Once a vibrant metropolis filled with all the pleasures and hedonism our mortal world can give, it's now a bleak, crumbling waste, inhabited only by scavengers and madmen. Occasionally travelers try to forge their way through its depths in hopes of glimpsing the treasures said to be buried within, but none have emerged with more than a broken spirit and tales of woe. There is a small trading post on its outskirts called the "Other Games Forum", but life there is meager and if you're not careful, you may fall prey to its many bandits and thieves. In the distance, beyond the towering walls you may hear the faint clamour of grinding and hammering metal - That's the mobs of Bots seeking to swarm what little there is left of this land and strip everything of value. They are relentless, and they never sleep, but the wall holds - for now, at least.

Now we go up, beyond the Administrator's Steel City in the Sky, to the Satellite Lounge. The last remaining settlement of refugees from the Cave Story Discussion Empire. Its lonely orbit is punctuated only by the occasional skirmish between the Forum Based Gamers, a rebellious young tribe of children raised after The Fall, and the Old Alliance, who seek to preserve the old ways and enforce a quiet order. The two camps are entwined in orbit around a mass of refuse known only as the SPOT, a great moldering sphere of trash and corpses where both parties dump their refuse. It is said that some mad beasts once walked its fetid surface, but nobody has been able to provide proof that anything could live in such an inhospitable clime.

With that, I have shown you all that I can of this land. You must now go forth on your own, and make what claim you can. Remember to follow the laws of this land, for though the Empire has crumbled its ways are still held dear in the hearts of many. And with that.. I bid you farewell.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
You say that we have yet to provide proof that something could survive amidst the SPOT, but you are forgetting one important detail. Greater than any mortal, the ruler of the SPOT lies in wait, biding his time. Though he was defeated twice, he remains faithful to his purpose. One day, the sole living inhabitant of the SPOT will return to the land of the CSTSF, forging a new empire. Once the true empire is created, the imposter empire will be blown away by the power of his hurricane. None shall survive, save the chosen. And from those few, the empire will begin anew.

Paraphrased from the Windy Gospel, according to Dunc.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
And Noxid wins the 2013 Kanpachi for best post.

And Dunc for best supporting post/best prophecy.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Professional Whatever
Mosaic said:
And Noxid wins the 2013 Kanpachi for best magical journey.
FTFY

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
FrozenFire said:

Justice.
Jaja Funny and Cute, you can do it Toroko :toroko: xD

Polaris said:

I think all these possibilities a lot of times, you're my idol xD

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
@Noxid

There needs to be a painting of what you described.
Then, it needs to be displayed for future generations who stumble into this place...

If only there was a game parody of Ib that represented the forums...
"In the early afternoon, under a gray sky..."

Sue and her family were
on their way to an art gallery...

"Did you remember everything, Sue?"

"Oh! Do you have your pendant?
You know, the one you got for your birthday?"

"Keep it safe in your pocket, okay?
Don't lose it!"

Sue, Kazuma and Momorin go to visit an art gallery displaying various works by Pixel and his followers.

"We're here to see an
exhibition of works by an
artist named Pixel..."

Sue goes ahead to look around.
She looks at various strange and wonderful exhibits, until she comes across a very large painting.

"??? Site"
You don't know some of these words...

".....?"

The lights dim... and all is silent...

And so Sue would soon discover herself lost in a strange world that Pixel himself had not expected.
Besides the harmless strange cats, falling glasses, and floating squids, there would be many more worrysome things to come...

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:05 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What happened to talking about there being four endings?