Show off your org music...

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:30 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Last edited:
Sep 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not bad. One thing I might nit-pick is that track number 1 doesn't carry well enough in my opinion. That, and I'm not a huge fan of drum tracks that make all Orgmaker versions prior to 2.1.0 crash, but that's just me. Otherwise, this brought me back to 2007.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:33 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I'm not a huge fan of drum tracks that make all Orgmaker versions prior to 2.1.0 crash
Didn't realize that was a thing, my bad. The only drums were the little count in at the beginning.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:24 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
New ORG: Sticker, based on the 9-12 stage song from Puyo Puyo. You may recognize its watered-down form in Mean Bean Machine's Exercise Mode. (I can never decide if I should direct link or link to the section, like with a picture, so I guess I'll do the latter. It's listed under "Unfinished ORGs", but it's finished now and I'll move it sometime this month.)

Also, I've been dipping into the ORG collection somewhat. Let me just say, Uncy Dave, your work is frickin' bawss. I've never heard a song so evocative of going down rapids in a barrel.

edit: Fixed a tiny little thing I overlooked before. I think it makes a big difference, but your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
New ORG: Sticker, based on the 9-12 stage song from Puyo Puyo. You may recognize its watered-down form in Mean Bean Machine's Exercise Mode. (I can never decide if I should direct link or link to the section, like with a picture, so I guess I'll do the latter. It's listed under "Unfinished ORGs", but it's finished now and I'll move it sometime this month.)

Also, I've been dipping into the ORG collection somewhat. Let me just say, Uncy Dave, your work is frickin' bawss. I've never heard a song so evocative of going down rapids in a barrel.
Wow, that's really good! Haven't heard the original, but it sounds really nice and fast paced.

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Wow, that's really good! Haven't heard the original, but it sounds really nice and fast paced.

Thanks a bunch! I'm proud of how close it ultimately came out to the original in terms of pacing and interplay of sounds.

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:54 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

Your instrumentation overall sounds way too "tame", you should be using crunchier wavs to emulate that Sega Genesis sound. Especially for the bass line. More of the wavs in the 60-99 region, I'd say.

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:14 PM
Your instrumentation overall sounds way too "tame", you should be using crunchier wavs to emulate that Sega Genesis sound. Especially for the bass line. More of the wavs in the 60-99 region, I'd say.

I hear what you're saying, and I did mean to do that at first - but when I was done, it ended up that I kind of liked the softer sounds even better than the original. So I left it as is. But, I thank you; that range advice is good to keep in mind for other Genesis-based songs.

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:38 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Guile

Haven't done any ORGs for quite a while so this will probably sound a little shit.

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:29 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Octoling

Just something ive started working on, have yet to finish.
Also, Hi, I havnt posted anything in a while

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Beakface
Octoling

Just something ive started working on, have yet to finish.
Also, Hi, I havnt posted anything in a while

Some interesting, snappy notes you've got there. Love the little clashes. It kind of reminds me of an underground theme.

Today (er yesterday?) I tried my hand at composing with ORG Maker v1. The old family computer still had this version, so I was browsing old ORGs with it, got carried away and made some music. Kind of lullaby-ish, but with a bit of a heavier percussion.

hmm

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:24 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I've been doing a LOT of work with ORGs. Here's quite a few that I've done that aren't Kero Blaster or Undertale related.

Includes:
  • Transcriptions of the Doctor Who theme, Keyboard Cat, Law and Order, Lights by Ellie Goulding, the theme from LocoRoco, the Kraken, and the theme from Monk.
  • Electron Cloud (Pulse rearrangement)
  • Fortress Terrace (mashup of Balcony and Wind Fortress)
  • Midnight Clockwatch (original ORG)
  • Quote's Theme (remix of Cave Story)

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:12 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Oct 22, 2015 at 5:24 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I completed the opening track from Up, Married Life, the other day.
I made it for my girlfriend for our 2nd anniversary...
In my opinion, it is my best piece of music to date. It's also my longest at over 4 minutes.

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:01 PM
Beakface
In my opinion, it is my best piece of music to date.
Do you mean, your best transcription to date? The wording makes it sound like it's an original composition. :p

Anyways, I'm listening to it now. I dig the trills and inflections. I love the play with dynamics. I don't know why, but I wasn't really a fan of track 4's instrument choice; it seemed a little too "hard" for me. Personal preference, but I felt like wave 11 may have been a more suitable fit.

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yes, transcription, not original ouo"