Soaprun

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:51 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, I have just found this entry in the "Other works by Pixel" section of cavestory.org, and I was surprised to see an online multiplayer game by Pixel!

I couldn't find any other information anywhere, and I'm so sad that it's not available anymore, except for two offline mods that have the maps hardcoded - and no story, enemies, weapons, or whatever.

It looks like it's a very short an non-complicated game, but I wonder: has anybody thought about re-writing the online server for the game? Or pheraps the full game itself?
I couldn't manage to spoof the connections it makes via a debugging proxy, but pheraps somebody has a vague idea of how it worked?

BTW, do you also know which font is used in the english translations? I love it!

Sep 29, 2020 at 7:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think it would be very interesting to be able to play this game, it looks like it has a lot of potential if someone was really interested in bringing it back.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think it would be very interesting to be able to play this game, it looks like it has a lot of potential if someone was really interested in bringing it back.
So do I! I could even try to re-write the game in Python with Pygame (I'm looking for a project for my spare time ;P) but there's so little information out there, I basically don't know even how did the multiplayer work. If someone has played it, I would be very interested in knowing more, a fun leisure project could come out :D

Oct 4, 2020 at 3:45 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So do I! I could even try to re-write the game in Python with Pygame (I'm looking for a project for my spare time ;P) but there's so little information out there, I basically don't know even how did the multiplayer work. If someone has played it, I would be very interested in knowing more, a fun leisure project could come out :D
Well Noxid did do a speedrun on it: