Six Most Addictive Games of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
highheelgamer said:
lol...yep never played Cave Story! Tell me about it.
You're serious.
And you joined the CAVE STORY TRIBUTE SITE FORUMS why?

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aar said:
You're serious.
To advertise lavacat/pocketcake. It's not exactly unexpected of a 12-year old like herself.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Professional Whatever
Oh my god
Highheel you are just filled with passive aggressive shit aren't you

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm sorry high-heel, I can't stand to look at you. I... I'm ad-blocking your face. Sorry.

Also did "Cathie Sims" give you permission to paste the opening post? I ask because fuck you. I'm sorry -- I say this preemptively because you'd inevitably express that you don't "need permission" to copy someone else's work without at least citing the source. Grown-up type people call this plagiarism.

This is of course ignoring the fact that top-x lists rely solely on either information a reader doesn't already know, or information that is on-par with what a reader does know. Since none of the above are "Cave Story", I don't think you know your audience. (How does one 'pac' a man? And what is this "tet'ed-ris" you speak of?)

Although it's evident that "Cathie Sims" might be a little too addicted to Mario considering his entry is longer than the other five combined. So I don't think it was a professional writer to begin with, making the lack of source citation a lot more obnoxious.

(Maybe if I adblock "highheelgamer"? But I don't think that would hide her posts...)

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Aar said:
You're serious.
Basically to inform you of a free game. Don't you like free games on your android phone or tablet?

ZarroTsu said:
I'm sorry high-heel, I can't stand to look at you. I... I'm ad-blocking your face. Sorry.

Also did "Cathie Sims" give you permission to paste the opening post? I ask because fuck you. I'm sorry -- I say this preemptively because you'd inevitably express that you don't "need permission" to copy someone else's work without at least citing the source. Grown-up type people call this plagiarism.

This is of course ignoring the fact that top-x lists rely solely on either information a reader doesn't already know, or information that is on-par with what a reader does know. Since none of the above are "Cave Story", I don't think you know your audience. (How does one 'pac' a man? And what is this "tet'ed-ris" you speak of?)

Although it's evident that "Cathie Sims" might be a little too addicted to Mario considering his entry is longer than the other five combined. So I don't think it was a professional writer to begin with, making the lack of source citation a lot more obnoxious.

(Maybe if I adblock "highheelgamer"? But I don't think that would hide her posts...)
We are newspaper journalists, not Wikipedia or college papers. Our goal is just to inform you of free games. This is actually the only forum out of 350 we've experienced negative feed back. Perhaps the atmosphere is set by your fearless leader.
Regardless, one would think a free game to download on your phone or tablet would be a big interest. Good luck with your gaming!

ZarroTsu said:

We are newspaper journalists, not writing for Wikipedia or college. This forum is actually the only one with negative feedback out of the 350 forums we use. Perhaps it stems from your fearless leader.
Regardless, we ARE here to inform you of free games. One would think a free game for your phone or tablet would be of interest to you. Anyway, good luck on your gaming!

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:36 PM
highheelgamer said:
Perhaps the atmosphere is set by your fearless leader.

Okay I think we can ban her now guys. Nothing gets more FUCKING HILARIOUS than this.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"free"
"game"

Pretty sure free games don't hire human spambots to whore themselves out over hundreds of forums. Genuinely sorry about your job by the way, I can't imagine this being what you wanted out of your life.
also
Perhaps the atmosphere is set by your fearless leader

your fearless leader

fearless leader

p171236-0-xwqubom.png

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM
The highlight of cat month.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
is there a way that Andwhyisit can set highheelgamer's posts to automatically go into the S.P.O.T.?

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Probably not, but I have more than enough stubbornness to do it myself
I fought frontline in the Spambot Wars of 2011, this is nothing.

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Highheelgamer is just another pederstrain to you, isn't she?

By the way, HHG, having your threads immediately deleted for being spam counts as a negative reception. This is probably the most response you've ever gotten on a forum if it's the first time it's been negative.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Also,

highheelgamer said:
out of the 350 forums we use.

I'm still waiting for you to cite your sources at least once. Perhaps you could indulge in doing here? Or is asking for that also 'negative feedback'?

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
... I don't care about HHG's age or the sources or anything else that people are punishing "her" for,

I'm just wondering why they supposedly Copy-pasted multiple crappy advertisements on 350 different forums...

On second thought, if your pocketcake company is honest... HOW THE HECK did you manage to get 350 Forums to support this crap.

If anything, I think you honestly deserve a medal if this ignorant-style marketing worked that many times before us.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
EnlightenedOne said:
I'm just wondering why they supposedly Copy-pasted multiple crappy advertisements on 350 different forums...
That's how spambots work, except those are computer-driven as opposed to minivan-drivers

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
EnlightenedOne said:
... I don't care about HHG's age or the sources or anything else that people are punishing "her" for,

On second thought, if your pocketcake company is honest... HOW THE HECK did you manage to get 350 Forums to support this crap.

If anything, I think you honestly deserve a medal if this ignorant-style marketing worked that many times before us.
Well here's an explanation for you. Once upon a time there was a.... company? called pocketcake. It must have involved at least two people. These pocketcake people were upset that no one cared about them. So they decided to spam some 350 forums with random articles to advertise themselves. One person posted the spam while the others pretended to like it and said great things about it that weren't "negative feedback." All these threads were locked soon afterwards, which helped them, since no one could say anything bad if it was locked. One day, these people came across a forum called the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums. One of these pocketcake people made an account called "highheelgamer" and started posting stuff right away. However, before her(?) buddies came, people got pissed. Suddenly, she got all defensive and started acting like we were supposed to be happy someone had come to advertise their company by pointlessly spamming. She claimed that we were the only forum out of 350 that had "negative feedback." I hope that clears things up a little.

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Yeah no I've had enough

It's time to move on, and by that I mean pretend that none of this ever happened

Status
Not open for further replies.