• Sorry guys, I fucked up in the stupidest way possible. Any avatars, attachments or media uploaded in the past month may be broken. The bulk of those are attachments.

Affected posts are by Brite / Dr. Minty Fresh / HeCooksPattiesAndSellsThe / Catalystl / ilikebreadtoomuch / Draco / minecraftstorymodefan / Extra Life / darkruler9229

Affected posts are in threads Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread / CS ~ Encore / game opens in 1080, occupies only the top left corner / Friday Night Funkin' / Bluebot Requisition - DEMO / Show us your desktop / Cave Story Season 2 / gacha cave story pics / Cave Story with XBRZ filter / Project Ampersand

-Andwhy

Soaprun

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:51 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, I have just found this entry in the "Other works by Pixel" section of cavestory.org, and I was surprised to see an online multiplayer game by Pixel!

I couldn't find any other information anywhere, and I'm so sad that it's not available anymore, except for two offline mods that have the maps hardcoded - and no story, enemies, weapons, or whatever.

It looks like it's a very short an non-complicated game, but I wonder: has anybody thought about re-writing the online server for the game? Or pheraps the full game itself?
I couldn't manage to spoof the connections it makes via a debugging proxy, but pheraps somebody has a vague idea of how it worked?

BTW, do you also know which font is used in the english translations? I love it!

Sep 29, 2020 at 7:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think it would be very interesting to be able to play this game, it looks like it has a lot of potential if someone was really interested in bringing it back.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think it would be very interesting to be able to play this game, it looks like it has a lot of potential if someone was really interested in bringing it back.
So do I! I could even try to re-write the game in Python with Pygame (I'm looking for a project for my spare time ;P) but there's so little information out there, I basically don't know even how did the multiplayer work. If someone has played it, I would be very interested in knowing more, a fun leisure project could come out :D

Oct 4, 2020 at 3:45 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So do I! I could even try to re-write the game in Python with Pygame (I'm looking for a project for my spare time ;P) but there's so little information out there, I basically don't know even how did the multiplayer work. If someone has played it, I would be very interested in knowing more, a fun leisure project could come out :D
Well Noxid did do a speedrun on it: